The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-19-2016

Morning all. Did a mayor's reception last night. Doing some errands and a Mayor's visit to Town Hall to see what is on my desk. Always have to sign things. First of the year HS football game tonight. Maybe a T'storm to help with the dryness. Who would have "thunk" it. Been so wet all summer. May water some more this afternoon.

Tom, no need to go when it is like that. What we've had for weeks here. VA mountains were a lot cooler and less humid. Constant breeze there.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cool and breezy outside my window this morning. Right now it's 61 headed for 71 later this afternoon. We've picked up over and inch and a half of rain in the last 24 hours.

With all the rain I didn't get much accomplished outdoors other than install new seats on both bicycles. On tap for today is some clothes shopping this morning. This afternoon I may put some more solar lights around the Backyard & Southern.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-21-2016

Rise and shine, all you sleepy heads!

it's gonna be a beautiful! High of 75 with low humidity and light breezes.

Bought a couple of new sweaters yesterday. My wife would have been proud. Shopped the clearance racks and used coupons. Yesterday afternoon I put out the rest of the solar rope lights for the Backyard & Southern. I'll try to get pictures this evening. On tap for today is a quick trip to Walmart before it gets busy and maybe some ballast work in the back yard.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-21-2016

Tom I is up. Sleepy but up.
It's gonna be a nice summer day in SE Mich. 80s with sun.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-22-2016

Morning. Cooler. Only getting into the 80's for several days. On the run. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

One more nice day in store for me. Right now it's 63 with a prognosticated sunny high of 82. Rain moves in tomorrow evening with 1-2 inches predicted.

Never did get any outdoor chores done yesterday. I was busy cooking. Made some potato salad and an angel food cake. Also went for a bike ride. Last night i watched The Las Ship on TNT and recorded Brain Dead on CBS. I'll watch that tonight.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym this morning. This afternoon I'll try to get something done in the back yard, possibly mowing. At 5:30 there is a workshop for the city council on biking/walking trail improvements.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-22-2016

Good morning all, a bit of rain the other night, glad I didn't get the car washed. Still more rain in the forecast for this week, but I could do just as well forecasting the weather as they do and they get the big bucks for doing it... How can you go wrong with saying that there's a 20% chance of rain today? It could rain anytime today in any amount... or not, and you won't be wrong. Nope

Oh, time to break out the jackets and long johns, the forecast for today will be a chilly 100, and not too much higher for the rest of the week. We actually turned off the car's A/C the other morning, it was 80 outside and we probably should have turned the heater on...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-22-2016

Morning was spent cleaning the Motor Home -- rugs and stuff and I dumped the water tanks as we don't expect to have it out again before winter and possibly not even in winter.
Afternoon I was trying to get the internet radios connected. We had a tech out on the weekend and he replaced a batch of stuff including the modem.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-23-2016

Morning all. Cooler. Headed east to the farms. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2016

Good morning all, yet another storm rolled through yesterday. A few miles north of us they had over 1/2" of rain in a short period, we got a bit of drizzle. I don't know why, but wherever we live, we seem to be in some sort of an anti-rain vacuum. Mother Nature knows we like the rain, but I'll be it we moved to Seattle, she'd see that things would change up there big time. It's a pity, some areas of our country are getting flooding, some 60,000 homes are affected and I wish them all the best since most of them are stuck with paying for their own damages. One person was interview and said that after the last flood, they went and bought flood insurance, but now they find it doesn't cover "this" type of flood damage. I thought that a flood was a flood regardless of its origin, but I guess not according to their insurance company...Our prayers are with all these folks and those that are in the middle of those fires here in the west...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 headed for cloudy and 82. 80% chance of rain tonight with up to 2" predicted.

Went to the city council meeting last night. There was a presentation on future plans for the hiking/biking trails around town. Today I need to go get some dirt to put over the new tunnel. Also plan to mow the yard before the rain tonight. it's at that "almost" point where it's looking shaggy but not quite ready. But if I wait until the yard dries out again it will be really long. Also on tap for today is a bike ride.

Picture up in WPF of new lights around the train.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 08-23-2016

FiatFan Wrote:Also plan to mow the yard before the rain tonight. it's at that "almost" point where it's looking shaggy but not quite ready. But if I wait until the yard dries out again it will be really long.
I've been playing that game for the last several weeks and now I have a jungle out there! I was going to mow this morning (before the rain) but the grass was still too wet from the nights dew. Mowing wet grass makes a big nasty mess. My neighbor hasn't mowed parts of his all summer and his grass and weeds are over 6' tall!

Mmmm, almost forgot... Last night I was using my JD lawn tractor and dumping some grass clippings in a hole down on the corner of our property and started getting hit with... things...
First thought... what's hitting me?
Second thought... owwww, that one kind of hurt!
Third thought... BEEEEEEEEES!
Fourth thought... RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Yep, they got me. They've never bothered me there before so maybe they were just passing through.
I went down later (dressed in jeans and a rain jacket with hood) to retrieve the tractor and didn't see a single one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-23-2016

After long phone calls to techs at our Internet provider and the Radio people, we discovered that the modem was faulty. A quick trip to the Rogers store gave me a replacement (but a different model) and another short phone call got me set up. The internet radios attached themselves immediately.

There is now nothing scheduled for the rest of the week. Anyone for the Gathering of the Bands in Kincardine? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kspb.ca/3.php">http://kspb.ca/3.php</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-23-2016

I was putting the garbage out this morning and thinking of songs about it:

The Blue Bin of Happiness

Green Bin -- There's an old potato and it's gonna rot/Inside the green bin.

Grey bin -- suggestions?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-24-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Grey bin -- suggestions?
The old grey bin - she ain't what she used to be

Tom