The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-19-2016

Morning all
Tom I hope there Christmas presents for Christmas 2016 not 2015. two days in a row I checked Blood Sugar level before meds and again it was real close to where it should be so I now know weather the DR will agree /admit it or not it is the cause of it and no matter what I do unless we change the meds it's not going to work. I'm also not going to become a pin cushion because of other meds it has never made sense to me to take meds to counter react another med. I did some checking ant there is 2 meds I recently started that can be the cause of it. 1 or both.
Sold a couple of items on the bay one last night and one this am ( a best offer ) Not much $$ but some so I'm happy both got what my bottom line was or a little over so I'm happy.
Hope all have a good day talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-20-2016

Morning. sunny and 55 degrees. Got a lunch with former intern and her boyfriend. Must be serious.

Tom, I have the same problem with my keyboard. Also, not hitting the space bar hard enough and have a real long word.

Had an early and long day work session with Town Board and staff on future budget needs and expansion.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-20-2016

Good Morning Blue
61 degrees yesterday but the wind howled way into the night. Not much sleep till after 2am.
Sun and 50s today.
A welcome sight in the back yard this morning...Our First ROBIN.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-20-2016

No real big news today still working on straightening/cleaning the garage up. My Blood Sugar levels are starting to get back where they should be by stopping two meds I have been put on since moving here to the Augusta, GA region V.A. Think I have found the problem. Did some research one admits it the other tells you to check your BS often if Diabetic well gee wonder why lol. Guess time to get back out to the garage hope all have a good weekend going up to 66* today they say we will see as yesterday got warmer then they said

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 39 headed for sunny and 50. Not nearly as windy as yesterday as winds hit over 40 mph. Never got as warm as it was supposed to. Only 50 instead of predicted 57.

After they gym yesterday I stopped at the grocery store and decided since it was supposed to be so warm yesterday I'd get some picnic food for a porch picnic. Picked up some brats and buns. Then yesterday afternoon some friends called and invited me to dinner. While at dinner I got an invite from a local train buddy who invited me over to see what he's been up to. Fun evening.

Only major activity for today is laundry.

RT - they were 2015 Christmas gifts. I still have more to hand out. Maybe this weekend will see the end of Christmas 2015.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-21-2016

Tom kinda figured that, meant it more as a josh than anything else.
Morning all fell asleep early now awake and can't go back to sleep so up for a bit. Items are selling slowly a few here and a few there but thats about it on Ebay. But thats fine not trying to become a millionaire off of my sales anytime soon anyway Goldth Got a whistle and relay in for my 2671 Tender yesterday so need to put that back together and see how it sounds. That will be a good fix I have the original shell but it's seen better days and I also have a repo which I can put on it not sure which I will use. two ways to go on it 1 keep it original 2 make it look like new oh well it's for me so guess I will figure that out in time probably put the original on for now. It will go with my 736 that is being worked on by a friend at present.

Not much else going on here tonight will talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

We've already received over an inch of "less than half an inch" of snow and it's still snowing. Gotta love the national Weather Service. 32 headed for 40 so what we have won't stick around very long.

The final celebration of Christmas 2015 will be held this afternoon at my oldest daughter's house. Then it's time to start planning for Christmas 2016.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 headed for cloudy and 38. Flash flood warning posted due to an ice jam on the river.

Had dinner with oldest daughter and part of her family last night. Ham, potatoes and gravy, broccoli, and blueberry pie for dessert. Yummy. Met oldest grandson's latest girlfriend. Very pretty young widow with two small boys. Lost her husband last year in a grain bin accident. Seems like a very nice woman with a good head on her shoulders. Some concerns though that she might be rushing things. Grandson is very good with children and she may just be looking for a new father figure for the boys.

Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-22-2016

Morning. Cloudy and chance of light showers off and on. 54 degrees which will be the high today. Off to PT and then meeting on feeding kids and food pantries.

Tom, best of luck on Grandson's GF. Young folks need to move on and glad she is. Lots of good life left for her to live. Also, her sons will need good male guidance.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-23-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and30s today. Rain and snow expected tomorrow into Thursday.
It doesn't bother me now as March is close so the snow won't lay on the ground for 6 weeks.
Having a problem finding O scale NYC engine decals, no one seems to have any that aren't 10 years old.
This is an on the cheap project so I'm not paying for custom made ones. And no I have no way to make my own.
I have some old Champ I will try and use.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-23-2016

Where is everyone????? Only one Yank posted this late. Wow. I slept late, cooked stuffed sausage biscuits and sat a watched DVR'd stuff. Got a call from local monument company. Lady wanted to dump some old and scrap monuments on the pond property. Plenty already there as owned by the former owners of the company. They have been having to pay for dumping the stone. Why pay when that place is solid rock. AH Grandson in-law dumped big chunks of concrete driveway on it right near the entrance. Doing a good deed for the day. Now back to DVR'd shows.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-23-2016

Afternoon all. See we heard from the rebel yell. Not a lot going on here. Just taking it easy. Been bringing in boxes from when we moved ( wife is just now ready to go thru them) I say yeah More stuff for yard sale come March. First decent weekend and it happens. As long as I can get a decent weather day or two I can have a good yard/garage sale
Hope all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-24-2016

Good morning all. Not much to talk about, temps are back down into the 70's for a few days, but back up again, well over normal for this time of the year. It's been fairly windy too.

Got some pegboard up and doing wiring in the garage. Soon I'll be able to unpack my tools and put them where I know they are. After that, we still have a lot of stuff in boxes that just might have to stay there. I think we've unpacked everything we need, or have room for. I think if we haven't used something for ten years, we shouldn't have to keep it. I see more trips to Goodwill in our future.

One thing that bothers me, I had to use 1/4" pegboard since that's the only size that Home Depot carries anymore. I've got a box full of 1/8" hooks that aren't going to work anymore. Oh, I can buy more 1/8" hooks at Home Depot (supposedly good for 1/4" use, just don't complain when they fall out of the hole Nope ), I just wish they carried that size pegboard as well. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-24-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s. The NWS is claiming mid 50s for Saturday. They said that last weekend and it never made it past 50.

Went to the doctor yesterday for a skin irritation. Nothing major, just irritating.

No major plans for the rest of this week other than daily trips to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-24-2016

Sold an engine last night on the bay and when it ended it was about double what I thought it was worth. Smile now if a few more would do that it would pay for my Plumbing bill of the other day and I would be back to where I thought I should get out of these items. 8D Yeah like that is going to happen. Oh well nice wish lol.

I'm going to have to have him come back out in the future ( after York ) and need to put a new floor in under the toilet. and new toilet flange ( present one is cast iron piping ) the old one will need to be broke off and then a PVC one put on with proper ( I can't think what you call it and I use to do this ) Clamp .

The hardest part is breaking the cast semi-strait line across and he has the tool to do so I don't

Train wise no real plans today may look into putting some shelves up to display more Trains ( need to do this keep putting it off) Will be easier now than when the Train table gets put in place.

Hope all having a good day you all in the line of the storm take cover it appears we are going to get some from it but not as bad as they first thought. Doesn't look like we will even be under a tornado watch as they thought we would be.

Today - Windy...isolated thunderstorms this morning, then partly cloudy during the afternoon hours. High 68 °F (20.0 °C). Winds SW at 25 to 35 mph (40.2 to 56.3 kph). Chance of rain 30%.

Don it sounds like yard sale time to me lol then Good will with what doesn't sell.

Talk to you all later.