The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-04-2016

Morning. Been busy. Seems physical therapy has helped my hip. Was horrible yesterday when I went in. Therapist did some new exercises and it quit hurting. Not so good this AM. Did some of the exercises myself. Seems to help.

Raining a lot. 2.37 inches. Need to check this new weather station [replace by warranty] with the gauge on the post near it. TV folks are not reporting that much rain. We did have some super pour downs. Thundered. Snow in 10 days or less.

Couple of meetings later this AM.

All have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-04-2016

Chief Eagles Wrote:Snow in 10 days or less.

All have a good one.
Chief:
If you need anything else... Just ask and we'll send it down to you. Big Grin Big Grin

Snohio is going just to our South this time. It's our reward for the 24+ inches we just got rid of through melting Wallbang
This time we get to watch others struggle.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-04-2016

Up here in Northeastern Illinois.....about two thirds the distance from Chicago to the Wisconsin boarder...... in "Beautiful Downtown Vernon Hills" We had some "Thunder-sleet / rain" Most of the last snowfall is gone now, all that is left are the piles left by the plows, and all the water from the most recent rain is ice. The Sun is shining brightly, and the sky is clear Blue.
By the time I finish posting this, it will probably turn into the worst winter storm, but for now ?, for February in the Midwest ?
I can't complain too loudly. We've had far worse.
Standing rigging is done, on the tern's main, and mizzen masts. I plan on getting the foremast done this afternoon.
Then........
Pictures, in the "My Tern" thread, before I start the running rigging.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-04-2016

Evening all. Not a lot going on here today went to Augusta V.A. for a appointment have another in 3 weeks checking the area of my Defibrillator as it got a little red and tender about 3 weeks ago so were watching it now. Bought and got a Southern remake of Lionel 2356 A-B-A F-3's With TMCC and Railsounds from 2000 but looks like maybe tested and put back into box.
Hope all had a good day talk toyou all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-04-2016

When we got home on Sunday we had to park the Motor Home so that the door lined up with our plowed driveway because of the piles and lumps along the side of the street. To day there is one modest lump out on the grass. (it's been like that for a couple of days!) The big parking lots still have large mounds of frozen snow.

I like Rapido's ad in the March MR.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-05-2016

Morning crew. 38 degrees [yesterday was 60]. Cloudy but clearing. Off to a meeting.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-05-2016

A-a-a-and I'm back!

Greetings, gang.

My modem died Monday night just as the blizzard hit. I've been with out until today.

As mentioned, Monday night the blizzard started and and by the time it was over on Wednesday morning we had over 10 inches of snow and winds of 40+ mph. Ran the snow blower several times to keep up with the snow. On the third pass one of the shear bolts on half the auger sheared. Took me a couple minutes to figure it out but was an easy fix.

Not much else to report. Lots of e-mail, etc. to catch up on.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-06-2016

Well it's official now I will be going to York, PA. in April for the Eastern division TCA Train show. 2285_ Morning all. Up again early but will end up going back to bed in a couple of hours. I wake up then can't go back to sleep for a while. 30* out there right now but suppose to get up to a big 53* today but Mon,Tues,&Wed we have to watch it as our low's will be in the mid/upper 20's
To early to figure out what today will bring know I want to get some wash done ( some older quilts and stuff like that ) so I can get it folded and properly stored. Going to give some of it to Good will I think as we have to much. may keep for June yard sale then Good Will the rest.
Well think it's time to see what else is going on. talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-06-2016

Good Morning Blue
Just checkin in.
Sun and 40 today. I'm lovin it.
No toy train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a very foggy Saturday. Visibility is about 1/4 mile and the temperature is 27 with a predicted high in the low 30s for today and tomorrow. Shortly after my post yesterday afternoon the NWS issued a blizzard watch for tomorrow afternoon through Monday morning. Not much snow but lots of high wind - 40+ mph.

The fog cut into my plans for today. I just got back from Walmart and was going to head down to Kidman Tree Farm (g scale dealer). Due to the fog I'll be delaying that trip until this afternoon. Plan is to pick up a building kit or two for the back yard. It should give me something to do wile I wait for the commercials during the super bowl.

SJ - jealous of your warm weather. My in-laws live in that area and are always bragging about how mild their winter has been.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-07-2016

Good morning all. Been really nice around here too these past few days. Went to the store yesterday and there was a woman dressed like she was heading to the beach. Crazy people walking around in flip-flops, shorts and tank tops. She was wearing a beach hat to boot. Crazy

Well, this nice weather (heading into the 80's by tomorrow) has brought a record 201,000 people to the third round of the Phoenix Open. Now that's got to be crazy, more crowded than the platform at a NYC subway station during morning rush.... I remember a few years ago driving by there and could see literally, hundreds of Port-o-potties lined up side-by-side around the inside of the fence area. I guess the 16th hole is the most popular, that's where they have all the party things, tables, chairs, food, drink and of course, a passel more Port-o-potties. They say that attendance will be down some today, something about some other game being played, football I think they said... Icon_lol

My plans for today.... install the new dishwasher that we picked up from Best Buy yesterday. We got a really good deal on it, just that they didn't tell us that it was on backorder and we had to wait over three weeks for it to show up. Well, it's here and time to figure out how to get the old one out first. Let's hope that it's easy. Worship

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-07-2016

Good morning all hope your having a good weekend. 37* when I got up 54* for a hi today so winter has set in here for a few weeks then it should be over. Not complaining just commenting , we will have highs in the upper 30's for most of the week and lows in mid to upper 20's. No real news from here hope all doing well talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-07-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 36 outside my window this morning. That will change as the day progresses. The wind is supposed to kick up to about 40 mph and the snow will be falling. Only an inch or two of snow but because of the high winds the NWS has issued a blizzard warning for this evening through tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I picked up a couple of buildings for the Backyard & Southern. I'll be working on those during the game this afternoon. This morning I'm going to start a pot of chili. Always tastes better when there's a good storm outside.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-07-2016

Morning all. 38 degrees and a little sleet. Was not suppose to get to us. Stay east. Suppose to be gone mid afternoon. Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-07-2016

Good Morning Blue
Yes Tom S.E. Michigan has had a very mild winter. ( last February overnight temps were below zero)Today will be 40 degrees but gradually going down till the Hi for Saturday will be 20. I haven't said much till now because I don't want to spoil our good luck.
A chat session with some club members yesterday turned into a nice afternoon visit.
S.J.