The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-05-2016

Morning. 78 degrees. May have some rain. ????? Off to add some outlets to daughter's garage. Not as hot as has been. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 headed for sunny and 79.

The most excitement I've had in the last couple of days was when I ran out of propane while trying to grill on Thursday. One of the chores for today is to get the tank refilled. Also need to trim some bushes by the front door.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-06-2016

Morning. 83 degrees and 82% humidity. Off to finish wiring at Daughter's. Hope SIL has gotten the breaker I need. Really doubt it as he is slack. Wallbang Got a camper and he is all enthused over it. He is taking it to the farm this fall for his hunting sleeper.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-06-2016

High All !
Yeah, it's me, Sumpter 250, on my laptop. Had to use a different login, my desk top computer is "hard down", and my laptop computer couldn't log in with my usual screen name........sooooo Wink Thumbsup "Where there is a will, there is a way".......( that, or, greedy relatives ) :o Wink Sad
Still working on the "tern", not much progress with the construction, but getting lots of research done, on all the bits and pieces I will have to make to even begin adding the running rigging.
Still trying to find a way to get photos on this laptop, so I can upload them for all to see.
Pete

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-07-2016

Morning all. 80 degrees and 84% humidity. Sticky out. Cloudy but no rain.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-08-2016

Good morning all, another bright week is upon us. Yeah, we had bunches of rain last week, we finally got a bit in our area, but when they showed the rain map on TV, we were among the lowest in the valley. Some areas got up to 1 1/2" in a few hours, while we were sitting the lowest with only about 1/8". Still, we'll take whatever we can get.

Right now, our new van is sitting at the dealer's service dep't, once again. We didn't even get it home the first time when we had a problem. It took over 10 days to get the part and get it back to us. Here we are once again, no part in stock and we have to wait for Chrysler to send it. Let's hope they do better than 10 days this time. I'm also keeping track, the Lemon Law says that we can ask for a replacement car or our money back if it goes more than a total of 30 days in the shop.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-08-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more cool day before the weather starts to heat up again. It's 64 right now headed for 81. Tomorrow through Thursday highs will be in the upper 80s to low 90s with high humidity. Time to turn the a/c back on.

Got some chores done over the weekend. Trimmed the bushes by the front steps, ran the string trimmer, and ran the edger along the sidewalks. Also have an idea on what I want to do for scenery over the tunnel.

So far this morning I've been out for breakfast and did some grocery shopping at Walmart. Next up is to call my grandson for his birthday. After that maybe a trip to the gym and a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-09-2016

Good morning all, we're back up into the 110's again after a few days of rain, or the threat of rain... This was our 28th day at 110 or over, just five days away from the record set back in 2011.

There's a spur off of the BNSF mainline just a few blocks to the south of us. It cuts across Grand Ave. (US60), heads west, then cuts across a major intersection not far from our house. From there it goes through an fairly new industrial area, then to an underground storage facility for natural gas. Several times a week, there's a consist that heads out, somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30 in the morning, just about the time the going to work traffic is building up, and just around the time we are heading to the Sun City area for breakfast. I don't mind, but I have to wonder why at this time of the day. They start to move from a dead stop, and hit the crossing at just about five miles an hour, travel slow until just to the end of the consist and then stop to do some switching, before finally clearing the crossing. There is usually around 40 to 50 tank cars, yesterday I was blessed with having to wait, and I counted one boxcar, three gons and 44 tank cars. It took them seven minutes to clear the crossing and you can only imagine the traffic backup. Sometimes we get caught on the way home at that other intersection, the train still going slow. I'm not complaining, I'm probably one of the few that enjoy watching these trains, but I still have to wonder who scheduled this to happen during the busiest drive time of day for going to work traffic.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a hazy 66 outside my window this morning headed for a partly cloudy 86.

Not much accomplished yesterday other than laundry. I need to go back to Menards. I stopped in there the other day to pick up some pea gravel for the outdoor trains. All they had left were a few partial bags and of course no one around to ask if there was more. I'm headed there this morning to see if they have restocked.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-09-2016

High 80's and 79% humidity. Had 1.84 inches of rain last night. 1.1 in 30 minutes. Flooding in Raleigh. May have more today [not needed now] .
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-09-2016

Hello Blue
Sun and low 90s, still no rain.
Chores and errands done.
Chief I got a haircut. All of them
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-10-2016

Morning all. 84 degrees and 82% humidity. Sunny. Still being hot. AZ is going crazy. One end scorching and the other flooding. CA is burning as usual.

Off to great the freshmen at the HS. Feed them hotdogs for lunch. Their orientation. Later a meeting with a shopping center developer.

SJ, bet you now look sharp. Eek

Tom, hang in there.

Prayers for DAZ and his wife.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2016

Thanks Chief, things aren't getting better, every day is a challenge of some sort, but we manage because we have to.

Good morning all. Big storm coming in from Mexico, we watched TV as they dumped regular programming to cover the flooding, dust and wind damage. There were parts of the valley that got close to 2" of rain in a very short time. Us, we got a few sprinkles, not even enough to wet the concrete. We're in a flood watch until sometime tomorrow, but still, no measurable rain in our immediate area.

I get a kick out of the TV reporters, "If you live in this area, you are in a power outage until _____". Doh, don't you already know that you don't have power, and how can you get that info from the TV if you can't turn it on? I guess they have to say something just in case you're at work and your boss lets you watch TV all day....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-10-2016

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted IQ, once stood for Intelligence Quotient......Now, :o Wink it stands for ignorance quotient !! Icon_twisted :mrgreen: Icon_twisted

And...... people seem to still want a high "IQ" Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 08-10-2016

ezdays Wrote:There's a spur off of the BNSF mainline just a few blocks to the south of us. It cuts across Grand Ave. (US60), heads west, then cuts across a major intersection not far from our house. From there it goes through an fairly new industrial area, then to an underground storage facility for natural gas.
Do you know any other information about the underground storage facility? Sounds very interesting. I never knew that was out there.