The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-27-2016

We visited SIL who still has major brace on her leg (broken kneecap). Did a couple of loads of laundry, then went to a buffet for dinner.
Her dishwasher doesn't seem to be draining -- any ideas? It's newish, but I can't see the plumbing without doing some major moving; best left for the experienced.

I bought a station building to build at the train show, but I started on it a couple of days ago. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 03-27-2016

Wow been a week again since last post. Well lets see not sure what I have told you all and haven't but still waiting for the insurance company to see if there going to pay on a mess up there repair company did 2 years ago on the truck they claim there work is warranty as long as you own the vehicle but bet they didn't figure I still would have the truck ( it's a 2004 ) heck it only has like 121,000 on it why get rid of it, it's just getting broke in Thumbsup . Not much else going on back and left upper arm still giving me some trouble from when I fell about a week and half ago I think but as wife says the older you are the longer it takes to heal and I agree.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2016

Morning. Rains are leaving and sun trying to pop out. 64 degrees. Got some house things to do today. Mexican friend showed up needing work. We will do some new moldings upstairs.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this evening. Increasing clouds for tomorrow with storms on Wed.

Home from my son's place for a couple of days. Doctor visit today went well. On Thursday we'll be visiting with the radiologist and the oncologist to see if they have any insight on additional treatment. On Friday we will see the surgeon again to remove more staples and probably the sutures.

I'm home to catch up on laundry, taxes (yeah, I need to file), and a few other things. I'll head back to my son's on Wed. afternoon and probably return on Friday but may stay through the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-28-2016

From the Yankee Carpetbagger RT.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-29-2016

Morning all. 55 degrees and cooler today with high only in the mid to high 60's.
Off to my every two year stress test.
Prayers for Tom's son and DAZ's Wifey.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-29-2016

Where is everyone????? Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-29-2016

Spent most of day operating/supervising Windermere station. I think we had about a dozen operators; Mike needs to get a bigger dining table for lunch.
The layout is interesting. Decades ago, Mike excavated a trench in the middle of his crawl space and built a layout on the original concrete. He expanded the layout with a model of Windermere station (English Lake district; think Wordsworth) which he says is scale size, but with a few improvements (relocated crossovers) and an added engine shed with turntable. At the time modelled, locos that needed turning were backed 19 miles to the mainline junction at Oxenholme. Today the line is a 19-mile electrified single-track spur.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-30-2016

Good morning all. Some confusing weather here, it's been overcast for the past two days, chilly and windy yet there's not been a drop of rain since the end of January. Oh, they did get about an inch of snow up in Flagstaff which accounts for the below normal temps here. Last week, the lows here were in the 60's, the past two days, that's where the highs were. And yes, it's going to get warmer very quick, we've go a forecast for 90 on Sunday.

Friday night they will shut down one of the busiest intersections in the valley. Bell road will be closed for up to eight months while they build an overpass over Grand Ave. and the BNSF mainline that runs parallel to it. It's a big deal for us because the detour route will funnel all that traffic over the one street that we use to get out of our neighborhood. Oh yeah, the other street that we can use is torn up for a new surface and realignment and will be that way for a while yet. 35 Really great planning, shut or restrict every major east-west street at the same time, especially since the new freeway to the north won't be finished for a while as well, they started that project about two years ago. My wife and I used to talk about our choice of business that we went into. We were thinking that instead of building security systems, we should have been making road barriers. There has to be a fortune in that. Goldth

We're here Frank, we check in every chance we get to see what's going on. I wish I could get my phone to get me on line, and maybe I could post more often. My phone has that capability, but it gets stubborn sometimes. For instance, while sitting in Denny's, it says it can't find Denny's Wi-Fi. Why not, everyone else there seems to do it. Even at home, I can't seem to get my password right and can't connect with my phone... :?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-30-2016

Morning. 56 degrees. Was rather chilly earlier. Personal errands to run [grass carp for pond. lime, fertilizer and 2 1/2 gal. generic Roundup]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-30-2016

Hello Blue
60 today but of course storms are expected later, again.
Errands, shopping and naps have filled my days.
So basically I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 03-30-2016

Overcast, and chilly here right now. Nothing on my schedule to get me out into this dreary day. This situation has all the makings of a "tern" for the better Wink Wink .........yeah looks like a good day to stay home and spend some rigging time on the "three master's " ironwork .
There is one project that I should look into.........most of my sailing craft are still "unnamed" Icon_lol Guess it's about time to make up a list of names, pick one for each vessel, and get out the decal "letter" sheets, and start that process.
This will, of course, be hugely successful........ Wink Icon_lol Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 with rain moving in overnight.

I started out for my son's house. Got a few miles down the road when the phone rang. My son had gotten the Thursday appointments moved to Friday so we only have to make one trip. I'm back home for another day. I'll head down there tomorrow afternoon.

In other news, there is no news. Big Grin

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-31-2016

Morning. Sun pops in and out. 62 degrees. Off to take FIL's car to have it serviced.
Tom, have a safe trip tomorrow.
Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-01-2016

Morning. Rainy and 68 degrees. Off to a meeting on community health for the County. Have a good one.