The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 02-28-2016

Morning all. 34* and going up to 68* today I can live with that. Looks like I'm going to need a new roof. Curse Not much more going on here, Plan to go up into the attic to look for the first time since buying this place in January. I basically knew I was going to need a roof but felt it could hold off some but insurance company wants a new one to keep policy in place.
Not much else going on may try and get on garage roof to get some branches and stuff off of it ( small branches) Hope all have a good day talk to you all later. Hang in there Chief

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-28-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 50s today.
Looking forward to march 1st, means we survived another winter.
This was a very mild one for our area and I am quite grateful for that.
No train news, a few laps now and then to keep the rails shiny is about it.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-28-2016

Morning all. Cold gotten worse. Well, freezing one days or two. Then hot for a few. No wonder. 58 degrees and rising with sun.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-28-2016

Hey there, busy weekend. A few of my old (yes, long time old friends and getting older each time we get together :o ) poker buddies showed up. We haven't been together in five years because of illnesses, but we did manage to go out target shooting yesterday. I'm still limited with my time alone and don't see that changing anytime soon, but my son gave me a break and took my wife to a local zoo along with our granddaughters while we were out shooting, so it was a good weekend for us all. No poker, just shooting, dinner and breakfasts, but that was enough. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 37 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to 45. Possibly 1-3 inches of snow tonight and colder tomorrow. Then warming up again for the rest of the week.

Had a quiet day yesterday. did some housekeeping chores and watch some movies. Grandson's team won its third straight championship over the weekend. Played some really nasty teams. Grandson had a minor injury but recovered quickly. Later he was involved in a incident in which he thought he had seriously injured another player who had to be taken to the hospital on a backboard. Grandson took it very hard. Video later confirmed that he had no part in the injury to the other player. I am curious to see how he reacts long term to the roughness of the sport.

Don - glad to see you had a good day. Getting out for a few hours always refreshed me while I was taking care of my wife.

Frank - hope you're doing ok. At your (advanced Big Grin ) age colds can be a problem.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2016

Good morning all. We just went through the hottest February in recorded history. I guess their records don't go back to the stone ages, or even medieval times, but we had some 20 days over 80, and we also broke quite a few other records. It was nice compared to what others are going through, but I hope it's not an indication of things to come later this summer.

We're still unpacking, yup, three months after moving in, we still have a bunch of boxes to go. Right now I'm concentrating on getting my tools unpacked, not sure what I'll do with them once they're out, but at least I'll know where they are if I need any of them. I'm really backing off on some stuff I wanted to do with the house once we get settled. Some of it seems like a lot of work for the return we get for it. Some things are strictly cosmetic and other fall in the "I'd like to have" category. I think we've done everything in the "we need" group, so anything else is simply icing on the cake. We'll leave some stuff packed though, including some of my model stuff. One thing I will unpack soon is the box with my structures in it. It was crushed and so I don't know how much damage was done. Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 18 degrees. Picked up about 4" of snow overnight. Sidewalks have been cleaned.

Nothing happened around here yesterday. Today I have a bereavement group at 10. The rest of the day will be spent goofing off.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-01-2016

Morning all. 71 degrees out now. Off to Dr. over bad cold [probably pneumonia again]. Lionel has shipped my Legacy engine under warranty even though old. Repair statin here could not fix. Evidence it had been worked on before purchased. Was new in the box. Guessing factory had messed it up before boxing. Good surprise.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-01-2016

Coming home last night in snow/sleet/hail, thought there would be a lot more on-the-ground, that there is right now. Looks like about 1/2 inch at best.
It's a good morning to start getting the modules up from the basement along with all the "bench-work", so all I'll have left to do is set up the trailer, load it, and then Friday morning, go, and set up for the High Wheeler Train show in Palatine, IL.
This:    
Will be there. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 9 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be just above freezing.

Bereavement group meeting was yesterday. Nothing spectacular but the guy who sat down next to me turned out to be a long time friend. He had put on some weight and I almost didn't recognize him. After the meeting we had lunch and visited for about an hour. I'm tentatively sign up for a seniors golf league this summer. Also learned about another bereavement group called Beer and Bereavement that meets once a week on Thursdays. May have to give that a shot. As predicted yesterday afternoon was spent goofing off.

Only item on the agenda so far for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-02-2016

Overcast and 21 this morning. Sunday broke a record @ 64 degrees.
A short burst of freezing rain yesterday afternoon quickly turned to snow.
I just finished clearing about 2/3 inches of snow off the walks. No big deal for Michigan.
Nothing in the train news dept.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 03-02-2016

Yes the "big storm " turned to be about 2" in this area , thankfully ........still lots of school closings . Why I had to walk through a foot of snow , uphill both ways , 5 ...no, 10 miles to school Eek Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2016

Home from an early busy day. Rest and try to stop coughing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-03-2016

Still coughing some. Taking meds and trudging on. Off to meeting downtown. Maybe a break this afternoon. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-03-2016

Good Morning Blue
Overcast and 32 today.
Still some snow on the grass but all pavement here is clear and dry.
A short visit with one of my friends who is also a train nut, brightened my Wednesday.
Otherwise just checking in.
S.J.