The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-08-2016

Morning all.
No plans for today may attack this corner have a 6' x 4' x 18" wired metal shelving unit that i need to break down to 3' x 4' by 18" that's going to stay but under the train table so yes the train table will be at least 38" off the ground.
oh well no time like the present to get started I guess before she tries to move back in. Hope all have a good Monday

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-08-2016

Greetings, gang.

Blizzard conditions outside my window this morning. Winds up to 40 mph, snow, and 14 degrees. Not a pleasant day.

Watched the game yesterday. Actually a halfway decent game. On tap for today is a trip to the store and maybe a trip to the gym.

Speaking of out the window the Iowa DOT has a new web site where you can see what the snow plows are seeing. Apparently the have dash cams in some of the snow plows. Really a cool idea. Here's the link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://iowadot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=3d5bc4ec8c474870a19c7e8f44b39c9c">http://iowadot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web ... 8f44b39c9c</a><!-- m -->

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-08-2016

Morning. Chilly and sunny. Going to 50 and then RAIN. Wallbang Got PT this AM. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-09-2016

Good morning all. Well, we have the Super Bowl and the Phoenix Open behind us for this year. I kind of missed most of that since we were busy installing that new dishwasher. I did catch a few minutes of both when we'd take a break, and at our age, there were quite a few. One thing that gets me is after reading the installation instructions, we proceeded to follow them, not that they were difficult, but I just wanted to be sure we didn't miss anything. When it came to hooking up the water line, the instructions said to connect the 3/8" to 3/4" right-angle adapter, but there was none. Oh, that part is not included and can be ordered by calling Whirlpool's 800#. Curse A trip to Home Depot and the plumbing guy knew just what I needed. Seems as if just about all manufacturers are pulling the same stunt. Apparently they don't make a dishwasher hose with anything but 3/8" compression fitting, making it necessary to purchase the adapter. Back to the installation, attach the wire strain relief, yeah, the one that's also not included. Curse Curse Fortunately, I had one, saving me yet another trip to the store. My point is, if these parts are "required", then why not include them, or better yet, use water and electrical fittings that don't require extra parts?

OK, the old dishwasher is out, the new one is in and working, Applause it just took a lot longer and I'm a lot more sore than I would have been had I done this 20 years ago. Crazy One big plus, not one drop of blood was shed during this whole procedure.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-09-2016

Morning all, 37* going to a big 41*. Just doing the figuring out of a few things. Have some repairs I need to get done with the truck that are going to cost $$ but things I will need to do. Well need to make some phone calls and get a package out to the mail box and a few other things talk to you all later have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-09-2016

Morning. 45 degrees and mostly sunny. Suppose to have flurries???????? Had meetings all morning. Meeting this afternoon. Ran trains for some folks this AM when I got back from meeting. That was after meeting here at the house.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-09-2016

Evening all. Been a cold day today and even had snow flurries this evening. Didn't amount to anything but we saw them lol. They claim it got up to 40 but ti's suppose to get down to 25 tonight and rest of the week isn't suppose to be any better on the low's and the highs I think the best we see is like 51. No big news around here. Hope all had a good day and kept warm and for EZ kept cool and comfortable.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-10-2016

Good morning everyone, today is the first day of Lent, Ash Wednesday, and yes, we missed the Mardi Gras again this year. And no, we didn't make any effort since it snuck up on us.

Yeah, the car heater is on in the morning, and the A/C is on later in the day. Yesterday was a record-breaking 86, and we're in store for more through next week. It's hard to believe that last week's highs in the 50's are this week's lows. But things like this happen out in the desert, even though it's hard to find the desert anymore.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-10-2016

Morning. Sunny and cold. 25 degrees. Maybe flurries this afternoon. Off to meetings and a lunch.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-10-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's snowing outside my window this morning with the temperature at 10 degrees. That's about as warm as it's going to be for the next few days. We're only supposed to get about a half inch of the fluffy white today.

Not much going on around here. Talked to one of my sons last night. He's in Jakarta until Friday when he heads back home. He's been there for about a week and a half already.

Today I need to call the plumber back. He was out last Wednesday and apparently didn't fix the problem. The sanitary sewer is running very slowly again this morning.

RT - you said the other day that winter had arrived for you. I guess the snow is part of that. Big Grin

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-10-2016

Yeah snow doesn't bother me I grew up in it. But what bothers me is driving in it because these folks have no idea in the world how to drive in it. They have a hard time driving in the rain let alone snow. I can drive a full size 2 wheel pick-up in 8" of snow better than they can drive in 1" of snow or better yet rain.
Anyway it was 28* when I got up today it's 32* now going up to a big 38* lol. Walked to the bank this morning felt good in the coll brisk air. ( wife would of been a Popsicle before we got to the bank ) She wanted to go I told her to stay in bed.
No big plans for today need to get working on the space for the layout but don't have the wood for the frame and not going anywhere close to where it is available. I also really need to do the floor in here first and that's not until after York so I just have to live with it the way it is until then. Hope all having a good day and staying warm except EZDAYS he needs to be keeping cool

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2016

Morning. Sunny and COLD. Got a cold again. Calling Dr. Taking the crew to the Vet for annual checkup and shots. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine and 1 degree outside my window this morning. Clouds and snow will move in this afternoon. Could have a couple more inches on the ground by tomorrow.

Plumber showed up about 10:30 yesterday. He would have been here earlier but someone was complaining about no heat. The whiner! Had planned on going to Walmart to pick up a few supplies this morning but tried something different. I went about 9:00 last night. The amount of traffic and the number of checkouts open was the same as early morning. The only difference was that I didn't buy a donut, which is my usual reward for having to go there. Also much prettier girls than what I see in the morning.

Today I'm going to the gym and maybe to Menards to pick up some more shear bolts for the snow blower.

Speaking of snow. Has anyone been to White Sands, New Mexico? We were there several years ago. The logical part of your brain tells you it's just a dirt road but your reflexes tell you it's snow. I had a nice lineup of traffic behind me because I wasn't driving fast enough.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-11-2016

Hello Blue
We have about 1 inch of snow on the ground but more expected tomorrow.
I have been away for a few days so no train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-11-2016

Evening all. No big news around here today. Nothing train wise anyway. Started to figure what I needed to get the frame work for my layout then realize I'm getting ahead of myself again. Need to put new flooring in first. ( I keep wanting to move forward ) Hope all had a good day there calling for possible sleet here tomorrow.