The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-06-2016

Good morning everyone, a hot one here, but then from what I see, triple-digit temps are nothing new to a lot of folks all over the country. A heat wave, but then again, these folks can see what we here in Arizona live with all summer, every summer. Yesterday was a cool 111 with more to come.

Tom, it's been a while since I talked to Jerry and he hasn't been on Big Blue for a few years now. I'll PM you with an update, but I can give him a call and see what he's up to. Those caves have to be amazing to visit, we have the Kartchner Caverns in southern Arizona that I've been wanting to go see one of these days.

Ahh, Vernon's Ginger Ale, been a long time since I've had any, but I think you can buy it around here, I just kind of stay away from soda now days....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-06-2016

Good Morning Blue
90s today, grass looks like straw.
Vernor's was a Detroit product. Only available locally till the company was sold.
There's nothing new in my train world.
We did survive the holiday weekend with cook outs and fireworks. lot of fire bans though.
I think Da Chief bought one of those miniature loaves of bread for his tomato pic's.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 72 with the sun due to make an appearance very soon. High for today is supposed to be 89 with high humidity. A thunderstorm woke me up about 12:30 this morning to announce that is was giving me a half inch of rain.

Had a pleasant trip to Des Moines yesterday. Had supper with the in-laws and got home about 9 last night.

No major plans for today other than maybe a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-06-2016

FiatFan Wrote:A thunderstorm woke me up about 12:30 this morning to announce that is was giving me a half inch of rain.
Ha! After that storm blew through your place, it meandered it's way down here about 10a.m. We only got two tenths out of it though and a whole lot of wind... 21mph gusts. Brought branches down all over the place. Still it kept it cool the rest of the day. I don't think we topped 78. I don't mind the thunderstorms but please, give me a heads up if you send any tornadoes this way!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-07-2016

I'll be taking the family up to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway tomorrow and after that....
The NMRA train show!!!!!! Quiet day here in Endiyanna but really humid.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-07-2016

So you're the guy that's hogging our thunderstorms!
Lots predicted, but the 2 hours of Tstorm last night (with 1mm of rain) didn't seem to happen. We are in level 2 water restrictions now. We must have Don's prediction service.
Went to do a bit of modelling today, but ended up putting measuring tapes on the big work table, (door with legs. tapes are the IKEA ones -- 2 in a row do one side of the door and one side is inches and the other metric.)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2016

Good morning all, here we are at the start of yet another workweek... for some that is. For us retirees, we just have to look at our calendar and see how many medical appointments we have this week. Icon_lol

Temps here should be at or below 110 all week. No rain in the forecast, but that usually doesn't mean anything this time of the year. All of a sudden, by some wacky quirk, we get a dust storm (now referred to as a haboob) form followed by either a trickle or a flood of rain. I haven't a clue as to where these things come from since the sky can be clear right before they hit.

You all might not have noticed, but we were down for a while last night. Thanks to Packey, our webmaster, we were back up in less than an hour. Applause Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-08-2016

Morning. Hot and humid. 89 and 70% humidity. Rained yesterday afternoon. Some got bad storms. We got a good down pour. Maybe more this afternoon. Not much on calendar. Upset over Dallas. News media stirs up hatred.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-08-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a very sunny 70 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning with a predicted high of about 80.

It's been a quiet couple of days. Tuesday I met the in-laws in Des Moines for supper. Wed. and Thur. were days of pure laziness. Today I have a stress test at 11. I did get a call from my son yesterday. We were under the impression that he was to get a PET scan next week with a follow-up visit with the doctor on Monday the 18th. Come to find out nothing has been scheduled. We may get that resolved and we may not. Who knows?

Had all kinds of things to write this morning. Then my daughter called and I have forgotten most of it. Google maps seems to think along the same lines as me. The is a screen capture of the ethanol complex just wet of town. Note the label next to the red arrow. That is on Google maps. I did not put it there.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-08-2016

I'm having the same issues with a local hospital here. Trying to schedule an EEG and other things for my brother... I keep leaving messages (no other choice) and they never return the calls Sad Frustrating to say the least!!!

I like that - a good name for a bar Smile Smile In the middle of nowhere Smile

2 bars near me: My Alibi and Nowhere Special

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-08-2016

ngauger Wrote:I'm having the same issues with a local hospital here. Trying to schedule an EEG and other things for my brother... I keep leaving messages (no other choice) and they never return the calls Sad Frustrating to say the least!!!

I like that - a good name for a bar Smile Smile In the middle of nowhere Smile

2 bars near me: My Alibi and Nowhere Special

Two bars in this area, "The Library" in Tempe near ASU, and "The Office" somewhere near an industrial area. You can guess why.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-08-2016

There was a bar called The Office in Omaha back in the 70s. Don't know if it's still there.

Stress test didn't go as well as I had hoped. Doctor stopped it after about 2 minutes as I was already feeling some discomfort. Told me to take an aspirin a day, avoid strenuous activity, and they set up an appointment with a cardiologist on July 19th. Not really the outcome I was hoping for.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-09-2016

Tom: Hope all goes well!!! Still adding you in our prayers.

I guess I get to turn on the coffee this lazy Saturday. Going to relax and watch the Wimbeldon finals and some racing as usual.

Have to go look at a friend's computer today, to see if i can get it to run faster. Smile The hamsters are tired, gotta wake them up Smile Smile Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-09-2016

The NMRA train show was FANTASTIC! All the big guys were there with lots of people to answer questions and lots of displays. It was so huge and there was so much to see I definitely experienced sensory overload! Lots of modular layouts of all scales. Some were HUGE! I was most enamored with the moving vehicles from Tomix (N scale) and most impressed with the use of electronic technology. We also took a bus lap of the Indy 500 and got out at the finish line to kiss the bricks! Awesome day. Today.... I don't know yet but I think we are headed north to see Indiana's largest waterfall (woohoo, I think it's like 12' tall) and maybe track down a bunch of covered bridges. I'm getting really inspired to start my benchwork.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-10-2016

Morning all. 82 degrees and 67% humidity. We had NO RAIN in the last 24. Have a great week ahead.