The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-22-2016

Good morning folks, today is presidential choice day here in Arizona. Wow, maybe now the onslaught of TV ads and phone calls will ease up, at least until after the conventions. No longer do we get ads one after another for accident-injury lawyers or for the latest in medication that you're not sure what medical issue it's suppose to help you with. No, we get four or five TV commercials in a row to show us just how good that particular person is that's running for the presidential election. Then when the phone rings, I wonder if it could be one of those candidates calling me, or maybe it's just someone calling under the guise that they're taking a political poll and I need to answer just a few questions.... "remember", the recording says, "my opinion counts". Well it does, but I keep it to myself and just hang up.

I wonder how all this will turn out, but I'm also waiting for it to start all over again, depending on how they value the votes they get from our state.

Temps drop down to the low 80's today, maybe some of our heat will head over to those folks that are still fighting the snow and frost.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-22-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 48. Was 33 an hour and half ago. Mid 69's today. What a recovery.

Chores and single Mom texting my car whistles. ???? Go check it out for her. No Dad or BF to help her. Town Board tonight.

DAZ, don't think we have a good choice.

Hope all have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-23-2016

Cloudy and 44, rain expected later.
The owner of our best train store suddenly closed and sold off the entire inventory to one buyer.
He is quite ill so it was not so much he did it but so sudden that caught everyone off guard.
The deadline for Lionel pre-orders has past so everyone is trying to find stores that ordered extras.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 52 degrees in eastern Iowa today. Rain is on the way.

Son's surgery was longer than anticipated. We expected a couple hours. Wound up lasting 5 hrs. Lots of delicate work and reconstruction. Recovering today and maybe tomorrow. Doc will be back in this afternoon to let us know whether he cam go home tomorrow or Friday.

Prayers for Mrs Daze and all others who need it.

Not much else to report.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-23-2016

Iowa in the spring. Winter storm warning north with up to a foot of snow - tornado watch south with lots of rain.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-23-2016

Had the RR club over tonight -- about 6 guys. After the talk session, I showed a couple of videos. One was about the automated HO bicyclist. The other was a section of a Disneyland show Where do the Stories come from? about Walt's railroad (plus Donald Duck's railroad).

I received some nice comments about my railway.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-25-2016

Good morning everyone. Here we are, it's Good Friday already, Easter is but two days away and it seems like New Year's Day was just about two weeks ago. Time goes by a lot faster as you get older, which kind of tells you a lot about my age.... Icon_lol

A few weeks ago we bought gas at $1.259 a gallon. I see some stations are now over the $2.00 mark. Like they say, gas prices fall like a feather and go up like a rocket..... I know, we were suppose to feel sorry for those in the oil industry. Yeah, they did lay off a lot of workers, and that's a shame, but I'll bet those sheiks and CEO's didn't see any change in their lifestyle.

Weather-wise, we're still in the upper 80's, above average, but suppose to go below average by the middle of the week. Still, no one is going to complain about 73 degrees and sunny.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-25-2016

Morning. Sprinkles earlier. Sunny now but forecasters say may have another shower before dark. Off to check pond for poachers. Will be busy trying to sneak in this weekend. Found an old plastic box of .22's by the cable post yesterday on my second trip there. So old Kmart price was $3.47. WOW.

Prayers for Tom's son and Mrs. Daz.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-25-2016

Good Friday Morning Blue
Cold this morning, 40 for the day's hi.
Almost 60 yesterday but it rained ALL day.
Gas here has reached the 2 dollar mark as well, with the switch to summer blend coming, another excuse to raise it more.
A Good Friday service at noon with a potluck lunch after will be my big meal for the day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-25-2016

Blue sky, a few clouds, a dusting of snow on the grass and the roofs of the buildings around mine......and cold enough for me.
Wonder if I'll see the Easter Bunny, wearing Wink snowshoes ? Big Grin (( or maybe a "Snowshoe Rabbit" will have to "fill in" ))

Ironwork,( ring bolts, shackles, all the little bitty stuff ) on the tern is going slowly. It's hard to find enough incentive to keep going with all the tiny details, but, as soon as there are "attachment points" built and installed, I will be able to start the running rigging, and get the sails furled, and attached to the booms.

I also found another boat....called a "Chesapeake Bay oyster buyboat", and is 60' long, Home port Deltaville Va.
She's an interesting work boat, and should be another reasonably "do-able", in HO scale.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 50 degrees in eastern Iowa this evening. Rain tomorrow with a high of 50.

Son is recovering and should be home tomorrow. Pathology reports came back negative. Hopefully we have this licked. Next milestone is a PET scan in about 4 months. When I asked the doctor he said that 4 months would allow for healing and make the PET scan easier to read. I'll be here through at least Monday for the next scheduled doctor visit. After that it will depend on how my son is feeling.

Next major activity is not until June when My in-laws celebrate their 90th birthdays. I'll be in Michigan for about two weeks for that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-26-2016

Morning. Cooler than lately. Busy day. Hospital day. Mrs. Dorothy there. Also Wifey's Aunt who has been told for months [goes once a month] cancer free is now got cancer big time.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-27-2016

Blue it's a sunny Easter Sunday morning.
He has risen.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-27-2016

sir james Wrote:Blue it's a sunny Easter Sunday morning.
He has risen.
S.J.

Not here. Chilly 55 and raining off and on. Middle SIL is visiting. We opted out of Church for a visit with her. Wifey cooking ham and potato salad.

Happy and blessed Easter to all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2016

Good morning and a very Happy Easter to you all. We no longer color Easter eggs or fill Easter baskets, but we did stop at the store to pick up a bit of Easter candy. Just a couple of small chocolate bunnies, some filled chocolate eggs and my favorite, jelly beans. I hope my doctors aren't looking, but if they are, we didn't buy that much and probably will not eat it all anyway....