The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-17-2016

Afternoon. 70 degrees and sunny. TWC been here and interrupted the day. Guy is great but slow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-18-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 61 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today i supposed to be in the low 70s. Rain will be moving in later today and stay until about Thursday.

Lots of things planned for today. I need to call for an appointment for a recall on my car (air bag). Also need to get tires rotated. Misc. other household chores that have been neglected while I have been spending time with my son. I was planning a trip to the gym today but I'm even more tired today than I was over the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-18-2016

Good Monday morning to you all. Nice weekend here weather-wise, rain came out of the forecast and for once, they were accurate. it turns out that the system went to the north of us and turned into snow. I suppose it's still not a good time to head up to Flagstaff, Prescott or Sedona. Cooler weather for sure, but I'm not that good at driving in snow. Nope

Got a few more things done to the house that are on my punch list. Pretty soon, all that will be left are things that I'd "like" to do, but really don't "have" to do. Packey says that if it doesn't enhance the value of the house, forget about doing it. I guess that depends on if we can really use whatever it is, but more important, how long we intend to stay here. That, I cannot answer. I thought maybe five years, but things change daily here and I may decide to go somewhere where my wife can get more care than I can give her. I'll do my best to find some place that has a layout, I hope one in N scale since that's about all I've got to work with.

Have a great week folks.... Applause Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-18-2016

Morning all. sunny and 72 degrees. Pretty week ahead per forecast. Busy town wise. Yes, that would happen when you can get out and enjoy.
Hope all have a good week.

PS: Just got this.
http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2016/04/18/one-of-americas-top-boom-towns-is-30-minutes-from.html?ana=e_trig_rdup&s=newsletter&ed=2016-04-18&u=gzuICE%2BHauVLbU96jwUhXA0d261b0b&t=1460989495&j=72440732

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy 46 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today i s supposed to be in the upper 60s. Had a nice steady soaking rain last night with more predicted for today.

A road trip is the only item on the agenda for today. First up is a trip to the car dealer to get a recall fixed. Service guy said it takes about 20 minutes. Then on to another town to visit a hobby shop. May find stuff for the Backyard & Southern. Also in that town is Harbor Freight. Then it's on to an outlet mall along interstate 80. Could be a fun trip.

Frank - Congratulations on a job well done!.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-19-2016

Morning all. Sunny and 70 degrees already. Watered tomato and pepper plants in greenhouse. Need to be in the ground. No time. Suddenly interview for TV. Told them my time and not theirs. They are the world's worse for trying to get you to jump when they call. Got a lunch and then Town Board tonight. Go visit Mrs. Dorothy in between.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-19-2016

Good morning to you all, I hope those of you that waited until the last minute to send in their tax forms were able to do it on time. I remember when I used to rush down to the mall where they had a group from the post office taking your tax returns up until midnight. Now, they were showing a list on TV yesterday where they're only doing it in the main Phoenix Post Office and about three other places around the valley. As usual, double the population and cut the services down to 25% of what it used to be.

Temps today in the mid to low 90's and high 90's by Friday. A bit cooler and a small...very small, chance of rain over the weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-19-2016

Hello Blue
Sun and 60 today. The 78 we had for 3 days is gone for now.
Playing back from York catch up. I didn't buy anything exciting but enjoyed seeing old acquaintances again.
Seems like April York attendance was down. Don't have the numbers though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-20-2016

Rise and shine. Cold front came through. Only 65 degrees out. Highs going to the low to mid 70's. Rubbing it in on the Yanks. Yesterday's 88 was not the norm for this time of the year.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 48 for today.

I accomplished all of yesterday's chores and put over 300 miles on the car. Fun trip and very relaxing.

This morning I've been to the bank, got the tires rotated on the car, and did some grocery shopping. As I left the store the rain started coming down pretty hard. It was raining even harder as I carried the groceries in from the car. Of course. as soon as I finished, the rain stopped.

Not much else on the agenda for today. I'm going to start a small pot of chili pretty soon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-20-2016

I have to begin getting ready for an Amateur Radio flea market next Sunday (May 1st). a few of us have to get a bunch of electronics and test equipment together to take there. an old friend that I used to help out passed away 18 months ago and his daughter and I decided to sell off all the spare equipment that the 4 of us have collected over the past 30 years Eek

So.... lots of things to go through, separate, research, price, and just move around. In the meantime, things are looking good here, still very busy at work and at home. Trying to keep my sanity rushing around going with the flow and keeping ahead of the game. Nope Eek

Chief: It's been nice here the past few days, the only issue is that it needs to rain, so us pollen sensitive people will be able to breath again Wallbang Allergies are NO fun!!!! Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-21-2016

Morning all, Well my trip to York didn't happen due to the truck being in the shop. Been doing some yard work instead, like I built a raised flower bed in the front yard about 4' x 15' it's kinda in a square way rounded at the ends. ( not sure how to word it need to get a pic and post I guess) Was checking out some dead branches the other day grabbed one to shake ( basically it went from the ground up fo about 15 - 20 feet well it came off in my hand so yeah I think that one was definitely dead. I ordered a electric chain saw for doing some trimming around here ( I can't have a gas one because the closeness to the spark-plug my hand is and I have a defibrillator. Well think it's time for breakfast. no plans for today other than take it easy. you all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-21-2016

Good Morning Blue
Lite rain and 60s today.
I did the first grass cut of the season yesterday. This time of year it is thick and green.
A lot of people water their lawns in the summer but I see it as too expensive. After all it's only grass and it will perk up after a rain.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 50 headed for sunny and 65. Looks to be a pleasant day for some yard work.

Yesterday was a quiet and somber day. It was the one year anniversary of the passing of My Fair Lady. Spent the day doing things she would have liked. Ran the Backyard & Southern for about an hour last night. Tried a fire but the logs were just smoldering. For some reason they didn't want to put out a nice flame.

On tap for today is some of the aforementioned yard work. Also a trip to the gym and maybe a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-22-2016

Morning. Been going slow. Not as young as I use to be. Day at lake house getting yard done and finishing cleaning out.

Wifey's landscape guy is here. Got to go.

Tom, nice you Yankee uses Southern in your RR name. Thumbsup

Later