The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 54 headed for rain and 61.

Boy did my plans change on Thursday. I was just about to head out the door for the gym when the phone rang. One of my train buddies from Nebraska said he was coming and was that ok. Heck, yes! Spent a great three days with them.. He and his wife just left. We had a great time. Ran the Backyard and Southern for almost 8 hours yesterday with minimal problems. Toured the town. Showed off my HO layout and talked almost non-stop from the time they got here until they left.

No major plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom (USAF)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-12-2016

Evening all been a good day. moved some Garage sale items around ( IE trains) I now have a table 2' wide and 8' long filled one end to the other with trains for sale including a brand new starter type set still in shrink wrap and shipping box. Put up mode shelves but need to make a decision do I make the next two tight ( 4 3/4" high ( I have a area of 15" total between the upper shelf and the lower shelf where I need to fit this in or do I eliminate one and just put on at about the 7 1/2" area ) I'm leaning towards the 7 1/2" one but will make a big spread where the others are about 5" - 6" between them. Didn't plan it this way had one right above door and when I worked around the room from the other side to keep them all in line this is how it worked out.

Went to put my NYC passenger set up and I have one car more than will fit up there lol. and thats using the SD-80 instead of the PA1&PB1 set. put them one shelf down and with the cars I put behind them that train is wall to wall ( 11') My ceiling in here are just shy of 10'

Not much else going on here. Hope all had a good Saturday and Sunday is even better

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-13-2016

Morning all. Rainy here today with a high of 76* they say. No real news or plans for today. Hope all have a good day talk to you later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-13-2016

Good Morning Blue
Lite rain and 40s today.
Oh I had real ham & eggs for breakfast yesterday.
Been a long time since we had a ham here, the kids usually do ham for the holiday meals.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, drizzly, and 46 headed for the mid 50s today.

Not much going on around here. Went to Walmart and picked up a few basics (beer and donuts). No plans for today other than maybe some laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-13-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 71. Rain??? Maybe or maybe not. Garden work out later.
Hope all have a great week ahead.
Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

50 degrees and a rain shower in progress. The guesstimated high for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s.

Another quiet day is underway. Nothing planned other than a trip to the gym and maybe some laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-14-2016

Morning all. up and ready. Now if only the could be 357 Have appointment in Augusta today at 1 so she has time. it's only a hour away but need to get her moving so we can make it. Need to make a list of things I need to finish the shelves in here. Not much else going on here suppose to get up to 80 today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-14-2016

Afternoon. Well, evening as time change changes things. Busy day. Bad T'storms west of us. Eek Escaped them last night.
Rest and TV. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2016

Good morning all. We're back into the 80's after a few days of normal or below normal temps. The Weather Channel says that we'll be in the 90's by this weekend for a few days. Not records, but still at bit hot for this time of the year.

We watched "The Longest Day" over the weekend. Yeah, it is also "the longest movie" clocking in at over three hours, so we watched it in spurts. I am amazed at the photography and how the movie is put together. If none of it is from real photos, than they went through a lot of effort adding realism. An all-star cast as well, some major stars playing bit roles. We seem to be attracted to older films. They don't make them like they used to. Yeah, CGI adds things that they couldn't do for real, but we like it the way they used to do it, gaffs and all....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2016

Morning. Had a big hail storm last night. Seems no damage. Was rather large and loud. 10 minutes or more. Cloudy and cooler but warming during the day.

DAZ, that movie was done great and didn't have the super things movies have advantage of like today's. Special effects have really changed.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-15-2016

Morning all. Not a lot happening today, taking truck in for the rotation of tires and alignment check.
Got my GG1 in and the 202 alco U.P. and some parts to work on some more trains I have down. Also bought some wood and stain yesterday to finish the shelves. So I have plenty to do. One of my 6464 Boxcars i got in I need to take my wire wheel on the Dremal and do the inside of the frame as it is rusty and then repaint. When I finish with the 2018 I need to have another shelf for it lol ( it's sitting on my work bench, has been for almost a month waiting for a E-unit for it. ( Came in without one)
The 202 was a replacement for one I have with a crack in the nose of the shell. So the extra once I get them swapped out will go up on the bay.
Hope all have a good day sunny and warm believe they said 83* today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 61 outside my window this morning and that's as warm as it's supposed to be today. Winds will start picking up by this evening and by tomorrow the wind is supposed to be up to 45 mph.

Didn't sleep too well last night so I'm going to skip the gym today. May go to Menards later. This evening I'm taking myself out to dinner.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-16-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 72 degrees. Going to 82 degrees they say. Off to a luncheon for Public Safety persons in the county.

Tom, no Menards here. Would love to have one. See their O gauge building up close.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 48 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 50s but the winds are supposed to be in the mid 40s so not a good day to be outside.

Didn't get any of my goals accomplished yesterday. Never made it to Menards and just got a pizza for supper last night. Went to the gym this morning. Don't have any major plans for this afternoon.

Frank - our Menards has some of the o scale stuff. I did see a couple of nice Woodland Scenics trees also.

All stay safe.

Tom