The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2016

Morning. Freezing rain but mainly highways and streets. Due to ground being frozen for a period of time. Suppose to warm throughout the day and night. Suppose to be mid 60's or higher by Saturday.

Trip to Charlotte Bass Pro was so so. Fine as they paid me to go. Funny. Hip did not hurt the whole time.

Prayers for Tom's son and David's Sister-in-law.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-15-2016

Good morning all, I agree, prayers for everyone that is in need. Growing old sucks sometimes. Yeah, we can get 10 or 15% discounts, just that sometimes you don't have the wherewithal to get there.

Cold snap here in the desert, it only got to 82 yesterday. Fear not, they were saying something about hitting 90 this coming weekend. :o That beats the record by 5° on that day while you all back east are fighting sub-freezing temps. 2285_ Sorry folks, that's just reporting the facts. We don't make the weather, just talk about it. Oh, I'm sure there'll be a bunch of visitors heading this way that normally would have stayed home, especially since Spring Training games start in about two weeks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 this morning with a predicted high only 2 degrees warmer. Slightly cooler for tomorrow but a big warmup predicted for the weekend with temps near 50.

Not a lot to report. Only items on the agenda will be searches for food, starting right now.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-16-2016

Morning. From freezing rain and sleet to rains and 54 degrees in hours. Crazy weather. Not much until Town Board tonight. Glad for that.

Hope all are doing OK. Remembering Tom's son, David's SIL and DAZ.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-16-2016

Good morning everyone, I think my theory on there being a finite amount of heat surrounding our world is proving itself... We have record cold temps in the east, while we here in the west are having record heat. See, that's how it works, for every degree of cold in Philly, we can count on another degree of heat here in the Phoenix area. Icon_lol Well, you don't have to agree with that right now, it appears that it's taken a very long time to prove that Einstein was right, and they did just that this past week, so you will see, in fifty years someone will prove my heat distribution theory to be true. Applause Applause

The bottom line is that we've had four days of record high temps and today or tomorrow, the temps in Phoenix will break 90°. That will be the earliest 90-degree temp here in recorded history. The earliest 90-degree day up to now is Feb 27, the latest is sometime in May. Yes, it's a big deal, even for here. I do not envy you folks fighting the ice and snow. Nope I wish you the best.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-16-2016

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone, I think my theory on there being a finite amount of heat surrounding our world is proving itself... We have record cold temps in the east, while we here in the west are having record heat. See, that's how it works, for every degree of cold in Philly, we can count on another degree of heat here in the Phoenix area. Icon_lol Well, you don't have to agree with that right now, it appears that it's taken a very long time to prove that Einstein was right, and they did just that this past week, so you will see, in fifty years someone will prove my heat distribution theory to be true. Applause Applause

The bottom line is that we've had four days of record high temps and today or tomorrow, the temps in Phoenix will break 90°. That will be the earliest 90-degree temp here in recorded history. The earliest 90-degree day up to now is Feb 27, the latest is sometime in May. Yes, it's a big deal, even for here. I do not envy you folks fighting the ice and snow. Nope I wish you the best.

Okay then why in July and August your in 120+ and we are in 90 - 100+ temps where did the extra heat come from other than politicians mouths ( sorry Chief did mean to include you in that ) Afternoon all not much happening one of our cats got out and we haven't seen a trace I'm afraid he is gone as he went out I started to get him and a car went by the house and it spooked him and he went like a scared rabbit that was it I never saw him again didn't even see which way really he went around the garage and he was gone. like he disappeared. It shocked me he even went out the door as he never shown a sign of any interest of the outside.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2016

rtraincollector Wrote:Okay then why in July and August your in 120+ and we are in 90 - 100+ temps where did the extra heat come from other than politicians mouths ( sorry Chief did mean to include you in that )...

Oh, that's easy, it comes from places like Australia and other places south of the equator. Remember, they're freezing while we're sweating. Wink

Good morning all. Speaking of the heat, we did have a record 87 yesterday, but did not reach the predicted 90. Today's forecast calls for 91 in Phoenix, so if that happens, it will break two records, the high for that day and the earliest every to break 90.

Still trying to put our stamp on our new house. We now have knobs on all our kitchen and bath cabinets and drawers. Some people like the clean appearance of no hardware, but I hate fussing with trying to open doors and drawers without something to pull on. Got a light fixture to change out today and then back to working on the garage. I'm getting tired of opening boxes looking for stuff I know I have, like tools and hardware or paint.... So far we've been lucky and not have to buy something I know is packed away... We do not need more stuff. Yeah, the back of the van has stuff heading to Goodwill, probably our tenth trip there, and probably not the last one either. Some stuff we've had for over 50 years and can't remember the last time we used it. Nope

Thanks Chief, my wife is still struggling, each day is a challenge, but we're thankful that she can function as well as she does.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 27 with a high of 32 for today. Warming starts tomorrow.

This keyboard keeps putting extra/wrong letters in the words I type. Has nothing to do with the size of my fingers, I'm sure. 35

Had a surprise visit yesterday afternoon from my oldest daughter and one of her sons. Then her husband dropped in after work. Nice break from the emptiness around here.

Found out yesterday that I need to spend more time at the gym. It used to be no problem to go 30 minutes on the elliptical machines. Yesterday I was pooped after 20 minutes and had to quit.

Nothing major on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-17-2016

Good Morning Blue
Some sun @ 30 degrees.
We all live where we live for our own reasons.
No train news, still waiting for the Cellulitis to clear up on my face. 99.9 percent sure it was from a disposable razor.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-17-2016

Not much going on here today. Took our walk today little over an hour felt good to me. I have given up on charlie ( the cat coming back if they get lost they won't be able to find there way home) And the way he took off when he got spooked no telling how far he went before he stopped. Can't get my Blood sugar down it's not out of this world but it is high so looks like I will be going onto Insulin which I really do not want to but I'm facing the facts. Can't get it below 200 it should be below 140 when I get up in the morning and below 180 2 hrs after eating I'm like 205 first thing in the morning and about 220 2 hours after eating so need to get that down. Sad

Not much else going on here hope all had a good day talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-18-2016

About 2:30 am and 15 minutes of coaching Donna got Charlie the cat to come to her and he is back home my prayers have been answered thank-you

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-18-2016

Morning all. Cloudy but suppose to be sunny???? Warming after a cool morning. Yesterday was a meetings zoo.
One meeting this AM and then errands. Tonight, speak to an elementary school on career day.
Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-18-2016

My Blood sugar has been running high also not sure if the stress was part of it or not but its was close this am so maybe it helped him coming home last night we will see as don't want to go on insulin. I'm watching what I eat now but couldn't get it below 200 should be 140 or below when first get up and 180 or below 2 hours after eating it was 142 this am first time in who knows when I started really paying attention and walking this week so a combination may be helping.

Other than all that not much else has been going on. Hope all have a good day talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2016

Good morning all. it's cooling down a bit here, but still well above average temps. Yes, we did reach 90 the other day and set a record for the earliest we've hit 90 in recorded history. We will remain in the 80's for at least the next 10 days, I hope this isn't a sign of a very hot summer though. We're getting old enough that the heat isn't as easy to take as it was years ago. I don't know what we're going to do, we don't like living in the snow and cold, and the heat is beginning to bother us. We may have to become nomads and wonder the earth looking for that ideal spot to settle down. 357

Got in some exercise yesterday, we went shopping at Costco. We should bring a pedometer with us, but I'm sure we walked a good mile up and down all the isles and then the long walk back to our car that's parked out in the boonies. Don't know which is worse, going to Costco or IKEA. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and very windy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 41 headed for a high of 54, about 25 degrees above normal. Temperature won't go below freezing again until sometime Sunday night/Monday morning. Lots of snow melt. Wind is 25 gusting to 40 with gusts expected to hit 50 mph later this morning.

I got off to a good start yesterday morning. Went to Menards and Walmart. Put that stuff away and planned to go to the gym when a mob of lazies broke in and tied me to my chair for the remainder of the day. I did manage to finish assembling the new buildings for the outdoor train. Not too difficult. They are Piko kits and go together quite easily. Also got the last of the Christmas gifts mailed.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and I may take myself out to dinner tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom