The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-14-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 68 headed for sunny and 81. Another nice day.

Yesterday I tested the clearances on the new outdoor tunnel and all went well with the tunnel but I found some track that needs to be repaired. Not a difficult task, just time consuming. I may work on that today. No much else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-14-2016

FiatFan, Do you have a layout thread started somewhere with pictures? If not, do you have some pictures of this outdoor tunnel you keep talking about?

I have some old (about 5 years ago) videos on YouTube. Don't get too excited. The videos were taken with a $40 security camera from Menards and are not real high quality. Here's the link - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFiatfan">https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFiatfan</a><!-- m -->

The videos were taken shortly after the golden spike. I have made some changes since then. Once the tunnel is complete I'll post before and after pictures.

Tom

Prayers tonight for the people of France.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-15-2016

Good Friday morning folks, and yes, prayers for those affected by the current atrocity in France. We have way too many kooks in this world that think nothing about taking lives, even their own, all for some cause that in the end, gains little by their actions.

The weather report for around here, hot, dry and clear.... we can up the hot thing, we've now had 19 days at or above 110, and that's going to increase in the next few days. 112 yesterday here in Surprise some area getting up to 114. Some rain in the forecast for next week, but so far, this year's monsoon season is a bust. Meanwhile, there are other parts of the US that are drowning in floods and fighting tornadoes. Crazy weather this year for us all.

Well, regardless of what it's like in your area, try to have a great weekend.... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 07-15-2016

I was watching the news last night, and there was film of the street in Nice where that happened. It took me a minute or two to realize that I had walked that street. One of the ships I served in had been deployed to the Mediterranean, and one of our stops was Nice. We were anchored a short boat ride from that beach. It felt a bit strange seeing that area again, now connected with such a brutal crime.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2016

Afternoon. 94 and 60% humidity. OUCH. Been out early for breakfast meeting with School Board member, town hall and visit a business. Got a minor league ball game tonight. Hotdogs, hamburgers, fried chicken and the works. Going to sweat!!!! Out under a patio. Covered but hot.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2016

IT RAINED!!!!! 3 inches in less than an hour. Light rain again now. Wallbang I'm sure pond is a mess. Super on construction site at school above the pond said on phone, all sediment ponds running over. Tobacco field flooded the street running to the pond. Lots of lightning strikes close by. Some things with out power.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 55 headed for sunny and 80 with a 70% chance of thunderstorms tonight. We can use the rain but don't necessarily need the drama that goes with it.

Oldest daughter showed up after lunch yesterday and we had a great afternoon. Nothing on the agenda so far for today but it's still early. I may try to work on the outdoor track. Some photos of the new tunnel are up in the WPF thread.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-16-2016

Morning. 77 degrees and 89% humidity. Wifey getting ready to go to the beach. One sister there and the other on the way. Got call MIL probably dying. Wifey going to check it out and then go on to the beach. Sounds bad but not. She has been hanging on for ages. Hospice is in charge. Then cremation society takes over. MIL's wises. Plans was for memorial service in the future. So what can they do? Not as if sudden or a short range illness.

Maybe more rain this afternoon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-16-2016

I understand, Frank. It's a very difficult time, regardless of advance warning. Prayers for all of you.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-16-2016

Hello Blue
Just doin summer things. Love summer.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning but the sun is starting to appear. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s. We had storms overnight but I slept through most of it. I did wake up about 3 to close the windows in my bedroom. I was back asleep in about 7 seconds. Too bad because I missed a bit of a storm. Lots of branches down in the neighborhood and an inch and a half of rain in the rain gauge.

Nothing else to report. Quiet day planned for today. Major activity will be to reprogram all the electronics in the house.

Prayers for the Chief and his family and for Mrs. Daze and others who need them.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-17-2016

Afternoon. We had more rain last night. 1.7 inches. Some had 6 inches. Eek Slept late. Wifey just left for the beach with Niece. I have all the paperwork it MIL passes. Can't see how she is still alive. Can't swallow. No food and no liquids. This is sad. Thanks for the concerns.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-18-2016

Morning all 85 degrees and 75% humidity. Busy day. MIL situation is still the same. Have a good one.