The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 79 with low humidity and light breezes. Looks to be another nice day.

Echo cardiogram is over. Technician said she didn't see anything exciting. I'll get official results in a day or two. Nothing else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-22-2016

Good morning everyone, yet another scorching day here, I guess officially it got to 111, but there were spots around the valley that hit over 115. Lots of new wildfires too, so many that our governor has declared an emergency. There are fires as small as a few hundred acres of desert, to like the one up in Show Low which at last report, was over 35,000 acres of pine and other trees.

We have those die-hard hikers and bikers and a few that have no idea what it's like to go up these mountain trails when it's over 110 here. So far this week we've lost five people who thought that it was OK, and several that were lucky enough to be rescued in time. Mountain and desert rescues are commonplace these times of the year. Why anyone with any sense would go out in this heat is beyond my comprehension. The TV field reporter interviews an avid hiker, "bring plenty of water, stay on the trail and wear good shoes", says one who also says that nothing stops him from making his daily run. I also wonder about those reporters and wonder what the heck they're doing out there interviewing people. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-22-2016

Don, Wink Insanity comes in many forms. Icon_lol Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more in a string of nice days. 61 and sunny right now headed for 81 and sunny. Temps for the remainder of the week will be much the same with a slight chance of rain Saturday night.

Interesting day yesterday. Got a call from the doctor's office. Echo cardiogram came back fine. Next up is a stress test on July 8th. Took my old bike downtown to the bike shop for an overhaul. He was surprised I would even ride it. The head bearings are going out and it only wants to go in a straight line. What struck me when I rode it down there was that I used to ride this bike almost every day and never noticed how bad it was getting. While I was at the bike shop I finally bought a bike helmet. Today will be the first test of that.

Also on tap for today is beer and bereavement this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-23-2016

Good morning all, yet another day in Heatsville, although we might not make it up to 115 today. I can't be sure, I don't remember what the TV people said, and I still haven't found a suitable replacement for my Weather Channel desktop app. The one I just looked at tells me the temp from around 40 or 50 places in and around Surprise. All of these from people with their own weather stations. All well and good, but nowhere does it show the forecast for today. I clicked on "more details" and got a complete report on that particular station, but no forecast for today. Nope Oh well, it'll be hot regardless of who says what. Icon_lol

Sumpter250 Wrote:Don, Wink Insanity comes in many forms. Icon_lol Smile

Yup, it does. How can someone in their right mind take a hike in 115 degree heat without having enough, or even any water? That would be insane at 60 degrees, but people do it and they pay the price. Some do bring a cell phone and can call for help, but they're saying that each rescue runs around $7,000, unless they have to bring in a helicopter, then the costs skyrocket (pun intended)... and guess who pays for this????

Still fighting fires here and in a few other SW states, all this and the folks back east are suffering from storms and flooding. Kind of ironic, but that's why we have these fires, not enough rain or snow in these parts leaves everything tinder dry and then lightning hits or some jerk leaves a fire burning and walks away, or worse yet, intentionally sets a fire to get some sort of sick thrill. Curse We get it all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-23-2016

Don I use the 8Gadget pack found here :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://8gadgetpack.net/">http://8gadgetpack.net/</a><!-- m -->

For weather I use the Weather Center gadget on the last page. When configuring the gadget select wunderground as the source. I have had difficulties using some of the other sources listed.

When you mouse over the gadget there are some faint icons in the background. The circular one refreshes the current conditions. There are also a couple of arrows. As you click on the down arrow it will show a daily forecast for about 6 additional days. When you click on the up arrow the forecasts disappear again. On startup the current conditions don't always display. You can either wait a little while or hit the refresh button.

Tom

Edit to add: The invisible icons are under the name of the town that is displayed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-23-2016

Afternoon. Two days of meetings starting early in the AM. Yesterday all day. Today did end by noon.

87 degrees and cloudy. Shower during the early morning. Maybe more tonight.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-24-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 59 headed for sunny and 88. If the humidity stays low like yesterday it will be a nice day.

After my bike ride yesterday I didn't come home. I went straight to the bike shop and bought a mirror for the helmet. With the helmet on there is wind noise which doesn't allow me to hear vehicles approaching behind me. The mirror is attached to the helmet. Today's ride will test the effectiveness.

Nothing else rally on tap for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-24-2016

Good Friday morning to everyone, hope you all have a great weekend planned. For us, nothing different, still too hot to go anywhere. We bought a new minivan, and on the way home, it had a problem, so the next day it went back to the dealer. They gave us a Jeep Patriot to drive and hoped that it would be fixed late that day. Well, that was over a week ago and they're still waiting for the replacement part from Chrysler. About the loaner car, if was difficult for us to get in and out of and since we had just bought a new minivan, they decided to give us a new one to drive as a loaner, and since they are around 35 miles away in Scottsdale, the sales guy dropped it off at our house and drove back in the Jeep. Great service, but we'd still like to be able to take our vehicle out somewhere cooler (like Flagstaff or Sedona) rather than just stay home. I doubt that we'll see ours until next week sometime. Well, it's suppose to cool down here anyway, yesterday it only got up to 111, Icon_lol the weekend should be a few degrees less, almost cold enough to go look for my longjohns. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-24-2016

ezdays Wrote:Well, it's suppose to cool down here anyway, yesterday it only got up to 111, Icon_lol the weekend should be a few degrees less, almost cold enough to go look for my longjohns. 357

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted unless they were stored in a "cool" place, they've probably run off to a mountaintop, somewhere in the Rockies! Icon_lol Wink Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-24-2016

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Well, it's suppose to cool down here anyway, yesterday it only got up to 111, Icon_lol the weekend should be a few degrees less, almost cold enough to go look for my longjohns. 357

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted unless they were stored in a "cool" place, they've probably run off to a mountaintop, somewhere in the Rockies! Icon_lol Wink Big Grin

Actually, the last time I saw them was when I put them in a duffle bag as I was leaving basic training in the winter of 1952. After getting stationed in Yuma, Arizona, I lost track of them as well as my dress blues..... Well, I think I wore my dress blues a couple of time there, but not enough to even count. Nope Dress of the day, fatigues, formal dress was kakies.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-24-2016

Got to aching last night late. Chills. Temp and aching this AM. Went to Dr. Met another new lady Dr. today as mine was on vacation. Blood test showed high white count. She sent me to WakeMed Main ER. Was lucky. Lady that is government liaison is like a daughter to me. She greased the skids. 5 minutes in waiting room. Four minutes and in a bed. Three minutes and I had Dr. and nurse [both good and were funny]. Was there 45 minutes. Two bottles [not tubes] of blood from each arm for culture. Urine sample. Tick meds again and oxycodone with Tylenol. I'm stoned. When I was leaving I saw a guy in wheel chair that had been sitting in waiting room before I got there. Bet he was saying, "That cracker Mayor got in and is gone before I got in."

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-25-2016

Morning. 75 degrees, 85% humidity and cloudy. Took kids out for a walk around the fence and worked on tomatoes. Some over 8 foot tall. Really running up with heat and lots of rain night before last. Had to sucker them too.

Back to recliner.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-25-2016

Good Morning Blue
80s today then 90s for a couple.
We need rain, Michigan has had some storms but everything went south. I don't like storms but we do need rain.
June, graduations and birthday parties, They always remember us when a greeting card is involved don't they.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot, and humid is the forecast for today. Right now it's 77 headed for 93. Good chance for t-storms tonight.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. I rode the bike for about 12 miles yesterday. The new mirror works ok but will take some getting used to. I considered getting a mirror that mounts on the handle bar but from past experience they vibrate too much to be usable.

I was planning to go to Des Moines today for a garden railroad tour but with the heat and humidity I have decided to "shelter in place." I will get a bike ride pretty soon but will otherwise stay indoors today.

Frank - sounds like you bounced back pretty quickly from whatever bug got you.

All stay safe.

Tom