The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 48 with a predicted high of 66. It's supposed to be cool until the end of the week when we'll finally see temps in the 70s where they're supposed to be this time of year.

Yesterday was a food day. I ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Just could not get filled up. Today I plan to go to they gym and ride the bike. Also this afternoon I should mow the yard (which I didn't do yesterday because I was too busy eating).

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-16-2016

We had the water softener replaced today. The old one was out of the circuit for 2 weeks. Should only take a couple more baths to get all the hard water out of the water heater.
Another half hour and I should have the building completed that I started at the train show.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-17-2016

Good morning all. Well, one of my biggest fears of buying a house with high ceilings is having a battery in a smoke detector go out, happened yesterday. Fortunately, that "CHIRP, CHIRP" didn't start until we were awake, but I knew I had to replace the battery before we went back to bed since it was in our bedroom, the one with the vaulted ceiling. Total cost came to $135.60... Uh, that included not only new batteries, but a new ladder since I no longer had one that could reach to 14' where the smoke detector was mounted. But, I am now the proud owner of one of those ladders that can be configured 23 different ways according to the ad. Applause One problem is that the manual (one huge sheet attached to the ladder) only shows you five configurations and asks the question, "how many ladders can you make with...." I would think they would already know that, and be kind enough to tell you. 35 Anyway, I doubt that I'll ever need more than two or three configurations, so I'm OK with not knowing the other 18. This one is not as versatile as the one they show on those TV infomercials, but then again, I didn't pay nearly as much as they're asking for that one. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day in progress. Right now it's 63 and it's supposed to go up by only one more degree.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I got all my chores done. So proud of myself! After all the work was done I got the Hotshot Freight out and ran it for two hours. Fixed myself a steak and baked potato for supper and went back out and ran the train for another hour. A very good day marred only by one tank car that is acting up. It keeps causing derailments. I checked the wheel gauge and even replaced the wheel sets. Still acting up. Today I'll check to see if anything is inhibiting the free movement of the trucks.

Also today I've been to the gym and started the laundry. After lunch I'll continue to work on laundry and maybe go for a bike ride.

Continuing prayers for Mrs. Daze and all others who need it.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-17-2016

Hello Blue
We had a hi of 60 today.
Out to lunch with my wife and 3 of her HS classmates.
Cut and trimmed the grass yesterday, it was tall and thick, so the whacking turned into quire a chore. Sunday I cut a lot of dead wood out of an old lilac bush. It's real pretty when in bloom so I hope it can be saved.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-18-2016

Rushing by. Rainy and 58 degrees. Tomato plants growing. Meetings and more meetings. Home at 10:30 last night. Out again today. Wifey sending Mom to facility. Stressed out. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-18-2016

Good morning all, here we are at Hump Day, I never really liked that term but for some reason, the people we had working in our assembly area used it all the time. I'm not sure if that was complementary or a good thing or not though....

It rained last night as forecast. Well, I'm not sure what kind of prediction it was since they were wavering between wind and rain, and just wind with rain up to the north. I guess that's what we all call, "hedging your bets". It's overcast right now and they say around a 20% chance or rain early today. Temps are in the high 80's, about 10 degrees below normal, but go right back up starting tomorrow. Our A/C is confused and one minute it's too cold, the next it's too hot.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-19-2016

Good morning everyone, it's getting close to another weekend, a hot one for us unless you go up north where they were showing pictures of snow on the TV news yesterday.

Just a note, but I'm thinking that I grumble and complain a lot, I guess that comes from being retired with too much time on my hands and remembering how things used to be. One thing about being retired is that you get to watch daytime TV more than you would like. One complaint there is that these "news" and "talk" shows all push us to exercise a lot and to eat healthy. Well, I'm sitting in front of the TV because I'm tired and don't feel the need to exercise. I'm so much more happier eating things that please me as well, so get off my back with those fancy exercises and "great tasting" healthy foods. One thing that got me yesterday was this person was showing the host how to use healthy substitute foods on common "non-healthy" recipes. She was making "rice pudding", but substituted cauliflower for the rice. My question was, why isn't it called, "cauliflower pudding" rather than "rice pudding" since there wasn't a trace of rice in it? And how about her using black beans instead of flour in her chocolate brownies, should they be "chocolate bean thingys"? Come on, these things can't taste like the real thing, regardless of how the host of the show reacts..."wow, I could eat a dozen of these things they're soooooo goooood".... then he spits them out off camera.... Crazy

Enough complaining for today, but sometimes retirement can be a joy to behold.... Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-19-2016

Morning. Cloudy and 62 degrees. No much on calendar today. Eek Mainly "my stuff". Would have to be messy out.

Got to get moving. Coffee down and dogs out and in again.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be near 70.

Yesterday I made it to the gym for the third day in a row. Lately that's been difficult to accomplish. Also got a call from a friend that I hadn't heard from in a long time. I tried getting in touch with her back in January when I received a Christmas card that started out "Dear Carol." I knew then that she hadn't heard about My Fair Lady. I will be stopping in to see her when I travel to Nebraska next week.

On tap for today will be yet another trip to the gym. This afternoon I need to get in touch with the IRS. Seems there's a problem with my tax refund. I'll try and get that straightened out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-19-2016

ezdays Wrote:Just a note, but I'm thinking that I grumble and complain a lot, I guess that comes from being retired with too much time on my hands and remembering how things used to be. One thing about being retired is that you get to watch daytime TV more than you would like. Enough complaining for today, but sometimes retirement can be a joy to behold.... Applause

Don,
The daytime TV that I watch is usually things like the Travel Channel, shows like American Pickers, or, The History Channel.
I do most of my "grumbling", when I see idiots driving like they owned the whole road, or driving at 30 MPH, in a 60 MPH speed zone. My biggest gripe are the drivers who have no idea what a directional signal is used for.

Today, I have to get the trailer set up, and loaded. Tomorrow is "set-up" for a train show in Kenosha, Wi. on 21, and 22 May.
I'll get the car loaded tomorrow. Three of the modules go in the trailer, the fourth, goes in the car, along with all the boats, ships, removable buildings etc., all the rolling stock, and my favorite folding chair. Conversation is more enjoyable, when I'm not "on my feet".
This may not be the biggest of the annual shows, but it is a fun one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-19-2016

Sumpter250 Wrote:Don,
The daytime TV that I watch is usually things like the Travel Channel, shows like American Pickers, or, The History Channel.
I do most of my "grumbling", when I see idiots driving like they owned the whole road, or driving at 30 MPH, in a 60 MPH speed zone. My biggest gripe are the drivers who have no idea what a directional signal is used for.

Pete,

Some of these shows I'm talking about are local, and disguised as "news".... I don't need a "newscast" to tell me how to exercise using a bouncy ball or a rubber band to make me "healthy", nor do I want to see anyone that wants to mess with my food to make it "healthy" to eat. Sometimes, saturated fat, real sugar or gluten makes food taste as good as it does... just my opinion... and yeah, we have those kinds of drivers around here as well, not cool. We have people show up driving a 50' articulated RV towing an SUV and a boat driving 25 mph in the fast lane because they're going to turn onto the freeway some 20 miles down the road, then watch for them to cut across three lanes about ten feet from where they'll be turning because they really wanted to turn right. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-19-2016

Hello Blue
Finally, sun and 70s. NO rain for awhile.
Got the car washed and will do some things outside.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-20-2016

Greetings,gang.

Cloudy and 52 outside my window this morning with a predicted high of cloudy and 71. 80 by next week.

Busy day ahead for me. First up is a trip to Menards and Walmart. Then off to the gym. This afternoon I'm going to try the IRS again. Never made it yesterday but I did get an ongoing problem with the outdoor track resolved.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-20-2016

ezdays Wrote:Pete,
We have people show up driving a 50' articulated RV towing an SUV and a boat driving 25 mph in the fast lane because they're going to turn onto the freeway some 20 miles down the road, then watch for them to cut across three lanes about ten feet from where they'll be turning because they really wanted to turn right. 35

Icon_twisted Or........ they are Significanty Terminal Unconscious Positively Idiotic Drivers !!! Wink Icon_lol :mrgreen:

Or maybe their GPS is :oops: :oops: malfunctioning ! Icon_lol