The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - cid - 08-02-2014

I'm thinking that the backup showed considerable restraint.

The guy may be lucky that Officer #1 was still in the line of fire.

To me, once the gun is pulled on an officer, there's little room for tolerance. Nope Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-02-2014

[Image: DSCN6702-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6701.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6698.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-02-2014

RB,

nice truck good deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got done with yard work it is overcast getting dark and hot and muggy & buggy out.

Have to work 2nd shift Sunday then off till next Saturday 1st shift followed by a Sunday and Monday work week.

Tomato plants are dead(way too early even for Ohio) water and feed them this just is not a good year for them at least not for me. Yeild was 6 tomatoes on two whimpy vines :? I still have plenty of seed for both oxhart and cherokee purple to try again next year. No pepper plants this year. I did have a bumper crop of dandilions and thistles and other misc. yard weeds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bone spur in left hip socket is giving me a though way to go first time in months that it is hurting. Still have some anti-inflamation pills took one yesterday and one today(do not like the idea of having to have it fixed but it will have to be done sooner or later) standing up or laying down is fine but walking and sitting on a chair for a long while aggravates the problem.

Well, enough of my problems and complaints.

I have had 3 people lately ask me on how to start in the model train hobby. Ranging from young to old. I have done my part on spreading the joy of model trains. train train train

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-02-2014

AF350 Wrote:RB,

nice truck good deal.
Seems like a great deal to me considering the electrical system and exhaust system had been rebuilt (with the exception of no catalytic converters).

Good evening. Temp:75°, humidity:93%. I was out and about earlier getting some things I needed. Also stopped to get gas. $100 for 30.04 gallons, twenty-three in the front tank, seven in the rear tank. No fun fund this month. This evening I enjoyed what I consider a luxury. Ham,Swiss cheese and a bit of mustard on Ritz crackers. I have it only once every three or four months so I enjoy it as much as I can. Tonight I'm watching the first episode of season two of Star Trek Voyager, 'The 37's'. It was kind of funny seeing a 1936 Ford pickup in the cargo bay of a starship and not to mention the truck was still in running condition! Speaking of trucks I had a slight mishap, actually two with mine today. First I was backing out of a handicap parking space. There was another vehicle parked in front of me and there was a concrete pillar behind me. The other vehicle was pretty close so I had to back up a bit. I hit the gas a little too hard and the truck smashed into the concrete and busted it off a foot above the ground. The trucks bumper has a small scratch on it. I'm not sure if it was already there or not. Management didn't seem concerned about it and I was allowed to go on my way. On the way home the second incident took place. The alternator gauge nose dived and I smelled something burning. I pulled over, popped the hood and grabbed the fire extinguisher. The alternator harness had shorted out and caught fire. A quick blast from the extinguisher put it out and I disconnected it then drove to an auto parts store and got a replacement harness and installed it. Everything is working normally again. An inspection of the damage showed the the harness had been chaffing against the alternator bracket for some time. I took out some insurance against a future occurrence by wrapping some electrical friction tape around the new harness. I also routed it so it wasn't in contact with the bracket. A short trip to a car wash to wash off the powder from the extinguisher and I was on my way home once again.

Other than the above it was a slow day.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010040.jpg]

[Image: P1010044.jpg]

[Image: P1010031.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-03-2014

Good morning all. Yes, it did rain all over the valley here, we got a heavy downpour for a while, but other folks are cleaning up after some streets and washes were turned into raging rivers. Some people got some wind damage as well. I can remember way back about 50-some years ago when one of our summer storms took off the roof of one rather large motel. There were pictures of it sitting in the parking lot, intact with little damage, except that it wasn't where it was suppose to be Nope . There is usually some sort of storm damage somewhere after each one of these, overturned trailer homes are usually a good target. Yesterday we were forecast for 40% chance in the AM, but we were hoping that the rain didn't come after we got back from shooting, and that's what happened. Worship My truck was full of mud splashes from going through puddles in the desert and I was thinking of hitting the car wash today, but I think the rain last night took care of that for me. We are looking for more of the same today. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-03-2014

Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity. The high will be 85°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

I think today I'll just take it easy and do a bunch of nothing. Watching some A-Team episodes and Star Trek Voyager episodes seems like a good use of my time.

[Image: P1010007-22.jpg]

[Image: P1010020-8.jpg]

[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-03-2014

Morning all. Rainy. :cry: Going to In-laws' for lunch [I'm cooking part of it]. Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-03-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and an expected 80 today.
Our planned trip to Toledo Oh tomorrow has been canceled, Lake Erie has contaminated their water supply.
It can't even be boiled safe. Duh why didn't somebody see this coming?
Oh well we spent yesterday around the house but had an evening walk and some time sitting on the front porch, yes it is my favorite outdoor sitting place.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-03-2014

Just to give you an example of what rain does for the desert, I think I've mentioned it before, but we have creatures that hibernate until there is water and many plants shed their leaves until there's enough water to support them. The ocotillo is one example of that. In our case, we have a cactus that normally blooms in the spring, but with the recent rains, it has decided to bless us with some blooms. These blooms will only last one day regardless of when they come out or what type of cactus it is. This cactus is in our side yard in the front of the house. Those things that look like worms all around the cactus are actually pods from a nearby mesquite tree:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-03-2014

Afternoon all. Put some 2' x 4'x 7/16" particle boards up in the attic had to cut them to that size to get them up there and still had to turn them sideways 12 in all. Still had a struggle if they where one inch longer don't think I could of gotten them up there. Need them there so this fall I can put some flooring down to do some work up there electrical need to put some new light/ceiling fan boxes in to accommodate new ceiling fans as present boxes are a little small. Too hot to get up there now. Not much else going on. Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-03-2014

Did preventive maintenance on the truck today. Engine oil was a half quart down so topped it up. Coolant full. Transmission oil full. I discovered I have a little problem due to the trucks size. I can just reach the engine oil dipstick and pull it out. I can just touch the filler cap. At five foot eleven I'm not considered short. I can't climb up on the bumper like others do. Instead I used a concrete block to stand on. I also changed the license plate frames as the old ones were garbage and I changed out the lock gas caps. The old ones were on there about fifteen years and there's I don't know how many sets of keys floating around. Last but not least I modified the drink holder on the dash. The way it was a bottle could and would fall over forty-five degrees to either side. I put some redneck ingenuity to work. I got hold of a three inch PVC pipe coupling, cut part of the middle out of it, glued one part to bottom section of the holder and the other part to the top. Drinks don't tip very much now.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010009-18.jpg]

[Image: P1010083-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010073-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-04-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope this is the start of a good week for you all. We had a bit more rain yesterday, but not as much as some folks around here. More flooding, more wind damage. So far this year, our area has been spared, I've seen some small trees down and lots of branches broken off, but then again, that's Mother Nature doing her tree trimming.

Those cactus blossoms that I posted pictures of yesterday were already wilted by two in the afternoon. They never last more than a day in the spring, so it was no surprise that they only lasted a few hours in this heat.

No rain in the forecast for today according to the Weather Channel, but yet the humidity is off the charts at 88%, and the dew point isn't far behind at 72°. As for the past few weeks, they really should have kept the forecasts to themselves, since just about anyone can predict "20% chance of rain", and be right 100% of the time. It either rains, or it doesn't according to that forecast. 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-04-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

No plans for today. I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call.

[Image: P1010047-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-04-2014

Morning all. Not a lot going on woke up at 5 and was wide awake now I'm falling asleep so think I know where I'm going to soon Thumbsup Well expecting a box with parts today from Jeff at the train tender. So I can do some repairs to some of my trains. Hope all have a good week talk to you all later