The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-08-2016

Good morning folks, I hope your weekend is going well. Our prayers are with those that are in the path of that fire up in Alberta. I don't know if anyone here is, but the best for them and everyone else, we hope they can get this massive fire under control very soon.

Got to go out in the desert target shooting yesterday. My friend's wife stayed with mine while we went out, giving us both a needed break. It was nice out there, cool and overcast. There were a few sprinkles of rain, but that didn't happen until we just started to drive back. Someone shooting near us had a full automatic and fired off rounds several times. Think about it, you can shoot about $50 worth of ammo in a few seconds that way. They also had a big boom go off, either they shot an artillery shell, shot off a cannon or they had one of those exploding targets. Whatever they did, I'm sure they had a great time, and an expensive one as well. I'm not sure I like to shoot that close to someone like that, but they seemed to be well disciplined in gun safety. We've moved or left more than once when someone next to us was obviously not too careful. One time a few months ago, a group came by and they were out setting up their targets in our line of sight.... while we were shooting .Crazy Shoot We left a few minutes later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-08-2016

Good Mothers Day Morning Blue
We have sun and 67 for today's high.
No plans for the day, I offered twice but granny wants to eat at home today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-08-2016

Morning all. Been out sitting at the one of several umbrella tables in Wifey's gardens. She got a gift certificate to the super big garden/nursery center here. She's happy.

Best to all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-09-2016

Morning. Off to the farms down east. Going to collect ticks. Eek Will spray good this trip. Going to move some deer stands.

Have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another rainy day in progress. So far we have a half inch of rain with more on the way. 55 right now headed for 70.

Busy day yesterday. Got the outdoor track repaired, went for a bike ride, and got the laundry caught up. Today I need to finish packing and head to my son's place. Tomorrow we get the results back from the PET scan.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-10-2016

Good morning all. It's been just about on target here as far as temps go, but wait, there's more.... (sounds like a late night commercial on TV). Yes, we're once again headed into the triple-digits come Thursday.

I got this letter from the Bank of American yesterday. Basically it says, "Dear Donald F. Day, we can't find some information on Donald F. Day, so please furnish us the following missing information:
  • Full first name,
  • Middle initial
  • Full last name"
Uh, gee, I really don't think I'm going to answer that. It could be some sort of scam, but if the Bank of America is that dumb, I don't think I want to deal with them anyway.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-10-2016

Morning all. Down east trip to move a big box stand was a great success. Back before too late. Cloudy and going into the 80's. Chores and then one meeting on food pantries.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-10-2016

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all. It's been just about on target here as far as temps go, but wait, there's more.... (sounds like a late night commercial on TV). Yes, we're once again headed into the triple-digits come Thursday.

I got this letter from the Bank of American yesterday. Basically it says, "Dear Donald F. Day, we can't find some information on Donald F. Day, so please furnish us the following missing information:
  • Full first name,
  • Middle initial
  • Full last name"
Uh, gee, I really don't think I'm going to answer that. It could be some sort of scam, but if the Bank of America is that dumb, I don't think I want to deal with them anyway.... Nope
I think the banking systems have gotten "hit" again... I received an e-mail (Comcast account) asking me to verify my Bank of America account activity.

First, I have not had an account with them in over 10 years and second, I never signed in, online, at all with them. So what is there to verify?? Shoot

Then in the regular mail, both the wife & I received letters from Citizens Bank saying that since we have been loyal customers, we are eligible for a second mortgage at almost 1%. No issues there except that we have never, ever dealt with Citizens Bank. So both letters are now in a hundred or so pieces in the shredder bin. 357 Goldth 357

2 days ago I received an e-mail from the bank I actually deal with (TD) and it said that my information "may have been compromised. Please sign in and change your password". I hovered the mouse pointer over the link and the address that showed up, was some random set of letters not even close to "tdbank". Oh well... Deleted!!!! Smile

So, I'm thinking that the banks have been hacked and some set of ignoramuses are trying to scam people.

Now another issue I have, is that, I've been trying to find assisted living for my brother who has epilepsy. My e-mail is "out there" as the contact. Well, after 2 months, I'm getting about 10 e-mails a month for; walk in tubs, dentures, elderly couples sites, reverse mortgages etc. etc. etc..... Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-10-2016

Yup, I regularly get email telling me that my account is now frozen or compromised at some bank I've never dealt with, and my answer is "FINE, go freeze it please".... We get daily phone cons from "Microsoft tech support", or some credit card service company or people doing cold calls asking personal info. I got one of those "Grandfather" calls a while back from my "granddaugter" that was in jail for carrying drugs. At the time, both of them were in school and weren't old enough to sound like that girl that called anyway. I'm waiting to get that "jury duty" call. We did get the "you owe the IRS money and we're coming to get you", scam call a few weeks ago, but we were out and they just left a recording... twice...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-10-2016

As far as I am concerned, spamming, hacking, AND telemarketing, should be a death penalty offense, and for hacking? Icon_twisted They should be "hacked".
With all the internet sites I visit, the number of these " ne'er-do-wells " just about outnumbers the abilities of the "anti- programs" :evil: Wallbang

All that said.... a huge THANK YOU to the Administrators of this board for keeping it as clean as they do. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-10-2016

I got tired of the Do-Not-Call list expiring after 6 months. I now have the cell phone set to only allow calls that come from people on my contact list Goldth

That solved the problem, until one of my friends got a new phone and forgot to tell me. He had to call me on his daughter's phone and tell me to add his new number. Icon_lol

But it is nice to not have to remember to add the numbers back into the list every 6 months...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-10-2016

We use call-ID and the answering machine. If you don't leave a message, don't expect a call-back. (I'm not my father, who would do the trace number routine and call anyone who had rung.)
My rules put anything with "Bulk" in the title into Junk.

Don: if anyone asks, can I give them you names and initial? Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-11-2016

ngauger Wrote:I got tired of the Do-Not-Call list expiring after 6 months. I now have the cell phone set to only allow calls that come from people on my contact list Goldth ...
From my understanding, the Do-not-call list doesn't expire. The problem is that too many people ignore it and call anyway. One guy that called told me that he got our number from a list on a CD that he bought. He thought that it was OK to call everyone on it. I tell some of those people (if I don't hang up first), why would I buy anything from someone that calls me when they know that it's illegal to call in the first place?

BR60103 Wrote:...Don: if anyone asks, can I give them you names and initial? Nope
Just refer them to the Bank of America to find out.... they know, well, maybe they don't... 35 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a foggy 52 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 60s but I won't be here for that.

Monday afternoon I drove to my son's place in eastern Iowa. Yesterday we got the results back from his PET scan (more on that in a minute). Talked with two different doctors who said they are sending all info to the Tumor Review Board (apparently that's a thing) and we would get a call within "a couple of weeks" for an appointment. I came home and my son went to work. By the time I got home my son called. Our appointment is tomorrow. So, I'll be back in the car for another three hours this afternoon.

Now to the results of the scan - at present, there is no detectable cancer in his system. Finally some good news. No further treatment is recommended at this time. Caveat - this is not to say that the cancer won't return. That's a 5 year wait. The tumor review Board will review his records. In addition, we'll have a CT scan in the morning before meeting with toe Board. Please keep the prayers, good thoughts, rubber chicken sacrifices, or whatever, coming. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for us.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-11-2016

Morning. Calling for chance of showers later. Really don't need. Got ribbon cutting and errands today.

Tom, prayers as always. Safe driving back and forth.

Have a good one.