The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-03-2016

Morning. Fair, 74 degrees and 90% humidity. Off to local bakery as it is NATIONAL DONUT DAY. Opened my big mouth the other day. Seems someone told folks to meet the Mayor there this AM at 8. Go out and get some donuts.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-03-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny right now with clouds moving in later. The clouds will be bringing an 80% chance of thunderstorms this evening. Right now it's 64 headed for a high in the low 80s.

Had a nice time at beer and bereavement last night. Next weeks meeting will be in my back yard. Invited everyone to see the trains before a special meeting at hospice house for people who have lost loved ones.

On tap for today is a trip to Walmart and then running the edger around the sidewalks and patio. Coming down with a cold so not in top form today.

David - clever idea on the mouse cords.

Frank - have fun with the donuts and thanks for the reminder.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2016

Good morning all. Yup, today is indeed National Donut Day. Lot's of places giving away a free donut, but I can''t see driving five miles and waiting in line to get one, so we'll head over to our local Safeway store where donuts are $5.00 a dozen today. We still keep the spirit of the day and not have to go out into the blazing heat for a long trip. We used to go to Dunkin Donuts and get them fresh. I remember when they played those commercials showing one guy leaving and his twin coming in to continue making fresh donuts. Now I understand that they are delivered to the stores frozen, putting those twins out of a job and ruining yet another tradition. No, we don't go the Dunkin anymore....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-03-2016

Hello Blue
It's been in the 80s all week with just a few passing showers.
We finished the modular layout today so it will be ready for next Saturday's annual outdoor club meet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-04-2016

Happy Birthday Chief!!

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8891">viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8891</a><!-- l -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-04-2016

Hey Mr. Mayor, happy birthday to you as well.... 548 Have a great day Frank. Applause

Good morning all. Well, we went out a bit after 1:00 yesterday afternoon, and on the way home, the car outside temp reading showed 116. Officially, I think we hit 114, but it doesn't matter. Once it gets over 110, you really can't tell the difference. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to make points. I still remember in June of 1990 when it hit 122, the only difference I could see was that the parking lot seemed a bit squishy. Yeah, you could actually leave footprints in parts of the blacktop. :o Flights out of the Phoenix airport were halted because their charts didn't go up that high to know what settings they needed for takeoff. Anyway, today will break another record, two to be exact. It's suppose to be three degrees hotter than the record, and it will be the earliest date for over 115 on record. I hope this isn't an indication of what the rest of the summer will be like. Going into a pool or spa to cool down is futile, it's like going into bath water at this point.

Then I see those folks back east battling floods and tornadoes and I don't feel so bad anymore. Good luck to all those that are dealing with this kind of weather.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-04-2016

Hello Blue
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to da CHIEF. 548
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-04-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day under way. Right now it's 70 after an overnight low of 57. We got a bout 3/4 inch of rain last evening. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s.

Yesterday was a busy day. Got some groceries, put down some more rock in the outdoor layout, ran the edger around the sidewalks, patio, and driveway, and mowed the yard. Today I've been to Menards already and picked up 6 more bags of rock. That brings the total so far to 21 bags. At ~40 lbs. per bag that works out to over a ton and a half of rock that I've moved by had in the last couple of weeks. How did I come to that figure, you ask? Move d them from the shelf to the cart. Then from the cart to the car. Then from the car to the patio. and then from the patio to the track.

On tap for today is more vegetation killer and a bike ride.

Happy birthday to the Chief!

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-04-2016

Thanks gang. Finally getting out to mow. 87 degrees and 69% humidity [already].
May have to replace a deck bearing in the JD. Seems to vibrate and its new blades.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 06-04-2016

sir james Wrote:Hello Blue
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to da CHIEF. 548
S.J.
I'll join the chorus...Have a good one...and many more..!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-05-2016

Good morning from steamy Arizona. Well, it would be steamy if there was any moisture, but for now, all we have is heat. We're back to burning ourselves by touching any metal on our vehicles that are parked outside. And no, there's no room in our garage for a car, never has been and never will be. Nope Still, the garage is like an oven, just that it's not exposed to the direct sun which can cause the inside of a vehicle to go well past 150 degrees in no time. Yesterday was another record breaker, but it only got up to 115 in Phoenix where they keep track of stuff like that. Today could be up to 116 here in Surprise, possibly higher. As for low temps, we're running in the mid to high 80's in the morning and I've seen worse where it never got below the high 90's all day. By Wednesday, we have a cold front moving in and temps will plummet down the around 107. Lots of fun living here in the desert in the summertime. Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-05-2016

Morning all. 77 degrees and cloudy. Chance of T'storms this afternoon and evening. Off to Church to honor the Grads. Special service.

Have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-05-2016

Good Morning Blue.
Sun now, going to 85 later. We are about an hour away from an approaching storm. It's a slow mover so there will be a few hours of rain.
115 degrees!!!!!...To hot for me. That's why I would be a snow bird. I don't like winters snow but I wouldn't like 115 either. One midnight in Vegas it was still 103, I do remember that. No plans for today. Will stay close till the storm passes.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 57 with a high in the mid 70s. Cooler tomorrow then warming through the rest of the week with 90s by the weekend.

Got some more rock down on the Backyard & Southern yesterday then ran the Afternoon Special (passenger train) for about an hour.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and maybe some more yard work.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-06-2016

Morning. Sunny and 79 degrees. 82% humidity. County Commissioners and Town Board. Have a great week ahead.