The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-02-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and windy outside my window this morning. It's 36 headed for 45. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 71 then on Monday it's back to the low 50s.

Son's doctor appointments went as expected. Next milestone will be in about 4 months when another scan is performed. Up next for me is a trip to the grocery store. Tonight I plan to go to a play at the local community theater.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-02-2016

Good morning all, temps are in the 80's once again, normal for this time of the year. We've seen above and below average on and off, and we're heading for above once again. The forecast calls for high 90's by Wednesday. We go out and I take a jacket having no idea what changes are in store for the weather, and no maybe an umbrella is a good thing to have since I saw some rain in the forecast for later in the week. BTW, the last measurable rain we've had here was back on January 31.

Been busy with medical appointments this week and I'm grateful that no on chose to prank us yesterday. I guess I'm getting too old to appreciate an April Fool's joke. Even the one's I saw on TV didn't make me chuckle and the mean ones make me wonder why someone would ever do that to another person just to get a laugh.

Take care you all, and have a great weekend.... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-02-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sprinkles & snowflakes are in the forecast today. High in the 40s.
We have some laundry going and maybe a trip to Texas Road House later to celebrate our anniversary of March 29th.
A sad trip to the empty train store yesterday, all the stock is gone but they have a lot of display cases to sell off. The layout has been sold and being dismantled.
I got a couple of nice chrome plated display racks to put books and catalogs on.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-02-2016

Morning. Raining finally. Been forecasted for two days. 58 degrees [temp has fallen due to pour down].

SJ, yes it is. Thursday I went by Todd's Train Depot for the first time in 8 months. Was sad as use to be a great train store.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-03-2016

Greetings, gang.

A sunny day in progress in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. high for to day is supposed to be in the low 70s with 30+ mph winds. Then tomorrow the temp drops back to the low 50s.

Went to a community theater production last night. Lots of fun and laughs. Formula 1 race at 9:30 this morning.

I'm having trouble getting my newspaper restarted. Called Thursday afternoon and as of this morning I still don't have it. I'll be calling again in a few minutes.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-03-2016

Good Sunday morning to you all. It's kind of jaw dropping to see the weather they're having in some parts of the country and we here are looking at a bit above average temps. Norm for this time of the year is in the low 80's, today will be pushing 90 and be in the high 90's by mid-week. They're already starting those, "guess the day and time of the first 100 degree for this year", contests, while back east we've got tornadoes, sleet and ice. Just a bit hard to deal with for some folks and we wish them the best.

Still working on getting the garage organized, things have slowed down considerably, but at this point, most everything in the house that's going to get unpacked, is. The only thing left is all those little boxes of tools and parts in the garage. I still don't know when I'm going to get to work with my modeling. Everything is in what should be my train room including my layout base, my biggest concern is getting the free time to work on it again.....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-03-2016

Good Morning one and all. Not much to report from the land of frozen Buckeyes other then yesterday we saw rain,snow showers,sun,rain,more snow showers and sun then back to yup the aforementioned. All within a two hour time frame.

Modeling wise I'm working on a Athearn BB baywindow Southern caboose to go with my Atlas Southern GP7 I found used in a mom and pop new and use video game store last month for a whopping $12.00. There was several Athearn and Roundhouse 40' cars there as well. I went there to sell/trade some video games I don't like or no longer play and never expected to walk out with a Atlas Geep 7.

Slate Creek news.. I recently moved and now have a spare bedroom for a layout and decided on a U shape 16" wide shelf layout. The new Slate Creek plan will follow Lance Mindheims ISL design principles along with several excellent ideas found in the layout section of our forum. Slate Creek will be SCL/Family Lines 77/78,Summerst Ry 78/79,Huron River,Ohio Central and SCR 95/96.

I shall have a cup or two and look over the forum.

Have a good'un!

Almost forgot.. I can still watch NS from my front yard.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-03-2016

Sumpter250 Wrote:Mallorca, is the "Big" island, and the port city of Palma is a beautiful place. That said,
"others say it is an awful crowded place full of stupid tourists." Icon_twisted Icon_twisted because it is a beautiful place, it will probably BE full of tourists.
It has been an "age" since my last Mediterranean Deployment with the U.S. Navy, but my memories of Palma de Mallorca, are all pleasant. I truly did enjoy the beauty of the place.
That said, ........... places like that are almost always full of tourists.....sometimes, they aren't as stupid as one might think.
Hope you can have an enjoyable visit there. Thumbsup Thumbsup

We are preparing to check that out. After we have been in the north hiking in the forrest and enjoying the beaches last year is it time to visit the capital of the island. We are scheduled for a city vacation from Tuesday to Friday next week. We got a hotel in the very center and shopping area. Will have to watch my tiny boss :o It is still no high season and the crowds should at an acceptable level.
Sumpter, are the any "young" ladies I should forward best greetings from an US sailer been there "lately" 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-03-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and clouds this morning. It was 23 when we got up. 40 for the day.
Yep We went out to dinner with our little family yesterday and while we were there it was a blinding blizzard outside. Must have lasted 45 minutes but at 40 degrees nothing stuck. Not unusual for Michigan. No train news this morning but I like to check in and keep up with the post.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-03-2016

Morning all. Being lazy. Wifey cooked bacon and eggs. Got a lot of outside chores done yesterday. Now Train Box I hope.

Prayers for DAZ. A lot on your plate.

Tom, your paper must be like ours. We tell them to stop, they deliver for months. Then try to bill you. But we have called 5 times. Then they beg you to start back. Takes weeks to get it going again.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-03-2016

interesting day in PA...... winds insanely high (gusting to 60) temps in the 30's...... and an Amtrak accident about 4 miles from where I live Sad 2 dead - presumably the backhoe operators for MOW on track 1... the train was on track 2 and hit it (them).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://6abc.com/news/2-dead-in-amtrak-train-accident-in-chester;-service-suspended/1274225/">http://6abc.com/news/2-dead-in-amtrak-t ... d/1274225/</a><!-- m -->

The confusing thing is that it is 15 miles South of Philadelphia, is anything i would think the service would be fine from Phila. North. There are no trains running at all Southbound out of Phila.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-03-2016

faraway Wrote:Sumpter, are the any "young" ladies I should forward best greetings from an US sailer been there "lately" 357

357 The "young" ladies I might have known there..........are not young now!. Wink

They, like I am, are about Cheers Years older now. Eek Confusedhock: Wink 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 04-03-2016

Seems to happen every year ...you'd think I'd get used to it .....nice balmy weather for a few weeks to give the feeling of Spring and then SNOW !!!! Colder than a hooker's heart yesterday and today , snow didn't last , thankfully , but I want to get my yard clean up going and it's too cold ! Maybe later this week ....tired of being cooped up inside , except fo working on trains of course Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-04-2016

Morning. 57 degrees and warming fast. No snow here. Will drop to the 30's tonight. Hope no frost. Busy day doing Town stuff. Tonight too.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-04-2016

Good morning one and all from the land of wet Buckeyes..Its 53 and raining so,I'll toss another log on the fire and read a good Western novel until this afternoon then I shall head to the hobby shop in Mansfield for some supply's and maybe a new freight car-I'm looking for a Accurail 50' UP boxcar. I could easily order the needed items but, I have a hankering for Skyline Chili's chili dog with cheese. Yum-oo .

I shall have a cup and look over da forum.

Have a good'un!