The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 04-26-2016

Morning all, Not much going on here today. I need to cut the grass before it gets to hot or after it cools down this evening. ( need to put new blade on it first lol. But most of today ( unless I get sidetracked ) will be repairing some tenders. I have 2 2671's I need to put back together. Have parts coming on them today ( two new whistles ) will just have to solder everything back in. Rewiring the 6 wheel trucks pick-up is the hardest part for me.
Well guess it's time to get moving and have some breakfast.
Faraway hope you get it soon
You all have a good day. 69* at present going up to 85* today

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-26-2016

Happy me. I talked to a DHL representative and he talked to customs to inspect my parcel now. they did it within less than a minute and it is scheduled to go to Stuttgart this night 2285_
I was seriously concerned because we will be on vacation next week and I was running out of time to receive the parcel and pay 19% tax until Friday at latest.
The spring has been put on hold since yesterday. It is around freezing point with a little bit of snow and ice on the roads.

Received a letter from the pension fund of my old employer to proof my current address. They are afraid I am gone and my wife collects the full pension instead of the widow pension. Companies can be "funny" when they see a chance to save money.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 04-26-2016

faraway Wrote:Received a letter from the pension fund of my old employer to proof my current address. They are afraid I am gone and my wife collects the full pension instead of the widow pension. Companies can be "funny" when they see a chance to save money.
Icon_lol "Corporations" Icon_lol Guess that regardless of nationality, the "corporate,s" are all "cut from the same cloth". Wink Wink Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-26-2016

Reinhard:
that is quite common. I've been retired for 15 years and haven't had an inquiry, but my wife receives one every few years. Possibly my medical claims let them know I'm still alive.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 04-27-2016

Looks like the pension fund is quite serious. They claim I ignored a letter from February this year. This letter was a registered letter!
I need to confirm and get the stamp and signature of the city, a layer, an attesting notary, my general practitioner or my bank. My bank was so kind so stamp and sign immediately.
They state also I have to cover all cost that might arise from this verification. The letter is in german, english, french and Spanish language. They state also I will go through this process annually.
ps. It is a US company but the pension fund is a German company branch under specific German pension fund law.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cold, windy, and rainy here in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa. It's 43 degrees headed for a high of 50 with rain off and on through tomorrow.

Yesterday I managed all the shopping that I had planned to do on Monday. Monday turned into a blah day with no ambition. Yesterday was much more productive. So far today I've been to the gym. Just put some beef ribs in the crock pot for supper. No major plans yet for this afternoon.

My son had his first day back to work yesterday. Went fairly well. He said he was sore and tired. I told him each day will get better. Next milestone will be in 3-4 months when we do the next PET scan.

I was planning to head to Nebraska to visit some friends next week but after talking to my granddaughter this morning I may wait. She is due to deliver my 8th great-grandchild (her 4th child) at any time.

Reinhard - games like that are why I took my retirement in a lump sum. Turned it over to a financial planner and let him worry about making me money.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-28-2016

Morning. Sick again. Hope just cold and not lingering tick thing. Congested some but fever. Been fighting it for days. Hope to wrap up this lake house thing. What a mess. VA is something. The lawyer up there is not being legal per my realtor. Who cares as electronic transfer of funds to me. Get my money, who cares. Buyer's problem. Tired of lawyer's procrastination is not my emergency.

Tom, good luck Gramps.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-28-2016

Good Morning Blue
Lite rain and only 48 today.
April is gone and not any really nice days at all.
Grass cutting season is here so the snow blower is degassed and put away.
The lawn really looks thick and green until the summer dry spell turns it brown.
No train news today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-29-2016

Good morning all, yup, another weekend is upon us. Nothing special in store here. It's suppose to rain this weekend, but then again, it was suppose to rain yesterday and last weekend too, but it didn't.... I remember living in Houston and the weather report was always "20% chance of rain". Sunny or raining, that was always the report. You can't go wrong like that. We had an electronic manufacturing business before we retired, can you just imagine us telling customers that there's a 20% chance that the product you just bought will work? 35 Or buy a car that's advertised as having a 50% chance of getting you to where you're going? 35 Tell me another industry where you can do that other than the weather predictors.... I just read the Weather Channel report for tomorrow. "Mostly sunny with a"....yeah, "20% chance of rain". Icon_lol

Anyway, have a great weekend, rain or shine. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-29-2016

Morning all. Big storms rolled through yesterday afternoon late and last night. Damage round. I was lucky. Trees on some out buildings next door and so on. Some new houses on a hill with no trees had siding and shingles blown off. Grady next door said he rode up in his yard and car started shaking bad. Worse a few miles east of us. Some farmers had damage. Lucky no tornados.

Lake house sold. 2285_ Never buy a second home. Too much trouble.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool at 41 degrees this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 50s. It was supposed to be that temp yesterday but never made it past 45. Rain starts tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. Could be up to an inch or so.

Quiet day yesterday and today appears to be another one. Need to do some grocery shopping for the weekend. For those interested the Russian F1 race on Sunday will be on CNBC starting at 7 AM Eastern time.

Frank - hope you're feeling better. Congratulations on selling the house.

Prayers for Mrs. Daze and others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - MountainMan - 04-29-2016

Snowed all last night and all today here in my part of the Colorado Rockies. It's quite pretty. although the outdoor cats don't like it at all! 8-)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Rainy and cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 43 degrees with a high in the upper 40s for today. The rain is supposed to last through tomorrow afternoon.

Bought a new lawn mower yesterday. While I was in the store my ex boss walked in. Chatted with him for a few minutes. He had just bought the same mower a week ago.

Nothing on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-30-2016

Waiting for a few non-rainy days here so I can cut the lawn Sad Sad

Today is get ready for flea market day. Have to be awake at 4:00 am tomorrow to get to there by 6:00 and set up. Sad Sad Of course, there is rain in the forecast, Shoot but this is mostly indoors and it's a rain or shine event due to the travelling vendors.

It's all electronics computers and amateur radio equipment, so I'm scouring the house for things to sell Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 04-30-2016

Good morning one and all.

Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then I'm bored and restless so,I'm going to point the nose of my Buick toward Galion and have a big plate of gravy and biscuits at a mom and pop restaurant then go to the hobby shop in Mansfield.

On the modeling front I'm working on another SW1500 for my Summerset Ry.This will be #150. I'm thinking about adding a SW1000 to my Slate Creek Rail roster but,not sure yet,that may go to SSRy.

I shall have a cup or two and look over da forum.

Have a good 'un! Thumbsup