The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-14-2016

Hot and humid. You don't do things outside. Went to Sunday School. Off to VA tomorrow. Oldest Daughter moves in to baby sit while we are gone. Not worried, she shoots well [was a LE officer].

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2016

Morning. Off to VA for a few.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 after an overnight low of 57. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with a warming trend til Friday when the high is only supposed to be in the low 70s.

Put weed killer on the yard again yesterday. Also cleaned the bike chain and went for a 13 mile ride to a local park. Different from my usual route and rather a boring ride. Up next for today is a trip to the gym. This afternoon's adventures remain a mystery at the moment.

Chief - enjoy your trip.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 72 outside my window this morning with an expected high in the mid 80s. Chance for rain tonight.

Quiet day yesterday and more of the same is in store for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 08-16-2016

Howdy howdy. It's raining like crazy up here in Indiana and I'm lovin' every drop! That's all I got.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-16-2016

We had a major amount of rain (for this summer) today that apparently blew up from the Gulf of Mexico.
Otherwise, not much of interest (do you care about my haircut?)

- Sumpter250 - 08-17-2016

Mornin' All......
The end of year is rapidly approaching.......... 357 Train show time in Northern Illinois, and Southern Wisconsin ( mostly Wisconsin ), for the Lake County Society of Modular Engineers. Sept. 15,16,17, at the Racine County Fairgrounds. November 12,13, TRAINFEST, Milwaukee County Fairgrounds ( this one usually has lots of layouts, and lots of vendors, like MDC, Athearn, Soundtracks, etc., and several regional Hobby Shops.
Finally, November 19,20 there will be one in Grays Lake, Illinois. We should have location information for that at Train Fest, and if it comes out sooner I'll post it here.

We will probably be back in the "Goat Barn" at the Racine County show, and both there, and Grays Lake, we will have a smaller layout. TRAINFEST, we should have a relatively huge layout ( TRAINFEST ) is a BIG show !!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 08-17-2016

BR60103 Wrote:...do you care about my haircut?
Maybe... did you get a mohawk? ...or dye it in the BNSF color scheme? ... or have the Santa Fe logo shaved into the back of your head?

Re: - TrainNut - 08-18-2016

Sumpter251 Wrote:We will probably be back in the "Goat Barn" at the Racine County show,...
That sounds like a nice clean, dust free, electrically conductive atmosphere! :o Not!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2016

Good morning all. We are approaching a new record once again. It's been 110 or higher for 30 days this summer, just three away from the record. We;re also heading to another record, that being the hottest summer on record. It'll be a while before they know, but I'll testify that it's been hot. Now they're saying we've got rain and wind in the forecast for the rest of this week and the coming weekend. We'll see. There was some rain early yesterday, big dump or rain just south of us but the only sign of rain here was a dirty car, not even enough rain to wash off the dirt from the wind blowing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2016

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 72 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 90 then cooling off for tomorrow. 90% chance of rain tomorrow night.

Not much going on around here lately. Beer and bereavement this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-18-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 85 today. Sadly the daylight hours are getting shorter.
I cut the grass yesterday, there are still a lot of brown spots from our dry spell but the green needed cutting.
Then a nice afternoon rain settled in. Not long but enough.
No train news.
I don't know if I told you about our not to bright adult neighbor.
After the garbage was picked up he went out and switched plastic garbage containers on us. BUT granny recognized the ratty tore up bottom and knew who took ours. Busted.
Yea we got ours back.
S.J.

Re: Re: - Sumpter250 - 08-18-2016

TrainNut Wrote:
Sumpter251 Wrote:We will probably be back in the "Goat Barn" at the Racine County show,...
That sounds like a nice clean, dust free, electrically conductive atmosphere! :o Not!
I usually keep a track cleaning car somewhere in the consist. It does help keep things going.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-18-2016

Back from long trip into the VA mountains. Good trip. Now to unpack.

Trainnut, I've been to Racine and that county. Yes, drove through twice from Chicago.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-19-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, humid, and 72 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with a 90% chance of rain tonight.

Oldest grandson stopped by yesterday afternoon and wanted me to go to the outdoor firing range with him. The temperature was 90 with the humidity running a close second. I graciously declined but really appreciated him stopping by. I did venture out later to go to beer and bereavement. Always a fun evening.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and maybe some yard work this afternoon.

Welcome back, Chief.

All stay safe.

Tom