The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day. It's 57 now headed for a high in the mid 70s.

Got all my errands run yesterday morning and spent most of the afternoon outside working in the yard. I reballasted a section of track and used some Tite Bond III to secure it, using the same techniques I use on the HO track. While at Menards I found some weed killer that is supposed to kill grasses and leave the ground cover intact. I put some on a test section and will see how it works.

I called the IRS yesterday afternoon. I expected a delay. The recording told me it would be a half hour to 45 minutes. Apparently I misunderstood it because the wait was a half hour plus 45 minutes. After the hour and fifteen minute wait the actual phone call took 5 minutes. All that to tell me that it will be another 5 weeks before I see my refund.

Today's agenda is as yet somewhat nebulous but will involve outdoor activities.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-21-2016

Afternoon here. Cloudy and 70 degrees. Town phone calls all morning. Wallbang

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more sunny day before the rain moves in. 61 now headed for 83 and breezy. Rain chances start tonight and remain in the forecast for the entire week.

Today is packing day. I'm headed for Nebraska in the morning to complete a journey I started last August. On the way home I'll be stopping in to see my newest great-granddaughter. Looks to be a fun trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2016

Good Sunday morning to you all. Around here, temps are running up and down from normal. We've been in the high 80's for a few days now and will be 90° +/- until the end of the week. This will be well under normal until around Friday when we'll be back pushing 100 again. And no rain in the forecast, meaning of course, that it could just pop up when that big low that they show on the map goes wild and tries to mingle with that high sitting somewhere in the Pacific. Just speculating, that's all I can do, and that's basically what those TV weather people seem to do a lot as well.... Icon_lol

Nothing remarkable going on for us, just have the need to stay close to home and try to keep busy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-22-2016

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun with a Hi 0f 69 today. 76 tomorrow will be just right for cutting grass. Sigh
The 3 rail modular layout I have been helping with is finished and for the first time. Trains ran on it yesterday afternoon.
Well finished for now. provisions and wiring are in place for a fourth loop. Fastrack w/96 inch curves.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-22-2016

Afternoon all. Spent all morning and most of the afternoon at local black Church. The special service was about their food panty [clothes too]. They feed 400 to 600 people a week. In this small town. Folks come for all around and other counties. Great service they do for the hungry. My talk was right on as it is one of my passions. Fed me well for lunch. Misty rain and 63 degrees. Rest now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2016

Morning. Misty rain and 58 degrees. Weather guessers said gone my noon and warming. Now saying all day. Suppose to dry out and hit near 90 this week. Need to put tomato baskets over tomato plants. Growing too tall with this wet weather. Got some with tomatoes on them.

Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-23-2016

Weekend train show is over and done. Trailer full of modules is waiting in the garage for me to unload it and get everything back down in the basement. I did get the car unloaded last night....all that is now on top of the trailer.
My back, didn't appreciate all the lifting and carrying, and that's not over just yet, so I'll be a bit more "achy" when everything is back where it belongs. The show went beautifully, and I had lots of great conversations, so it's all worth the effort, and related discomfort, for a few days. My C&O 2-6-6-2, got a lot of time on the main line tracks, pulling a "reasonable length" train, for several one hour periods.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-24-2016

Hello Blue
A beautiful day....85 degrees.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-25-2016

Morning. Out the door early. Headed east to the farms. Deer stand work. Have to go when I can and when not raining. Fair and 58. Suppose to hit the high 80's today.

Worked yesterday at the museum the lady is doing in one of the oldest houses in Rolesville. Got all her shrubs and trees trimmed. Now the grounds look good.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2016

Greetings,gang.

Sunny and 79 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. Highs near 80 and lows near 60 with chances of rain every day through next Wed.

Had a great trip. Drove to Beatrice, Nebraska, to visit train friends there. Spent Tuesday morning the the Spring Creek Hobby Shop in Deshler, NE, where I picked up two of the new Athearn version of the MDC EMD Model 40 critter. Will test run them later this week. Then in the afternoon we went to Belvedere, NE. The town has set up a train watching area with picnic tables and a covered area right on the UP mainline. Just after we arrived a local appeared and proceeded to switch out the local grain elevator. Really fun to watch. Then after supper we went to another friend's house and spent a couple of hours switching on his layout.

Then yesterday I headed to Omaha to visit my newest great-granddaughter and her three siblings. Oh, yeah. Mom and dad (my granddaughter and her husband) were there also.

Drove home today and will be resting for a day or two.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-27-2016

Good Friday morning to you all. I can't believe that yet another week has passed and we're a few days away from June. Eek In just about three more weeks it'll be Summer already and we can look for a steady stream of well over 100° days here. So far our temps have been mild. I can't tell for sure right now, the Weather Channel is telling me that my desktop app is out of date and it won't support the older version, but then when I try to update it, Windows 10 tells me that I'd better be cautious and advises me not to do it. Their warnings can be a bit scary, and for some reason, they want me to update it using IE and I never use IE or even the new Win 10 browser, whatever it's called. I guess MS is just trying to protect us, after all, they call me on a regular basis to tell me that I have a problem with my "computtor" and that I should let them take it over to help me get rid of the problem.... Yeah, sure...I don't think so... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-27-2016

Hello Blue
just checking in.
Sun and 80s into next week.
A few laps with the trains to polish the rails.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 05-27-2016

ezdays Wrote:I guess MS is just trying to protect us, after all, they call me on a regular basis to tell me that I have a problem with my "computtor" and that I should let them take it over to help me get rid of the problem.... Yeah, sure...I don't think so... Nope

I get the calls " Your computer is generating error messages", and then what they can do to fix that problem. I finally reached my "breaking point", and told them, " next time you call me with this tale of woe, YOU will become an "error message".
It's been a while since the last call. Wink

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-27-2016

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:I guess MS is just trying to protect us, after all, they call me on a regular basis to tell me that I have a problem with my "computtor" and that I should let them take it over to help me get rid of the problem.... Yeah, sure...I don't think so... Nope

I get the calls " Your computer is generating error messages", and then what they can do to fix that problem. I finally reached my "breaking point", and told them, " next time you call me with this tale of woe, YOU will become an "error message".
It's been a while since the last call. Wink

One time I told one of these guys to do something that was physically impossible. :o He was not amused and let loose with a tirade of obscenities that would make even a seasoned sailor blush. :oops: It did prove that I was able to push the right buttons and get him upset though, which kind of made my day.... Applause