The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-26-2016

Good morning all, hope your weekend is a pleasant one. Lots going on, in the east we have floods, in the west, raging fires. We talked about the stupidity of some people that have started some of these fires, either on purpose or by neglect. We now have yet another level of stupidity regarding these fires. Our largest fire here in Arizona is up around Show Low and is over 45,000 acres. They have it around 40% contained right now, but that changes with the elements. Air drops of retardant had to be suspended the other day due to some jerks that were flying drones over the fire. Common sense says that this has to impede air traffic in the area and it is officially a restricted fly zone over all fires like this. This drone thing is getting out of hand and are in the hands of too many self-centered idiots. Curse

Temps today should be just under 110, and we do have some rain in the forecast. After all, this is our "monsoon" season and it could be perfectly clear out one minute and a dust storm with rain following the next. So it goes though most of the summer, but these storms do cool things down and the rain is much needed, so most folks here don't complain. Well, we do the next morning when we see our vehicles covered in spotty dirt. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-26-2016

Morning. Slept until 9AM. Unheard of. Prescription strength Motrin. Wow. Rest day again. Pretty day out with 76 degrees. Meds seem to be working. Pharmacist said she could not believe, with my history of setbacks, I'm not on a maintenance dose of doxycycline. Seems Lyme's [and possibly Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever] is in my body to stay.

Hope all doing OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-26-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more warm day before it cools down again. High for today is supposed to be about 90. highs for the nest week will be in the upper 70s to low 80s.

Not much accomplished lately. I did go for a bike ride yesterday but cut it short as it was getting too warm. This morning I'll be going for my ride a little earlier so I can get the full 14 miles done.

Frank - get well soon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's shaping up to be a nice day. 72 now headed for 82 with low humidity.

Quiet day today. I'm headed for the gym soon. After that, who knows?

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-27-2016

Afternoon. Back from elementary school field day. I couldn't stay due to health and meds. Sunny and 88 degrees.
Lunch time. Tomato sandwich. Applause

Hope all OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-27-2016

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all, hope your weekend is a pleasant one. Lots going on, in the east we have floods, in the west, raging fires. We talked about the stupidity of some people that have started some of these fires, either on purpose or by neglect. We now have yet another level of stupidity regarding these fires. Our largest fire here in Arizona is up around Show Low and is over 45,000 acres. They have it around 40% contained right now, but that changes with the elements. Air drops of retardant had to be suspended the other day due to some jerks that were flying drones over the fire. Common sense says that this has to impede air traffic in the area and it is officially a restricted fly zone over all fires like this. This drone thing is getting out of hand and are in the hands of too many self-centered idiots. Curse

Temps today should be just under 110, and we do have some rain in the forecast. After all, this is our "monsoon" season and it could be perfectly clear out one minute and a dust storm with rain following the next. So, most folks here don't complain. Well, ......we do the next morning....... when we see our vehicles, covered in spotty dirt Eek

"Spotty Dirt" Nope ( or maaaybe. . :evil: DRONE PARTS ) Big Grin Icon_lol Wink ..........even that!!!, has to be better, than seeing your vehicles,covered by twelve feet of Wallbang FLOODWATER !! Eek Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-27-2016

Hello Blue
92 on Sunday, 95 Monday and still no rain.
Graduation party yesterday but we stayed in today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-28-2016

Good morning all, we had a few sprinkles here yesterday, but then again, we had more moisture on our windshield when a couple of birds flew over it. Later in the day there was a storm coming from the north of us, but it moved just to the west and missed us entirely. The official temp yesterday was, well, I'm not sure, either 109 or 111, but our vehicle showed it got up to 116 at one point as we drove around. It doesn't matter, it's hard to beat the record which for the past few days was in the 120 range.

Sumpter250 Wrote:"Spotty Dirt" Nope ( or maaaybe. . :evil: DRONE PARTS ) Big Grin Icon_lol Wink ..........even that!!!, has to be better, than seeing your vehicles,covered by twelve feet of Wallbang FLOODWATER !! Eek Icon_twisted
You're right and I feel for those folks. A car covered in soot and ash isn't to good either, so I wish the best for all those that are affected by these floods and fires. Ours are pretty much contained and there is rain in the forecast that will help. Most of ours are in open or wooded areas and few structures have been burned. Not so for those in California though. Yeah, washing our vehicles after a dust storm is an inconvenience, but much better than replacing one because it was burned up or got washed away.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-28-2016

Morning. Cloudy and 79 degrees. Hoping for rain to soak garden and melt fertilizer side dressed yesterday afternoon late. Garden growing. Tomatoes, squash, zucchini, peppers and cucumbers.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Little space grows a lot.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 70 headed for sunny and 77. Another beautiful day in progress.

I've already been out and about. Took some yard waste to the disposal site and stocked up at Walmart. Next up is a trip to Menards to investigate materials for rebuilding the tunnel on the Backyard & Southern. A bike ride is also on the agenda for today.

Prayers for those in need, particularly those hard hit by storms, flooding, and fires.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-28-2016

We are in watering restrictions these days. The weather report in one paper lists thunderstorms every few days, but we don't get them. There was thunder the other night, but no evidence of water coming down.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy with a light sprinkle and 63 this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with rain chances at 40% for today, tonight, and tomorrow.

Went to Menards yesterday and spent about an hour walking around, looking at various materials to construct a new tunnel. I have some ideas but need to go back and look some more. Went for a bike ride and then got the sprinkler out for the back yard. It quit working so I dug out a different sprinkler and managed to soak myself while getting it in position. Also got my old bike back from the repair shop. What a difference.

Up today is a trip to the gym and then back to Menards.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-29-2016

Good morning all. Well, it did rain the other night, we just didn't hear or see anything until we went out and could see puddles in the curbing. Rain is in the forecast for all this week, maybe even last night, but we won't know until we go out and I'm too lazy to go look right now. Our biggest fire is pretty much contained at around 46,000 acres, but we've got others springing up. Yesterday they've been battling one right off of I-17 north of us. There are homes that they've evacuated in the area and they shut down I-17 going north. You can see from the TV newscopter where the fires are indeed just feet from homes. Not as intense as those in California or in the wooded areas, but they can still take a house down even though it's just desert scrub burning.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 06-29-2016

Heya Don! Stopped in to say Hi! It's been warm up here in Indiana but nothing compared to Phoenix. I tell ya, I don't miss that heat AT ALL! We're supposed to get 1.7 inches of rain July 3rd and another 8/10's July 4rth. We went and bought a bunch of fireworks ourselves (the good ones), but may have to wait until the rain moves out before we can launch 'em. I can say without a doubt that there will be 0% chance of setting anything on fire up here after all that rain!
In other news, I've been designing a new layout! Since I now have a sizeable basement, I've been planning on using most of it for the railroad. I have to leave room for the foosball table, the slot car table and a 3 foot aisle down the side to access the laundry room. It will be N scale with a touch of HOn3 (lower level) and take up roughly 21'x12'. I'm designing in all kinds of things I've never had the chance to try before (a small helix being one of them). Take care!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 64 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 80 with a 50% chance of rain this evening.

Got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday. A roving band of lazies overpowered me when I went to get the newspaper from the porch and strapped me to a chair with twist ties. As a result nothing was done. I'll try and get yesterday's list accomplished today.

All stay safe.

Tom