The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-27-2016

Good morning everyone, I'm not sure if we'll ever see rain this season. It's been in the forecast for well over a week now and still there for another week, and all we've seen here is a minor trickle, yet some parts of the valley are dealing with floods, downed power lines and uprooted trees. That's Mother Nature in action.

Tom, good to see that your folks are coming there, I really don't blame them for wanting to get out of here for a while, it's been a miserable summer, too many heat records being broken.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-27-2016

Morning. Nothing but heat and humidity. 89 degrees and 73% humidity. Heat index 105 [already, just jumped 2 degrees]. Off to run errands with FIL. Everyone gone back to their jobs. Guess I'm it.

Stay cool and safe.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 07-27-2016

I'm beginning to wonder about the heat index readings. A few days ago when it was 92+ and a humidity level somewhere around 85, our heat index was 134. I can GUARANTEE you when I went outside, while it was thick and sticky, it felt nowhere near as hot as it does in Phoenix over 100 with very low humidity levels. I guess I need to learn up a little on the heat index level.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 81 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. Temps will be at or below normal for the next few days which is good because the a/c doesn't work. Repair person coming tomorrow or Friday.

Had my stress test this morning and passed with flying colors. Doctor said pain possibly caused by pinched nerve in neck or shoulder but cardio system looks good.

Remainder of today will be spent relaxing and running some trains in the back yard. Tomorrow I need to do some shopping and hope for the a/c repair person to arrive.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-27-2016

A giant vortex has formed over my house. Check out the wind speed.

[Image: vacuum.JPG]

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 07-27-2016

Black hole ? Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cool, and humid outside my window this morning. It's 66 headed for a high of 77.

The vortex has dissipated and left behind some cool weather for a few days. Just got a call from the a/c repairman. He'll be here in a few minutes so I'll hopefully be ready when the warm weather returns next week.

No sooner than the repairman called my daughter called in a very somber mood. She is on her way to have one of the dogs put down after 11 years. While I was talking to her the repair man showed up. He immediately made a liar out of me. I flipped the switch on the thermostat and the a/c started working. After some investigation he said the problem might have been caused by a Japanese lady beetle he found in the contactor area. At least it's working.

In other news I discovered that there are very few people in Walmart at 6 AM. I went early because I'm still on eastern time and woke up way too early this morning. I was surprised that they didn't even have donuts out yet. I had to buy English muffins and jelly. Now I have something sweet for several days.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-28-2016

Afternoon. Cold front just hit. Was 101 ten minutes ago. Dropped to 98 with 52% humidity. Heat index is down to 115 degrees from 119.

Been a busy day. Started at 6:30 to make a 7 AM meeting in Raleigh.

Another one at 6 PM.

Tom, that or when your vehicle acts up. Wink

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another cloudy day under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 63 headed for a high of 76 with a chance for some rain later.

Not much to report today. I did get some weed killer on the yard and dug out some volunteer trees before they had a chance to become a problem. No major plans for today other than a bike ride after it warms up.

Don't forget, today is your last chance to get Windows 10. I tried it on this computer and it caused more problems than it cured. When I installed it on my wife's computer it worked fine except for one minor problem - it couldn't get on the internet. It will be safe to turn that computer back on tomorrow. I now have computers covering everything from Vista to Win10 so when people call I can fire up the appropriate computer and help them.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-29-2016

Hello Blue
75 now 85 for the Hi.
This laptop came with windows 7, All my friends told me to leave it at 7. So I will. I am computer challenged so don't need new problems.
No train news, I am enjoying summer and bummed that July has slipped away so fast. February never goes this fast.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-29-2016

sir james Wrote:.....All my friends told me to leave it at 7. So I will. I am computer challenged so don't need new problems.....
That sounds good to me but you may take the chance to register for the Win 10 upgrade WITHOUT installing is now. There will be a moment when you need to upgrade to run a critical application and it is handy if you can do so without paying for it.
I saw some German articles about "legally" upgrading the MS license without installing it now. You may find similar information on US windows web pages.

ps. I am running win 7 (DCC and sound decoder programming tools) and win 10 (to grab the license and see the look and feel) as virtual machines under OS X with the help of VMWare fusion.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2016

Morning. been busy at school construction site. Cooler [not much]. 91 degrees and 56% humidity. Heat index 100. Chores and mow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 07-29-2016

So I did it. I joined facebook. I had two reasons 1) both of my brothers have new babies. Since they only share photos and news through facebook, I don't want to be out of this loop. 2) Work contacts. I meet many interesting people though my job and career wise I think it is important to stay somewhat in contact with them, so we remember who each other is in case we cross paths again.

A good friend warned me to not join until after the election as to not get bombarded with political crap. I felt that if I chose my "friends" carefully, I would avoid most of this. Well, my friend was 100% correct. Even people whom I didn't expect to get dragged into the political sewer are constantly posting political crap. Nope Nope Nope Wallbang Frankly, I am just surprised how much crap in general is posted or shared, and wonder where all these people get the time to do this!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-30-2016

Good morning all. Well, big clap of thunder last night and lo and behold, it was finally raining out. I don't know how long it rained, but this morning, the streets are dry and I don't seen any signs that it rained last night, not even a puddle. Not unexpected though since it did get up to 112 and so the streets and sidewalks are very hot to start with, even at night. Today there's a 40% chance of rain and temps forecast to be around 100. That's a big change, but we'll take it...

Not much else going on here, way too much street construction to feel good about. I guess when they're done, we'll all be pleased, but for now, it's a real mess going anywhere in any direction, some major roads are closed, some narrowed from three lanes to one...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 66 this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the upper70s. Looks to be a really nice day.

Yesterday I got the broken wire fixed on the Backyard & Southern and then ran the Afternoon Special for about an hour. Today I have already been to the yard waste disposal site and next up will be to change the oil on my car. May change the lawn mower oil also.

All stay safe.

Tom