The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-29-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 95% humidity. There's a small chance of rain. The high will be 92°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Only thing on the schedule today is a doctors appointment at 10:15. Outside of watching a movie or two I have no idea what's in store for the rest of the day.

[Image: P1010020.jpg]

[Image: P1010016.jpg]

[Image: P1010019.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-29-2014

And a really good morning to ya all, or "Top o' the mornin' to ya" in my best Irish brogue. Big Grin No rain in the forecast until Friday, which means our chances of rain are greatly improved. The humidity is in the mid-40's and the dew point is over 60 right now, so I'm not sure how they came to that conclusion. Not that I'm at all cynical, but somehow I have lost faith in those weather reporters. Regardless, it should be hot today, right now at just past 5 AM, we're at 85, probably the low for the day, and we should get at least to 110 by this afternoon. No biggie, just normal stuff for around here.

Have a good one. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2014

Morning all. Partly cloudy and a lot cooler. Lower humidity.

Got to great one the Bond companies for our County today at lunch at the High School. Inspecting the County and how we spend their money. Three companies. Another one tomorrow and again Thursday.

Farmers' Market Advisory Board meeting at 4. Then probably go to the lake house and mow. Back early tomorrow AM.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-29-2014

I've been thinking about how to make something that'll support me as I work on the layout. I can't stand for more than a few minutes before it becomes agonizing. If I can construct something I can lean on that will take some of the weight off. It's just an idea at this point. From ideas come innovation and from innovation comes inventiveness. I'm good at being inventive, at building things and I will do this. I'm not going to let not being able to stand and work defeat me! Sitting is out as the layout is too high and I have to be able to reach across it. No matter what it takes, no matter what I have to do, I'll make something that'll let me work on my layout with some degree of comfort.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-29-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun but the air feels chilly at 60 degrees.
No trains yesterday.
Sunday night's storm left so many trees and branches on power lines that we had a day of on/off on/off and they still have people without power.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-29-2014

RB:, just a suggestion, but why not try a bar stool or drafting stool. A drafting stool is usually adjustable in height which is a big plus. I've got two drafting stools that swivel, one in my train room, the other in my workshop, and believe me, they come in handy at times.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-29-2014

Running Bear Wrote:I didn't get a whole lot accomplished today. Just watched some TV and got the dressings on my foot changed. Had lunch with my father and step mother. A combination sausage and pepperoni pizza. That was about it. I have a doc appointment in the morning so that's the morning pretty much shot.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010023.jpg]

[Image: P1010021.jpg]

These are two great pics...
Is that overhead crane a kit or scratchbuilt..??
And the crookedy tracks are spot on..!!

I unfortunately have this thing about straight track... :-(

Steamtrains Wrote:[Image: P1010023.jpg]

[Image: P1010021.jpg]

These are two great pics...
Is that overhead crane a kit or scratchbuilt..??
And the crookedy tracks are spot on..!!

I unfortunately have this thing about straight track... :-(
The overhead crane was completely scratchbuilt by the layouts builder, Henry Van Neste. The layout which now resides at the Museum of West Louisiana was his swan song.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 07-29-2014

Running Bear Wrote:I've been thinking about how to make something that'll support me as I work on the layout. I can't stand for more than a few minutes before it becomes agonizing. If I can construct something I can lean on that will take some of the weight off. It's just an idea at this point. From ideas come innovation and from innovation comes inventiveness. I'm good at being inventive, at building things and I will do this. I'm not going to let not being able to stand and work defeat me! Sitting is out as the layout is too high and I have to be able to reach across it. No matter what it takes, no matter what I have to do, I'll make something that'll let me work on my layout with some degree of comfort.
RB - seem to remember something that might help that was done by Micromark - found a photo that may provide inspiration

That's nice but too big. What I have in mind is kind of like a high stool I can rest my weight on and lean forward so I can work. Similar to what's in that photo but smaller.

Good afternoon. Temp: 84°, humid: 51%

It's warm but not hot. It might as well be with the humidity. You sweat just as much as if it was 100°. Got the doc appointment wrapped up. Go back in two weeks. Thursday I have an appointment with a different doc (evaluation for continuing with the wound vac) then on the 5th I have one with still another doc (gall bladder issues). Seems like they're lined up! After seeing the doc went to the pharmacy to pick up a new antibiotic. AMOX TR-K CLV. It's a generic form of Augmentin. It consists of amoxicillin which is one of the antibiotics in the penicillin family, along with clavulanate potassium, which works in the body to fight penicillin-resistant bacteria. I'm allergic to penicillin so it's gonna be interesting to see what this does. From the pharmacy it was on to Wal-Mart to pick up some things I needed. Among those were two cans of carb cleaner (cheaper than starting fluid) and a bag of #117B rubber bands. I use them on the sleeve of my prosthetic leg. They keep it from sliding down so it doesn't try to come off. A simple fix for a potentially embarrassing event.

Nothing scheduled for the rest of the day except to get some rest.

Well I put the new antibiotic into my med regimen and now I feel like crap. This tab is the antibiotic that's in penicillin. I'm allergic to penicillin and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason I feel so bad. I feel so bad I try not to move unless I absolutrery have to. I feel weak, mt eyes icth and I feel dizzy. Calling nthe doc tomorrow and telling hio about it. I don't need this.

See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010013.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2014

Morning. Not much good about it here.
Temperature:70°F
Humidity:86%
Dew Point:66°F
High:92°
[Image: cond026.gif]

Only took the new antibiotic once yesterday and I was sick most of the night. Sweats, chills, vomiting, cramps. At one point I was pretty sure I was going to pass out and I think I did. I haven't taken any more of it since and I feel very sore this morning. I do feel better though. My doc will be hearing about this.

No plans.

[Image: P1010012.jpg]

[Image: P1010008.jpg]

[Image: P1010007.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2014

A bright spot to the day! My desire to have a telescope has resulted in a 50/600mm Aries coming my way. Like new for $20. And my fathers paying for it. Can't beat that. If you can I don't wanna know about it.
Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-30-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 right now after an overnight low of 54. High for today is supposed to be about 80.

RB - congrats on the telescope and prayers for a speedy recovery.

My Fair Lady had another chemo session yesterday with completely different drugs with one exception and still had some major discomfort overnight. Improving this morning and we've already had a conversation with her doctor. Needless to say that particular drug will not be part of the next round of chemo.

Today is track repair day outdoors. We've had some deer wander through the yard, munching on some day lilies in the back yard. As a result some of the rails have become separated from the tie strip. I need to get this repaired before Sunday when the youngest grandson arrives. He's the one who helped me start laying track a few years ago.

All stay safe.

Tom