The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

28 and sunny headed for 45 and cloudy with a slight chance of rain/snow. Winds will be kicking up again but only the mid 30s rather than yesterday's 40 mph.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and maybe work on taxes this afternoon. Late afternoon will see me attending the beer and bereavement meeting. Could be fun as it's on St. Patrick's day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-17-2016

Good top o' thee mornin' to yee all, and a Happy St. Paddy's day to boot. 2285_ 2285_ Well, I'm the only non-Irishman in my immediate family. How does that happen you say? Well, I married one, making our two sons part Irish and leaving me out in the cold on this important day. So be it, most of us have a touch of Irish in us if only by desire, and it comes out on March 17th every year. We have no special plans other than cooking corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes, something we've done for as long as I can remember. Somewhere I read where this "Irish" tradition originated in the USA. I can't say for sure, but at this point in my life, I really don't care, I like corned beef, and if my cardiologist is reading this, we found some that has 60% less sodium, so he should be happy that at least I'm making an effort to listen to what he wants me to do. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-17-2016

Morning. Day changed. No stress test. Tech had family emergency. Meeting with WakeMed Hospital rep this AM. Now to do some chores outside. Meeting in southern part of the county tonight. 35 miles south and drive back. Icon_lol Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-17-2016

Putting up the last shelf on one side of the room as I got done I step back to step down on the step ladder ( I was on top of my small desk) dang ladder wasn't there landed flat on my back. Not a lot going on here other than above. Just hasn't been a good day all day.
Hope all are doing well will talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-18-2016

Morning. Out the door with Friend Fred. Doing pond chores. Finish getting garden ready to disk later this afternoon. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-18-2016

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great, and safe, St. Paddy's day yesterday. We hit the corned beef and cabbage thing and watched, "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". Not really anything to do with St. Patrick's Day, but it's Irish and with Leprechauns and it's G rated. The interesting thing about that movie is that the DVD has a bonus section where they show you how they made the parts where Darby was full-size and the Leprechauns were probably around G scale. They used forced prospective, sounds kind of familiar. The Leprechauns were in fact, several feet behind or below Darby and in some cases, they added small dummies closer in so they appeared to be by his side.

We've been flirting with 90 degrees for the past few days. They say we'll be there by tomorrow and Monday's forecast shows 93. It's hard to believe that there are storms and really bad weather in other parts of the country. My heart goes out to those that are affected. It's sad to see someone standing in front of a pile of debris that once was their home.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-18-2016

bright sun and 40s today
Fine with me, no snow involved.
No train news, a couple doctor appointments this past week, things seem to be getting better.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Snowy and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 30 degrees with a snow shower in progress with a high of 39. By Tuesday it's supposed to be in the mid 60s.

It's been a quiet couple of days for me. That will change tomorrow. One of my daughter's closest friends was killed in a car accident. My daughter and her son will be home for the funeral. Then on Monday I leave for my son's place for his surgery on Tuesday. I'll stay with him until he's back on his feet. Should be just a few days.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-20-2016

Good morning everyone. Hard to believe, but we're well into March, it's Palm Sunday, the start of holy week for us and the first day of Spring. Some people aren't sure, it could have been yesterday, depending on where you live, but if not, it's today. I like the old school better, they're sure what day spring is along with a lot of other stuff we learned in school. We did arithmetic by hand, learned to write cursive and then hand wrote all our reports and essays. We were graded on neatness, correctness (spelling and facts), and composition. No smart phones, no computers or printers, no auto-correct and no SIRI or search engine to help us find things that we didn't know. I'm befuddled, with all this technology, these people still aren't sure when Spring starts this year.... :wait:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-20-2016

Afternoon. No thanks Tom for the cold cloudy Yankee weather. 41 degrees. Maybe frost tonight. Eek Warming later in the week. Washing clothes and vacuuming to help Wifey as she has gone to her ailing parents with a meal and help them.

Stay warm.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-20-2016

Don:
I was in Costco the other day and heard someone using their calculator to do 6 times 12. At least they got 72!

And if spring doesn't start on March 21, maybe we need to re-boot the calendar again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 27 after an overnight low of 23. High for today is supposed to be in the 50s.

Daughter and grandson arrived yesterday and will be here until Wed. I'll be leaving this afternoon for son's surgery tomorrow. I'll be staying with him until he recovers from that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-21-2016

Morning all. Chilly and fair. Warming but not too warm until middle of the week. Winter doesn't want to give up.
Prayers for Tom's son.
Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-21-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Don:
I was in Costco the other day and heard someone using their calculator to do 6 times 12. At least they got 72!

And if spring doesn't start on March 21, maybe we need to re-boot the calendar again.

Yup, just the other day, I gave the order-taker at Burger King a $20 bill, along with some change. He had to call the manager in order to give me the right change back, (just even dollars) since I think he hit the wrong buttons. I've had other instances where the clerk couldn't make change when the cash register didn't tell them exactly how much to give back. A few weeks ago, I brought in a coupon to a Long John Silver's, and it took four people to figure out how to enter the discount. Nope, there was no bar code on the coupon like for some other restaurants.

I guess Spring did officially start yesterday, a bit late though since Spring Training started a few weeks ago. :? We drive past the Surprise facility (Rangers and Royals), almost every day and see people standing on the sidewalk across the street watching the players practice. I guess it's kind of like the old, "watch the game through a knothole" thing for free. I guess it's worth it to some, especially when I see that there are some games where you can spend $100 for a seat to see a Spring Training game.

Oh, the weather for the games should be pleasant, we're looking at the mid-90's today, dropping down to the high 70's and 80's the rest of the week. You can see why people flock here for Spring Training. Not only the players, but visitors too, just to watch the games.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-21-2016

Back when we first moved here went into the Wendy's the next town over and had to call the manager because she kept insisting she gave me the correct change when she was shorting me like 30 cents I know not much but how many others has she done this to. The bad thing was thou she really thought she had given me the correct change.
she swore it was correct.
York train meet is like 3 weeks away. 2285_ Waveof7
Hope all having a good week. Chief you need to chill a few more days Icon_lol