The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-05-2016

Morning. Low was suppose to be 31 degrees. Weather station and phone says 51 degrees. ??? Guess the weather geezers missed it a lot.
Off to the farms down east.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-05-2016

Good Morning one and all from the land of cold Buckeyes.. I went to the hobby shop yesterday bought the items I needed including a Accurail 50' Chessie (C&O) boxcar and ended up with a case of checkout price shock-no,the total was less then I expected, $47.89 including tax for the miscellaneous supply's and the kit. I thought I had at least $60.00 worth of goodies.There was no discount. The Skyline Chili chili dogs was good. Overall it was a relaxing afternoon and one that should be repeated more often except maybe on Saturday mornings instead of a week day.

This Saturday is the Bucyrus Train Show but,I will not be attending as a club member.. I quit the club but,will go as a attendee.

I shall have a cup or two java and look over da forum.

Have a good'un!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-05-2016

Good morning all. Yeah Frank, these weather people all seem to have gone to the same school. +/- 50% is OK on temps, +/- 100% is accurate on rain or snow. Can you imagine these people going into engineering and developing products that have a 50% chance of doing what they're designed to do? Or building something where the parts can be even just 10% off of spec.?

Anyway, in our neighborhood, we're looking at the high 90's for today and tomorrow, with a chance of rain and the low 80's for the next few days. How many days and what percent is dependent on what TV channel news that you're watching.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-05-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 36 in eastern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 50 with rain showers.

Yep, back in eastern Iowa this morning. Son is suddenly scheduled for another surgery. Doctor didn't like the way the previous surgery was healing so he and his partner are going to carve up my son again. When I see him this afternoon I'm going to accuse the doctor of practicing for Thanksgiving on my son.

Not much else is new. I'll probably be here most of this week again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-06-2016

Morning all. Was 30 degrees when I got up. Now 44 and rising fast. 62 forecasted high today. Up and down and up again. Icon_lol

Hope all OK. Fed and I were at the farms yesterday. Love it in the woods. Was cold and super winds. If out in the fields away from the woods, caps kept blowing off. Howling. Only got one tick. Everything ready for turkey season.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-06-2016

Good morning everyone, hot and dry here for at least one more day. Frank, I share your appreciation for the woods, we loved to go camping up in the pines until our bodies kept telling us that sleeping on cots or in sleeping bags wasn't in our best interest. We still go up there as often as we can, but stay in hotels when we go overnight. Yes, Arizona does have one of the largest pine forests in the country. A big difference in temperature and atmosphere from down here in the desert, that's why lots of folks here spend their summer weekend up around Flagstaff, Payson, Prescott or the White Mountains.

Not much happening around here that's newsworthy. They're still talking about our recent election and where people stood in line for up to four hours to vote, some clocking in past midnight. "Oops", says the election gal, "maybe I shouldn't have shut down almost 75% of the polling places before the election". :oops: And no, she won't resign Nope .... not yet anyway....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 52 in eastern Iowa this afternoon. Some light showers last night with more chances for rain tonight and tomorrow.

Son is alert and hungry - both very good signs after 3.5 hour surgery last night. Doctor says he should be released Friday or Saturday.

Not much else going on.

Prayers for Mrs Daze and others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-06-2016

Evening all. Ben a crazy here, starting to kinda calm back down took truck to get a couple of things fixed well the window is now done but what I was told was wrong with my ABS ( left front hub ) was not the reason. This all started 2 years ago when truck got vandalized they swore it was the hub ( my wiring harness was cut threw about 75% ) but they said oh we spliced it back correctly. Then I came down with a killer cold or the Flu I'm getting back to normal I think but it has been a real rough 5 days. With not knowing when I will get my truck back had to cancel my trip to York train meet. Curse Well there is always October or Next April. Give me a chance to do a couple of things. Not much else going on here no real train news that I can think of.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-07-2016

Morning all. Early morning. TV station calls at 5:45 AM about a bomb threat made late yesterday for High School. Then other things with the County have popped up. Off to a scheduled Dr.'s apt.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-07-2016

Sorry to hear there that way Chief they should of gotten the info that night. Not a lot happening here I won a 6519 Allis Chanler car on the bay that actually has the break wheels still on it ( they are very fragile and somewhere around 95% or so I would guess have broke off. The 6544 ( which basically has same frame just a different color Blue instead of orange) has the same problem. Been a quiet day thank goodness wife really needed it and I needed it to as I'm just getting over a real bad cold and she's just getting it. ( Ain't I nice) well payback is hell she gave me a real nasty one back in the fall. Actually I feel bad about it but what are you going to do when you live in the same house. It can't be helped so all I could do today was try and do some of the things she normally does so she didn't have to do it. Not a lot else going on hope all had a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-08-2016

Morning all. Gracious. I have been to a walk club at elementary school, Wifey to Home Depot and then ACE. Now getting ready to go to HS and then Dr. Everyone must be busy too.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-08-2016

We are just back from Palma de Mallorca. Sumpter was so very right! That city is extremely interesting, cute and charming. It is a lot like Paris shrunk to walking distance.
I am sure that was not our last visit to Palma.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-08-2016

Happy to hear your experience in Palma, matched my memories of that place. It has been quite a while since I was there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-09-2016

Good morning all. It was nice to wake up to rain yesterday. This breaks 66 days without a trace. We didn't get that much, but then they say there's at least two more storms on their way. One for tomorrow, with 70-80% chance of rain, and one for next weekend with... gee, they're saying maybe 20-30% (the TV people) or maybe none at all (The Weather Channel). :? I can't say for sure, but I always use my own rain gauge to find out things like this. I stick my hand out the window, and if it comes back wet, I know that it's raining out. Thumbsup Temps will be getting down into the 60's by tomorrow as well. Cool for us...

Have a great weekend. 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-09-2016

Morning all. 50 degrees and light winds. Suppose to have gusts up to 40 MPH. Red flag day for most of the state. Unusual for us. So low humidity and windy. Had rain but in spring trees and plants soak it up and top of ground dry. Strange as western part of the state had big snow last night. Front coming through.

Have a good one.