The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2016

Good morning all, we haven't had any rain either, but then again, this is the desert and our annual rainfall is usually under 10". We're running a bit behind this year, so far no serious monsoon storms have hit us.

Not much going on this weekend and if there was, it would be hard to get to. It seems that just about every road in or out of our area is under construction. Some major roads are closed entirely, others are narrowed to a lane or two. In some places, even the detours are being worked on. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-10-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a thunderstormy 64 degrees outside my window this morning. So far we have received an inch or rain with more on the way. High for today is supposed to be 88 and windy so it could be a rather muggy day.

Quiet day yesterday. The high point was having lunch with four of my great-grandkids (and their parents and grandparents). This morning I watched the F1 race and now have little to do for the remainder of the day. Before the rain started I covered the new tunnel so that it will continue to dry out so I can repair it. It's no fun working in the mud.

Don - last summer we had all three major streets (yes, it's a small town) in downtown closed for repairs at the same time.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-10-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80s today.
We finally got some overnight rain a couple days back. Some are still without Edison. First rain since June 16. Oh Mich. has had lot's of rain it just kept missing us.
Yep the same college grads that close all the roads at the same time work here too. It has got to the point that "you can't get there from here" takes on a real meaning.
No major plans for today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2016

Remember guys, these are the "lowest bidder" folks that are doing all this road work... in some cases, they are the ones that have been elected and are directing this chaos.... "College Grads", huh!, probably bottom dwellers at a party school.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-10-2016

Ahhh yes.... We have 2 seasons here: Winter & Construction... Smile

The local water company got tons of grant money from Our dear great President for boosting the economy. They decided to use the money to replace the terra cotta lines that were put in over 100 years ago Eek
We have roads that look like the surface of the Moon!!!!! Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-10-2016

Think of this as you drive across that long tall bridge. That too was probably built by the lowest bidder....Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and hot is the forecast for today. Right now it's 73 with a predicted windy high of 90. Then thunderstorms move in this evening to cool things off. Highs for the rest of the week are predicted to be in the low to mid 80s.

I went to Menards yesterday to get some kind of adhesive to repair the outdoor tunnel. Stumbled on some landscape adhesive. Perfect for what I'm doing. Bought a tube and started gluing the tunnel together. Time will tell if this is a viable solution.

Only major plan for today is laundry. Prayers for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-11-2016

Morning all. 83 degrees and 67% humidity. Sunny. Was suppose to rain today. Maybe showers late. Was going to farms tomorrow. Now weather guessers says 50% chance of showers tomorrow [changed since last night]. No need to spray Roundup with that.

Prayer service tonight at black Church for "law enforcement and lives lost". My PD and self will be attending.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-11-2016

Hello all you hobos...I bet you had thought you'd gotten rid of me...
No such luck..!! I'm back, but will be doing armchair modeling in the immediate future.
Hopefully I can get some hands-on modeling in the near future.
In any event, it's good to be back..!!

Gus

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-11-2016

Steamtrains Wrote:Hello all you hobos...I bet you had thought you'd gotten rid of me...
No such luck..!! I'm back, but will be doing armchair modeling in the immediate future.
Hopefully I can get some hands-on modeling in the near future.
In any event, it's good to be back..!!

Gus
Welcome Back! Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-12-2016

Morning. Cussing this AM. A/C unit will not come on. Not getting power. Checked breakers and etc. Called big company. They had tech call me. Oh, can't come by for a couple of days. You broke it, come fix it. Well the board may be gone due to pan crack and leaking. You told me it would be safe to leave it running. Called and left word for owner to call me. They may have lost all business in Rolesville. Sounds like they don't need it.

One good thing, upstairs unit is doing fine.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-13-2016

...and warm air rises so you've got that going for you too!

Good Morning to all those of you,
who honor the Big Blue.

Health is good, families good, wife is irritable but what's new 357 , there's no leaks in the roof and the cars are both running! Life's good!
Prayers to those in need. The Lord knows who you are.
Gotta get offa my butt and buy some lumber to start my benchwork. I also need a new poison sprayer... my old one sounds like I'm beating a dog every time I pump it up! Eek

Welcome back Steamtrains!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-13-2016

Morning. Had a little rain last night. About 2.5 inches. Eek Off to get emissions inspection on FIL's car. Then get it turned from green back to the silver gray it is. Hasn't been washed in a year. Icon_lol

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Muggy and 72 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s. Some rain may be arriving shortly.

Quiet day yesterday with nothing accomplished. Today I have a third of my chore list completed already. I started the dishwasher. The other two items are to unload the dishwasher and set the trash out for collection.

Looks like the repairs to the outdoor tunnel are working well. There are still a couple of other things I need to do yet but the majority of the construction work is done. After that will come landscaping. Still undecided on that.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-14-2016

Morning all. Hot and humid. Had a shower of rain last night. Going to cool soon they say. Busy day Mayoring today.

Have a good one.