The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2016

Good morning all. Well, we're looking at the TV news and it was all about the storm we were having. Reporters were all over the area, some showing traffic driving through flooded streets, others showing rain dropping in swimming pools. Then there was this nasty cloud that we call a dust storm, newbies call it a "haboob". Traffic was stopped on I-10 south of town as well due to viability and accidents. I looked out the back door and didn't see a drop of rain, little wind and the sun was still shining in our neighborhood. That's the way it is around here, the TV lady says that there was a storm cell heading our way, but it had to go in some other direction because there's no sign of any storm outside this morning. Oh well, maybe today... Humidity is over 30% and temps still pushing 110, I wonder what happened to the "dry heat" thing we usually brag about...

Chief, prayers for your family.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-19-2016

Good Morning Blue
80s today, then up she goes.
No train news, lots of storms have rolled through Michigan this summer but so far the worst of them have missed us. We do need a good slow rain though.
Off to the doctor soon. I had surgery on my left hand last Friday and I'm hoping I will be coming home without this wrap. Too soon to lose the stitches though.
Enjoy summer, I love every minute of it. Oh except for the damaging storms.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2016

Morning. Busy. 89 degrees and 66% humidity. 50% chance of rain and some maybe storms. Off to do errands and Dr.'s apt. MIL still hanging on. Sad

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 75 in the soggy reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. We picked up 2.75 inches of rain between 8 and noon this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s. The rest of the week will be in the 90s.

Went to the doctor this morning. Nothing conclusive. Just talk. Going to Ames next week for a nuclear stress test. Nurse promised I would glow in the dark afterwards. Busy packing now. Leaving for Michigan in the morning for in-laws 90th birthday party. Doc says no heavy lifting so I get to stand around and supervise. May not be posting much until I return on Monday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-20-2016

Don,
When we lived down there, I'm for sure there was a heat island/geographical effect caused by the mountains that would cause ALL of the rainstorms to go around us. You could see them coming on the radar and then right before they got to us, they would split, go around us, and reform on the other side... EVERY SINGLE TIME! All we got were the dust storms. I'll take a little humidity and the lower temps up here any day over the "DRY HEAT" down there.
Things are a little different now... last night, we had a surprise storm pass through at about 4a.m. There were lots of poppers less than 2 elephants away and when I came down this morning to check the gauge... 1.2"s!
We've got a blueberry bush that's putting off some tasty berries and while my sister was visiting, she discovered a big patch of blackberries I did not know were there. We picked a big bowl of 'em, added sugar... YUMMMM! We got a big old zuchini out of the garden and the tomato plants are really starting to produce. My corn patch however, was a complete, total failure. I planted over 200 plants, twice, and two came up. I think they all drowned. Next year I need to put the garden on more of a slope instead of on the flats. ...OR, build some raised beds instead.
Prayers to those in need.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2016

Pam's Mom finally passed. been a long hard time. I handled everything. Got home at 4 AM. Now meeting at Town Hall. Pam back from beach and at her Dad's.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2016

Chief, sorry for your loss, you and your family have our sympathy.

The TV new was all about the impending storm heading this way, The TV lady says there was a big one coming up I-10 from the south and another coming from the northeast and the two could clash. I don't know if they did, but all I know is that sometime during the night we had a few sprinkles in our neighborhood. No wet anything, no puddles, just some spots on our vehicle to show there was some dust blowing and a few drops of rain to leave a coat of spotted dirt on it. Well, maybe today. I'll bet if we moved to the southeast part of the valley, all the rain would land on the northwest, where we are now.

And Tom, I agree, these storms here are unpredictable as to the path they take, other than that up I-10 between Tucson and here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 07-20-2016

Chief, no matter how much they have been through it is just so hard to lose a parent. My prayers are for you and your family.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-21-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool in eastern Michigan this morning. Right now it's 61 headed for a high of 88.

My big projects for today are 1. supervise the installation of the tent in the back yard, and 2. have the in-laws help me pick out music to be played during the party. Last year for their 70th anniversary I created a cd with music from the 40s and set it to repeat play as people wandered through the house. Went over very well. I'll be doing the same with music from 1926 to the 40s.

Had some car trouble on the way here yesterday so this morning I'll be taking the car in for repairs.

Frank - my condolences to you and your wife. No matter how much you think you are prepared it's still a devastating blow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2016

Good afternoon everyone. Still no storms of any significant in our neighborhood. Lots going on around us, but all we've gotten so far are pockmarks of dirt on our vehicle. You can see a lot of that in traffic, you spot a car next to you at a light or in a parking lot, and the comment is, "they left that out all night"... Yeah, we don't have room in our garage for anything after it's filled with tools and storage boxes, so we have little choice. But to emphasize my point, we went to the car wash for a quick wash, and there must have been 25 or 30 cars in line. Later maybe, this afternoon if the line gets shorter. No real rush, clean car today, full of pockmarks of dirt tomorrow.

Tom (TranNut) knows what I'm talking about.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-21-2016

Yup! Sure do! Warm and humid up this way. Supposed to be quite toasty for the next three days... we're gonna break 90! Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-21-2016

Chief - Sorry for your loss... Prayers for your family...

Supposed to be way way too hot the next 4 days Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-22-2016

Good morning everyone, what!!!! it's Friday already??? Sheesh, time is suppose to fly when you're having fun, but I wonder if we're having that much fun.

Yeah Mikey, I see where parts of the country's weather forecast looks a lot like ours. Temps over 100 in the whole Midwest, slightly lower back east. Here, we're going to be pushing the 115 mark again. Yesterday was typical, humidity and temps high enough that it's really uncomfortable, yet no rain in sight to cool things down.

We finally got to the car wash yesterday. They have a $3.00 "touch-up" wash and if all you need is to get the storm dust off, it's great. Single pass soapy wash, rinse and blow-dry. Otherwise, it's around $10 and they do underside spray, multiple wash cycles, rinse, spray polish and dry. In all cases, no human hands touch your car. If you want that kind of treatment, down the street is a hands-on wash, inside and out and runs about $20. A few bucks less if you fill up on their overpriced gas. Now I have to go out and see if a dust storm came through last night and if I need to go back to the car wash. Wallbang

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 07-22-2016

Mornin' All........very hot in this area , 95 again today but 90% humidity too !! We need rain but approaching rain clouds just seem to dissipate before they arrive . Local farmers need rain big time for corn and soybeans , so I'm anxious for them . The supply and demand issue has predictably caused higher corn on the cob prices . Happiness for me , in the summer , is corn on the cob , potato salad and burgers or dogs ....pure heaven ! Goldth Goldth
A big rod and custom car show in our town today ( 15th annual ) but with the extreme heat I'll have to look for some shade and take some cold drinks ......that and lots of pictures .

Have a good one !

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-22-2016

Good Morning Blue
90s for the next few days. Hot for Michigan but kinda normal.
All kinds of rain around here yesterday, we got Peed on. Things are getting dry again.
An outdoor club meet tomorrow in a local lakeside park. The host found a place with AC outlets.
I'm hoping the lake will make the temp more comfortable. If not we won't stay long.
S.J.