The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly sunny and 72 headed for 97 today. One of the warmest days we've had in several years. Hot again tomorrow and Monday. Rain chances begin Monday evening through Wednesday.

Had a very quiet day yesterday. Ran a few errands in the morning and spent the rest of the day indoors. Today looks to be the same level of activity minus the errands.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-11-2016

Morning all. 86 degrees already. Going into the 90's. Humidity is up too. Outside chores to do.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-12-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more day of temps in the 90s today before it goes back to the 80s. 79 right now headed for 93.

Spent the day inside yesterday and will again today. I did go to a community playhouse presentation of a British farce of "Tom, Dick, and Harry." Made for a pleasant evening out.

Today's entertainment will be the Canadian Grand Prix at 1 and the new season of "The Last Ship" at 8.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-12-2016

Morning. Out with Wifey watering plants and pots. High today in the high 90's. Already 92.
Sad day in Orlando. Waiting for the real truth. One NBC reporter saying radicalized and one saying don't know. Get your act together. Folks calling for gun control and others saying no. A mess. Should be thinking of those families with dead and those wounded.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-12-2016

Hello Blue
80 t0day, 92 yesterday.
But at least the dire threat of storms did not occur yesterday.
So we had a very successful outdoor club meet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 73 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be 90.

Oldest daughter showed up for a visit yesterday morning. Fed her some lunch and then watched a very entertaining F1 race. While she was here oldest grandson called. He invited me to come to his girlfriend's house for dinner. Had a very pleasant dinner and met girlfriend's parents. She could possibly become a future granddaughter. If she does it will up my great-grandcild count to 10. She is a widow with two small boys.

Today's agenda will start with breakfast (very soon) and some shopping. The remainder of the day will be spent indoors.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-13-2016

Morning. Been watching the news. How they slant it. One network has its agenda and the other one opposite.

Cooler today and less humid. Garden work this AM. Mayor work this afternoon.

Farms tomorrow working on more stands.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-14-2016

Good morning all, it's been a bit chilly around here the past few days, temps have been just around 100, give or take. We are in for a big change though, we could be pushing 120 by this weekend. I can't be sure, I've seen number anywhere from 114 to 119 for Saturday, and Sunday didn't look too much better. If we do hit 119, it will, of course, be a record for that day, plus it will be the fourth hottest day on record for Phoenix. Surrounding areas could go higher.

Other than that, nothing else worthwhile is going on. Oh, I really love HOA's, they're so meticulous and caring. Nope I got a citation letter the other day, they enclosed a photo of our van with two tires off the driveway and onto the gravel. I have violated one of their rules by about all of six inches in order to make it easy for my wife to open the door and get out without hitting our truck. I would widen our driveway, but they have rules against that too. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 72 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be n the mid 80s with some storms possible this evening. Yesterday afternoon we picked up over an inch and a half of rain in a little over an hour.

Quiet day yesterday. I did do some grocery shopping. Ran into a neighbor couple as I was leaving Walmart. Also got a call from my son last night. Next PET scan is on July 18. Very anxious to see the results of that.

Not much planned for today. My usual Thursday night beer and bereavement will be tonight as one of the members is moving to Seattle. She will be missed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-14-2016

Good Morning Blue
This is June 14....Flag Day
Our club video is on line at OGR. Detroit3railers.
Sun & clouds today, 70s.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-15-2016

Morning. 79 degrees and cloudy. Off to Mayor's duties. Still tired from yesterday's work at the farm.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-15-2016

Good morning everyone, a nice few days here, but then as they say, "changes are a comin'..." They're still forecasting temps over 115 for this weekend, but the 119 is now moved to Monday. There was a mother, who must be new to the area, that wanted to cool her baby off and so she turned the hose on to fill the wadding pool. Well, the baby was doused with the water and wound up with second-degree burns over a good portion of its body. A hose that's left out in the sun still has water in it and it can reach very high temps. Most people that's lived here for a few years knows that and it's a pity that the baby has to suffer, that's just the way it is here in the summertime and everyone needs to be careful. You can also get some serious burns touching metal on a vehicle that's been out in the sun for even a short time, believe me, I know.... :oops: Lots of people don't even touch their steering wheels for a few minutes after taking off. Why the make and sell cars here in Arizona that have black seats, black dashes and black steering wheels is beyond my comprehension. Our van is that way and I can't even touch the gearshift knob without getting burned. Black cars are also making a comeback here and I can't understand that either. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-16-2016

Morning all. 78 degrees. Some rain over night. Mid 90's and high humidity today. Understand that scorching temps west of NC.

Don, you are right. When watering plants, have to "cool down" hose or you will scorch them. Any water left in a hose will heat up hot.

Hope all have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another nice day underway here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 70m right now headed for a high of 87 with lots of blue sky.

It's been a very quiet week for me. Going to dinner this evening with oldest daughter and her family to celebrate her birthday. No plans for the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-17-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sunny and 85 today, about the same for the next week or so. Lot's of rain in Michigan lately but none for us.
A late lunch today will probably be almond chicken for me, something veggie for granny. She limits her red meat intake.
S.J.