The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-29-2016

Evening all been a few days The DR couldn't find anything with the pain between my Defibrillator and going into my left arm but it seems to be calming down still there thou. Hopefully it will work it self completely out. not a lot happening here was like 60 here today 74 Tuesday they say. looks like a perfect day to play spray can Rembrandt. Have some roof's from prewar tinplate passenger cars I need to prime and paint. Friend bead blasted them for me. the rest of the cars even thou not perfect where not terible like the roof's were so they ought to look good when done. Hope all have a good weekend

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 27 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 40. Chances of rain/sleet/snow overnight tonight.

Only thing on the agenda for today is to change the oil on my car and check the snow blower for Tuesday's big storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-30-2016

Morning all. Cold 38 but jumping fast to mid 50's. Cub Scouts Pine Box Derby.

RT, hope all gets figured out.

Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-30-2016

Good Morning Blue
Almost 50 degrees today & tomorrow.
Of course it won't last but I'll take it.
A road trip yesterday to see a large 2 rail O scale layout. And of course a couple of hobby shops along the way.
The layout is in a grocery store size building and trains run from table top to ceiling all with hand laid track.
Still a lot of unfinished work there but worth $5.00 to see it once.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-31-2016

Wake up sleepy heads. 40 degrees and warming. Sunny out. Going to 67. Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 01-31-2016

Morning all up and wondering why lol. 43* suppose to be going to 66* today. I'll take it. May try Painting the roofs for the 607's & the 608 prewar Passenger cars today when it warms up some more. Would like to get them back on.
Need to get some yard work done here also will see how my arm is feeling will start and go from there. Still have leaves from the fall every-time we would start to get them it would either rain or they where to wet to deal with or we had DR. appointments for me or I was in the Hospital or recouping. Been a strange fall/winter that's for sure some good some not so good but in the end all turning out okay so far.

Well time to get moving hello pills and then some breakfast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 37. A blizzard watch has been posted for Monday night through Wednesday morning. It will probably be a blizzard warning by this time tomorrow. 8-12 inches of snow and winds up to 40 mph sounds pretty much like a blizzard to me.

Speaking of sleepy heads I guess I fall in to that category. Went to bed about 11:30 last night but couldn't sleep. Got back up and read until 2. Went back to bed and slept until after 8 this morning.

Nothing on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-31-2016

We just returned from a 35 day trip to Disney World in Florida. With a 5-day extension, we seem to have managed to miss any major snow, although we had rain most of the way through Ontario today. We managed to get from Corbin, Ky to Guelph in about 12 hours of travel. A little unloading.
There was one train shop visit, one club visit, and a show. Interesting layouts ar Deland.
One RV problem the last night: propane seemed to run out and the furnace stopped. The dial on the tank shows a bit under 50% while the electronic display inside only has one red light -- when we went to bed it showed 3 lights.
Note on travel: I75 in Ohio has major stretches of construction through Dayton and Toledo and parts in between. This involves narrow lanes lined with concrete barriers and sometimes single lane sections -- 2 lanes NB but separated. Otherwise, traffic ran well from Florida north.
We had a warning about the Atlanta bypass -- not to use it. We met a couple in the next site to ours who had started from the same campground that we had in the morning and arrived over an hour later. Apparently they are rebuilding it.

Anyway, that's why I haven't said much for the last month; also because I had the iPad and it doesn't retain passwords and usernames very well. I did find a piece of paper with passwords for BigBlue and RmWeb on it.
Cheers.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-01-2016

Good morning all. My how quickly things change. It's been in the mid-70's for about a week now, then the rain forecast for yesterday went from 20% up to 80% with wind for the next few days. Last night we heard a bunch of noise on the patio and found that the rain was coming down in sheets and the wind had blown a bunch of empty boxes we had there all over. Don't know the extent of the damage until it gets light, but if was wicked for a while. As for temps, they're forecasting low temps near freezing in the mornings for this week and rain through today, typical since they start the Phoenix Open today. That might be delayed a bit though since there was heavy rain delays in a San Diego tournament and many of the golfers come from there to the Phoenix Open. You know what makes me wonder though is that the last day of the Phoenix Open always falls on the day they play the Super Bowl. When the Super Bowl is played here, the have private jets stacked wingtip to wingtip at every airport around. I guess when scabs are selling tickets for over $12,000 each, these are the only folks that can afford to buy them. We don't go anywhere when these things come to town. Tickets for some of the car auctions last week were running around $75 a day, just to walk around and see the cars and maybe a celebrity or two. The same to watch the golf at the Phoenix Open, and just try to find parking at any of these events, good luck with that. Then there's those that go only to find they've bought bogus tickets on-line.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

25 headed for 31 today. As expected we are in a blizzard warning from tonight through Wed. morning. Up to 16 inches of snow and winds near 40 mph. I don't mind except for the temp. During the storm it's supposed to be about 31 which means a wet heavy snow. I'll have to go out several times otherwise the snow blower can't handle it.

Only item on the agenda for today is a visit with my financial advisor, who will tell e how much money I've lost.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-01-2016

Morning all. 50 degrees and going to 70. Crazy weather. Physical therapy, County Commissioners and Town Board. Busy today. Hope to zero some rifles tomorrow.

Tom, you going to the caucus?

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-01-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 40s today, very unusual for the middle of winter. I will take every day like this. Lovin it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RT
Construction on I-75 in Ohio never ends. It is messed up year after year. Some one has made a job career working I-75.
No train news except an outing last week to a couple hobby shops and a very large 2 rail O scale train display.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-02-2016

Well OK, Happy Tuesday Blue.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-02-2016

Well, not only is is a Happy Tuesday, but a very Happy Groundhog Day.... Yup, no shadow, no long winter according to the legend. They are saying though that the groundhog at Gobbler's Knob is less than 50% accurate, about the same as guessing or flipping a coin. So be it, spring will come when it gets here, no sooner, no later....

Speaking of the weather, been really chilly here for us. Lots of snow up north, around 24" so far this week at the Snow Bowl outside of Flagstaff and about 1/4" of rain around the Phoenix area. Tops today should be in the high 50's, low tomorrow in the mid-30's. Still, I see some people (probably from Wisconsin) walking around in shorts Crazy while we're bundled up in jackets and sweaters. Have no fear, we'll be back in the 70's by this weekend. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-04-2016

Good morning all, where the heck is everyone?????? Kinda echoy in here. Me, I'm still busy getting settled, got boxes and boxes marked, "train room" and even more marked "tools-garage". The tools I need to unpack so I can get other stuff done. The train room is going to have to take a back seat for now, although I am anxious to find out what kind of damage has been done to my structures that are in that box that the movers crushed. Curse

Spent Groundhog Day watching... of course, "Groundhog Day" that night. Funny movie, just lots of inconsistencies. Since everyone else can only remember the last day, a lot of the plot activities would be forgotten by everyone but him. Still, good to watch once a year. Someone on the TV mentioned that they calculated he spent some 8 years, 8 months and a few days repeating the one day, I have no idea how they come to that conclusion.... I'll see if I can find something (when I have time and can remember that is), I'm curious now....

Oh, temps starting to warm up, we were still in the high-50's yesterday, but will be in the mid-70's by the weekend, and into the 80's by next week.

Edit:, just a quick Google and I find that one person figures that he spent, 8 years, 8 months and 16 days there, while another figured close to 34 years. Both figured that he spent all that time learning not only French but how to play the piano, ice sculpturing and all the other things he did. One flaw in their thinking though is that he did each of those things serially. He could have done them at the same time and therefore cut his time down stuck in Groundhog Day to maybe only two or three years. For those of you that haven't seen the movie, he spends the same day over and over and he learns these things as he goes along, trying to win over the girl of his dreams.