The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-03-2016

Today I get the car and trailer packed and ready for set-up at the High Wheeler Train Show, at Harper College.
Tomorrow is Set-up, and Saturday/Sunday is Show Time. I figured on getting the car loaded first, and parking it on the driveway. Once that is done I can get the trailer ready, and then load the rest of the modules ( three of four ), and get them each "locked down" for the trip.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another gloomy day in progress. 28 right now headed for the mid 30s and cloudy.

Went to the gym already. Not much else planned for today until this afternoon. There's a beer and bereavement group that meets in a local tap on Thursday afternoons. Thought I'd give that a try.

prayers for the Chief and the Daze.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-03-2016

Afternoon all. Been a fun day so far. Been working in the garage getting ready for garage sale plan to have it on the 12th. Looking forward to it. Relaxing now need to plan the sale, Put add in paper for the next issue which I think is Thursday. ( weekly paper.) Been putting up a shelf Have the first 8' done have about 3' more, keep getting interrupted and its at the 9'6" in this room next one will be at the 9' area. ( 10' ceilings) I've typing this off and on since around 1 P.M. it's now almost 5 P.M. lol. I need to get back to what I'm doing talk to you all later hope you all had a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-04-2016

Morning. 37 degrees and windy. Suppose to be off today.

Tom, great idea. Find you a "buddy group" to hang out with.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-05-2016

Morning all. Partly cloudy and chilly [42]. Not much happening here. Vacuum the house as Wifey seems not to know how that works. :o Maybe some tinkering in the Train Box. Add some extra lighting. Got mini spots but seems to still have dark areas. Have the fixtures from the old train room in the spear bedroom. They are mini spots too. Too much light and it gets hot.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-05-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more gloomy day before the sunshine returns. Or so claims the NWS. 32 right now headed for 40. Much warmer Sunday through Tuesday - 60s.

Went to the beer and bereavement Thursday night. There were 4 of us. To me it was more like they wanted to relive the past than move on with the future. May or may not go again.

Got a call from my son last night. He hadn't been telling me everything. He's been to the doctor again. There's a lump on his neck that the doctors thought would shrink. It hasn't. Surgery to remove the lump is scheduled for Mar. 22nd.

On the good news side, he's also had a PET scan and a CT scan. Right now everything else looks clean so hopefully the removal of the lump and the recovery from that will put this whole thing behind us.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-06-2016

And a good Sunday Morning to ya all, aka: thee top o' the mornin' to ya.... We watched "Going My Way" yesterday and realized that we're getting close to St. Paddy's Day with all that Irish in that movie. My wife is Irish but never remembers to wear green on March 17th. I guess she leaves that up to those that want to be Irish, even just for one day a year.

It's been hot here, got up into the 90's for a few days, now we're looking at about a 20-degree drop into the low 70's with rain in the forecast for the next few day. February is usually one of our wettest months, but this year, not a drop and it turned out to be one of the hottest in record.

We still have a bunch of stuff that we're not unpacking and we're a bit short on storage space. The house we just left had three outdoor sheds, one for yard stuff, the other two for general storage. This house has none of that and I'm not sure I want to spend the money or the energy building any, so that leaves us with possibly renting a storage locker somewhere, piling things up in a spare bedroom (the one that was suppose to be my train room) or getting rid of the excess stuff we don't need anymore. Another yard sale would work too, but I'm not sure those are really worth the effort. We'll see...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-06-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 50 already. Going into the 60's 79 to 80 by Thursday. No rain. 2285_ Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-06-2016

Morning all. Not a lot going on here today. 57* going to 64* today calling for 80* Thursday and 81 Friday 2285_ Need to put some more shelves up today I have the wood for 3 more but don't think I have the brackets for 3 more, need to go to Lowes or Home Depot for more Probably Monday seeing I'll be in Augusta any way. Hope all have a good day talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, windy and 61 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Wind is out of the south at 25 gusting to 35 mph. I would go for a bike ride if it wasn't so windy.

Nothing exciting going on around here. Biggest activity so far has been to update my gps. That pretty much maxed out my energy level for today.

Frank - hope you are recovering from your pneumonia.

Prayers for EZ and wife.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-07-2016

Rise and shine. Busy day starting at noon until?????? Sunny and chilly but warming fast and upper 60's. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-07-2016

Greetings, gang.

Mostly cloudy and 52 with a predicted high of 65 and windy again.

I did find things to do outside yesterday. Cut down the tall grasses and took the plastic off the front of the house. Also had a nice chat with the neighbors.

Only plan for today is a trip to the gym this morning. I'm sure something will turn up for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-07-2016

Monday, the day after the High Wheeler's train show. Modules home safe, AND, I had the greatest fortune of receiving a certificate for best module in show.....yeah I'm still a bit high on that emotion. Wink Wink

On to the future.... March 19, 20, Jefferson High School, 4145 Samuelson Road, Rockford Il. .
The Rock River Valley Division NMRA Model Railroad Show and Sail........

Modules will be there. 10:00 AM-5:00 PM Saturday. 10:00 AM-5:00 PM Sunday.
Here's what to look for:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-08-2016

Congratulations are in order Pete. We knew how good you are, now a bunch more knows. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I'd have stopped by, but you know, that first step measured some1500 miles and would have wore me out. Seriously, I don't blame you for being stoked and I wish I could have been there.

'twas a bit windy and cold yesterday, well, cold by our standards. We didn't see any rain and I'm not sure what it's like out there right now. At the house we just left, I could just look out my den door or window and see, here, I have to go through to the other side of the house to be able to see outside. Well, I do have a window in my den, it's just that all I can see out of it is a block wall just a few feet away. 35 Anyway, the TV forecasters say there is a 20-30% chance of rain today with a new storm system coming in. The Weather Channel says no rain and it'll be sunny. I wonder if they're getting their information from the same source. :?

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. My wife is doing good for her condition, but each day has their challenges and I never know when they will pop up, or what they'll be. There is a limit to what medications can do to help, but life would be a lot more difficult without it so I'm pleased that we have something we can rely on during those times.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-08-2016

Morning all. BEAUTIFUL day out. Already 57 degrees. Low was 48. Off to the pond in a few to check beaver trap. Had to reset as more beavers. Also crappie should be starting to bite. Look for poachers.

Don, you and your wife are always in our prayers.

Tom, should be warm up your way too. Enjoy.

Later.