The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-24-2016

Morning all. Hang in there Chief spring is coming we'll make it.

Well we made it down to a big 28 this morning. To cold for me. We are thou suppose to get up to 47 today and only a low of 38 tonight/tomorrow morning.

No real news for today did pick up a parts/restore-able 2025 for $31.80 including shipping so will play with that does run but forward only so may not have a E-unit in it easy fix and some cleaning up and see what else. Appears to have a smoke unit in it but does it work lol. only time will tell.

Also picked up a 242 with a tender that has the wheel in it for the sound of Chug along with 5 lower end cars for $30 including shipping I will go over that and put it aside for next Christmas time and see if I can find a deserving child I'll find a transformer somewhere during the year I have plenty of track to add to it maybe a switch or two even or cross over to make a figure 8. It gives me something to do and doesn't cost much.

That 2025 could become a candidate for that also. time will tell and depends how much I really like it once I fix it up lol.

Hope all are having a good weekend and keeping warm and dry. You in North east unless you really need to go out stay in, it's not worth it.

Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-24-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 headed for cloudy and 32.

Not much to report around here. I've been getting packed to head off to my son's place. Tomorrow we visit with all three doctors - surgeon, radiologist, oncologist. I don't expect much from this visit. He is scheduled for a PET scan at the end of March which will give us a much better picture of how he is doing.

Prayers for all in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-25-2016

Morning all. Temps rising. 34 degrees so going up fast. Schools closed due to some streets still iced. Off to physical therapy. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-25-2016

Morning all Brother near York said he got 30+ inches of snow. It's 36 going up to 55 today Smile. No real plans I have a set of billboards and there inserts coming in today ( no original box but this gives me extras to fulfill my other two sets which are in sets. )
Getting anxious for tomorrow so we can finally close and get this behind us.

Need to call the V.A. in Augusta and make a appointment with them to be seen as I believe I have something going from the operation when the replaced the lead as that's the pain I'm getting I think is tied to that as it's seem to be right at the defibrillator going to my left arm. But need to get time and all for closing first don't want them to clash I've been putting up with it nor about 2 weeks I can for another week if I need to. I would rather go after the first ( payday lol ) as I could get the first purchase of flooring for the house here ( my room the smallest room) ( well what I call my room )

No real train news at present Been cleaning up stuff in here to make room in this room boy did that ever need to be done I have found a room again lol. Still have a little ways to go but it's getting there.

Hope you all have a good day talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, snowy, and freezing drizzle in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. Temperature is 28. Warming trend for the remainder of the week.

Home from son's place. He looks so much better. Had a good visit with the doctors. True test will be in late march when he has a PET scan.

No major plans for today. Papa Murphy for supper tonight.

Hope all on the east coast are doing well.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-26-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cool and cloudy this morning. Right now it's 37 and that's as warm as it's going to get for today. Temps will fall as the wind picks up. Low of 12 for tonight then in the 30s tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Picked up about an inch of snow last night and I've already gotten it shoveled. Next up is a trip to the gym and then I'll be making a pot of chili for supper.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 01-26-2016

We have a cloudy 47 this morning along the Ohio/Pennsylvania line with a chance of showers later today with a possibility of light snow tonight. I have to install a new baseboard heater and then some train watching time too.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-26-2016

Good Morning Blue
30s and windy this morning. A surprise 44 yesterday. Unusual but welcome.
Registered for York this morning, maybe the snow will be gone by then.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-27-2016

50 degrees and cloudy. No rain here as they forecasted. Back from therapy. Errands to run. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-28-2016

Morning. On the run. Chilly and partly cloudy. Forecast changed????? Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 30 headed for sunny and 38. Looks to be some nice weather for the next few days. The National Weather Service is predicting a snow storm for Monday night through Wednesday morning.

Had a very quiet day yesterday. I did manage to get some late Christmas gifts wrapped. Still have one more to wrap and then find a box to ship them. Also need to follow up with my mother-in-law. I mailed gifts to her and my father-in-law on the same day. He received his and hers has not arrived yet.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-29-2016

Wakeup gang. 34 degrees and warming fast. Into the 50's today.

Meetings, haircut [Sir. J] and meetings. Always, meetings on the pretty days.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-29-2016

Good morning, speaking of pretty days, we've been in the mid-70's for a while, just plane nice. Chilly mornings, but we can't have everything now can we? Nope There is rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday, it's gone up from 20% to 30% and now 50%, still leaving them a good deal of wiggle room in case it doesn't.

We're still sorting things out. I've got most of my train stuff together now, all still in boxes. Got one marked, "FRAGILE" that has my structures in it, and the movers put it on the bottom of a pile of heavy boxes. Yeah, it's crushed on top and I'm a bit apprehensive about what I'll find. Sorry to say, trains are not a high priority with us right now, getting things in livable order is. We spend so much time getting organized inside that we neglected to deal with the weeds outside. A point duly noted by the HOA notice we got in the mail, but only took us less than an hour to deal with. I am expecting a pat on the back from the HOA for dealing with it so quickly. 357 ... Yeah, sure, we probably ruined their day by taking care of this without further threats. HOA's have their place, just that some that run them think they're one step higher than anyone on earth and act accordingly. Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 right now. The NWS says it's supposed to be cloudy so I guess the sun is just my imagination or wishful thinking.

I've been out and about getting several things accomplished. Since I was so productive this morning I guess this afternoon is goof off time. Tomorrow's biggest project will be to change the oil on my car. I'll also make sure the snow blower is ready to go. The weather forecast indicates 5-8 inches of snow for Monday night and Tuesday with winds up to 35 mph.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 01-29-2016

Anyone up for a block pool for the Super Bowl???

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8717&p=158107#p158107">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8717&p=158107#p158107</a><!-- l -->