The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-11-2016

I managed a trip to the wood store and bought a sheey of hardboard/masonite for a control panel. Only needed 8"x26", but next size up was 24"x48". (This is to fit framing from previous control panel). Actually cut it out today. Now have to plan layout of panel.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2016

Morning. 27 degrees and chance of snow flurries. Off to Charlotte Bass Pro for weekend. Chat later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's sunny and 16 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning and that's as warm as it's going to get. Temps will be falling throughout the day, reaching to about 6 by late this afternoon. A cold weekend in store for me but the NWS promises warmer weather for next week.

No major activities planned for today - or for the rest of the weekend for that matter.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

Just got some wonderful news and had to share. My son just called and he is eating. He's maintaining his weight without the feeding tube. If he can do that for another week they will remove the feeding tube. Recovery is going well. Next major hurdle is a PET scan at the end of March.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. You have no idea how much it has meant to me.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-12-2016

Tom, that is fabulous news. I will keep him in my prayers.
Charlie.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2016

Good morning all. I kind of shudder when I see how much snow some people are getting right now. According to the weather people on TV, we have this giant high pressure system sitting on top of us keeping us at record highs all over the state. Last week, Flagstaff and other areas in the northern part of Arizona had lots of new snow and even temps below zero. Yesterday, Flagstaff had a record-setting 63 and we had a record 87 in the Phoenix area. They're saying that this heat wave will last through this coming week, with potentially more records being broken. Crazy I hope that this will mean that we'll have a mild summer, but I doubt it.

Not much of anything new to talk about except the weather, we're still unpacking boxes and wondering why we kept everything we did. Yup, we've got more stuff ready to give to the Vets or Goodwill, depending on how big the pile is. The Vets come by and pick up about every six weeks or so, we have to drop the stuff off to Goodwill. The way that they're expanding though, I just wonder if they don't have more donations than the need right now and some other charities could use them more than they can. There are donation boxes all over the place, and it turns out that a lot of them are for stores that sell the stuff and keep the profits, or most of it. They may mention some organization on their donation box, but they have no affiliation with any charities, they just hope you're not paying attention and don't read the fine print when you drop your stuff off. Curse Just like some of those people that are holding signs on street corners, wanting you to give them money, then later on hop into their BMW and drive home to their plush condo.... It's a pity when you don't know who to trust and you're not sure if your donations are going to a good cause or not. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and -2 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 11. Temperatures will remain at about 11 overnight while it snows. NWS is predicting up to about 5 inches. Then a warming trend starts tomorrow. Highs by this time next week are predicted to be near 40, which is quite warm for this time of year.

Only major activity for today is to pick up a loaf of bread. All other groceries are stocked up for the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-13-2016

The Weather in Daytona is in the 60's now. I wish I was there!!! It's 21 here in the heart of the PRR Country and the wind chill is 10. BRR doesn't even come close.......

Tomorrow at this time it's going to be 2 and the wind chill -10 to -20.... That's just no fun at all!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 02-13-2016

ngauger Wrote:Tomorrow at this time it's going to be 2 and the wind chill -10 to -20.... That's just no fun at all!!!!

Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted Whenever we have " cool " Wink weather here in "Chicago-land", we love to "pass it on" to the folks back east. Icon_twisted Wink Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

16 and snowy this morning. We have about 2-3 inches on the ground with another round rapidly approaching. Once that passes I can get the sidewalks cleaned. 16 now headed for 28. Forecasters have upped their game for the week. Now predicting a high of 46 by Friday. It remains to be seen whether it actually will.

Only activity for today is to clean the sidewalks. Youngest grandson is in Fargo, ND, for another hockey tournament. They are 2-2 so far. The first two games (losses) determined which category they are in. The two games yesterday (wins) set them up for the championship game today at 11:45.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-14-2016

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun and 9 degrees. Close to zero overnight.
Looks like the last of that cold temp. Starting tomorrow, 30s, even some 40s.
Due to a health issue my train activity has been by phone so no news from here.
Just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-14-2016

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Just got some wonderful news and had to share. My son just called and he is eating. He's maintaining his weight without the feeding tube. If he can do that for another week they will remove the feeding tube. Recovery is going well. Next major hurdle is a PET scan at the end of March.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. You have no idea how much it has meant to me.

Tom
2285_ Waveof7 That is great news Glad to hear it.
Morning all the computer says 28* my truck says 32* either way think it's the last below freezing night this year. There calling for above freezing for rest of the month for lows and 60* and above for highs Smile .
no train news for today will make breakfast for my sweetheart in a little when she gets up or I get real hungry and get her up. No other plans for today. Hope you all take care of your Valentine today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-14-2016

We were down to see my sister-in-law today -- in hospital. On Thursday she was putting the garbage out and fell, probably on ice. She shattered her kneecap and smacked her head (probably on a step) and had more bruises and whatnot all down her body.
She has one leg in a brace all the way up (or as far up as she'd show us). She has a magnificent shiner on one eye and the leg of her glasses is bent into an interesting shape.
She's bearing up well for 81 and isn;t worried about how she'll manage when she gets home.

So those of you who are getting on -- be careful!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-15-2016

Morning all
David Prayers for your sister in law that she recovers well and fast even thou it don't sound like it will be fast to me especially at her age.
Hope all are doing well and staying warm and dry. cool and dry for Easy Thumbsup No big news here getting anxious for April 13th ( York ,PA train show ) Never been so it's about time. Well time to make some breakfast you all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 02-15-2016

Prayers to everyone that need them. Smile

Waiting for the snow to begin here on the East Coast. Shoot Curse Curse

Changing to ice storms and then rain later tonight, so maybe the snow from the last storm will be gone by tomorrow evening. Seems like 2016 is picking up right where 2015 left off with people having medical issues and just lots of drama happening. Muddling through the maelstrom as always Big Grin