The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-23-2016

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun and 60 by afternoon.
Our 3rail club meet is tonight.
The drive belt on my mower took a dump so I might have to rent a couple goats for awhile. I doubt the neighbors would approve though.
Don't tell the Chief that I got a hair cut yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-23-2016

What hair???? Wink Morning. Big rains yesterday afternoon and night. Stayed working in the Train Box until 2AM. Got 5 hours sleep. Up helping Wifey pack my 4 Runner for a Master Gardeners' event. Her car so full of mess can't get anything in it. Icon_lol Go visit Mrs. Dorothy and then chores.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 after an overnight low of 39. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s. Same for tomorrow until evening when the rain moves in through most of next week.

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while. Then after lunch did some yard work and had a fire in the pit. Today will be more outdoor stuff including maybe a bike ride later.

Frank - the Backyard & Southern is so named because I wanted to be inclusive, recognize the value of diversity, make everyone feel welcome, improve the self esteem of all, and any other currently popular buzz words. Or... it could be so named because it's in the backyard which is on the south side of the house. 357

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2016

Morning all. Out the door to lake house to do a walk thru to see if we have all the things we want before Friday. Closing Friday. 2285_
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-24-2016

And a good Sunday morning to you all.... The weather here is a bit crazy, we're still in the 90's today, but will drop to the low 80's by tomorrow and suppose to be pushing 100 by early next week. Oh, a bit of rain in there somewhere, but you can't count on it.

Been looking for a way to hook to TV to some wireless speakers. Just about everything now days is Bluetooth and our TV is not Bluetooth ready. I asked the guy over at Best Buy if there was a way without using Bluetooth and he showed me a soundbar that connected to the TV audio output and you can add as many remote wireless speakers as you like. A good solution, "the best speaker system money can buy", he says, but then again, $699 for the soundbar and about $100 a piece for the remote speakers just about dropped me to the floor. He's looking at me spending $1000 to replace a cable I now have running around the room, and no, I'm not setting up a surround-sound theater in our small family room, I just want to hear without turning up the volume where it will drive my wife crazy. I can't hear too well, and she can hear a pin drop across the street Icon_lol . "No more RF systems, and an audio to Bluetooth converter doesn't exist right now", he tells me. Well, it does, just that they are very particular what can be paired to them, but...... checking the Best Buy web site, I find a system they are selling that does what I want.... wireless using RF.... Oh, and they have it in stock at all Best Buy stores for $99 and it works with any 4 to 16 ohm speakers. Now I'll probably have to go to Goodwill and see if they have any of those speakers I gave them when we moved. I had three pair that I didn't think I'd ever use again. 35 The point of this story is simply, why doesn't a salesperson know what they have to sell, especially when someone walks away from their solution because it's too expensive and they do have what that person is looking for for a fraction of the price? Wallbang The other point is now you know why some people don't throw or give away anything, even if they haven't used it in 10 years.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-24-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy with some light sprinkles. Right now it's 63 headed for a guessed at high in the mid 70s. I have my doubts.

Yesterday I completed them Semi-annual Seasonal Shed Switch. The winter toys are put away and the summer toys are in the garage. Grilled some burgers last night to go with corn on the cob. Yummy supper.

On tap for today is a whole lot of nothing.

Frank - congratulations on selling the house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-24-2016

Don:
Can you get anything to work with earphones? Your wife might find that easier to tolerate.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s.

Grandson's hockey team is a finalist in the Kraft Hockeyville contest. Voting today and tomorrow. Will mean a good chunk of money for the team to improve their facilities.

Not much accomplished yesterday. I did repair the outdoor track. A rail joiner was failing. Easy fix. Switched from soldered to clamped rail joiner. Today I need to do some shopping and then a trip to the gym. Maybe a bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-25-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Don:
Can you get anything to work with earphones? Your wife might find that easier to tolerate.

Thanks for the suggestion David, the problem with that is that it is too isolating from my wife, especially with her condition. The Best Buy thing would work with a pair of separate speakers, but then Mikey (ngauger) came up with an even better solution, he has just what I need and is sending it to me. Good friends are hard to find, but not on Big Blue.... Cheers

Good morning everyone, wow, we're going from well above normal temps (low to mid 90's), to well below normal (the Weather Channel says 79 for today). This is the kind of weather that bugs you. We have the heater on in the morning, and the A/C on in the afternoon. Don't know how to deal with it. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2016

Sunny and 67. To hit the 80's today. Gardening day.
Tom, best of luck for your Grandson's win.
Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-25-2016

Morning all, Nice day here today getting up in the mid to upper 80's. No real plans other than getting more stuff organized in this room and move some of it to the garage for garage sale # 2 come June when the whole area has a Yard sale ( like 23 miles long yard sale) This time I will ensure it gets in the paper. They didn't do it last time.
Not much else going on here today. Hope all have a good day

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-25-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 60s today with thunder rain later this PM.
Home from my dental cleaning. My tooth got an A.
Tomorrow will be set up for the modular layout at Henry Fords Greenfield Village the live steam Thomas days are coming.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-25-2016

Sir James:
You just reminded me that there's a dental museum in the castle in Heidelberg, Germany.
People come from miles around to see the historical plaque.

(really is a museum)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-26-2016

I have been picked by German customs at Leipzig airport. Trainworld shipped an engine with DHL express as usual. That "should" be within 24 hours at my doorstep.
Bad mistake is they put the shipping cost (about $40) not on the invoice attached to the parcel. Customs complained and I had to supply proof of total cost. No big problem as the total amount was already on my credit card bill and I hoped the parcel will proceed the same day.

Big Mistake, they assume I tried some tax fraud and put the parcel in the loooooong line of parcels for in depth inspection. That is where it sits since Sunday and nobody knows when they will do the inspection :oops:

Watch Leipzig airport customs progress live at :
http://www.dhl-usa.com/content/us/en/express/tracking.shtml?AWB=1387235732&brand=DHL
ps. Ignore the detail text of the last event on Monday, it is misleading. I am in constant contact with DHL at the airport.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-26-2016

Morning all. 71 degrees already. Out to the garden in a few. My 75 model British Leyland tractor has bee a good one. Gave me a fit yesterday. Plus the old type 3 point hitch means everything has to back up perfect to align. Told Wifey that by next year this time, new John Deere with the new type of three point hitch would be here. Got to get plants in the garden. Didn't get that done due to tractor quitting on me serval times. Hew plugs seemed to be the answer [they were not that old].
Faraway, what a hassle. Good luck.

Have a good one.