The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-24-2016

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 66 headed for 80. That 1-2 inches of rain we were supposed to get last night - yeah, the street was a little damp this morning. It didn't even rain enough to get through the trees. And we pay these people how much?

On a more positive note I did get a few things accomplished yesterday. Got a 30 gallon tote full of dirt from my neighbor and put it over the tunnel, thinking it would be plenty. Going back today for a second tote and hope it will be enough. Also got the yard mowed yesterday.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym followed by another load of dirt, although the dirt trip may get put off until tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-24-2016

Morning all. Edgecombe worked me to death. Dug up hybrid pigweed. Roundup doesn't phase. Think it makes it grow. Then wired up SIL's and Daughter's camper hook up. He has one for hunting camp next to the one we have.
Errand today. FIL's birthday dinner. At Youngest SIL's house. Her hubby cooking burgers. Small, round and hard as charcoal. Eek
Tom, same here. Suppose to rain, sprinkles or very light showers. Poured the other night for 3 minutes.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-24-2016

Chief:
A local university student is doing research on an invasive and nasty plant called "giant hogweed". Could this be anything like your pigweed? Ours has a nasty sap that causes blisters and scars if exposed to sunlight.

Edit: just checked. Yours seems to be edible, even.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 08-24-2016

Evening All ....internet is finally back . It was a rather " sphincter-tightening " afternoon here , as a tornado touched down briefly . It's the first time in 42 years that one has actually touched the ground here , about 5 miles from my house ...too close for comfort Eek . There was some damage in the storm area with a few roofs torn off , etc. , but no injuries thankfully . Nothing like unpredictable hot , humid weather . Although other parts of North America have had flooding we've had an extended drought so the rain was needed , just not with a tornado attached . Goldth

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-25-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Chief:
A local university student is doing research on an invasive and nasty plant called "giant hogweed". Could this be anything like your pigweed? Ours has a nasty sap that causes blisters and scars if exposed to sunlight.

Edit: just checked. Yours seems to be edible, even.

No, ours has little thorns. Especially at the top. Roots are big and mainly on top of the ground but spread in a big area.

Back from early Raleigh meeting. Hot again today.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-26-2016

Greetings,gang.

Cloudy and 57 headed for a high of cloudy and 75. Chance of light rain overnight tonight.

The tunnel is complete. I put the rest of the dirt down and then covered the area with rocks of various sizes. I'll be getting pictures up later.

On tap for today is some grocery shopping and a trip to Menards. I'm going to skip the gym this morning and instead head for the golf course, something I haven't done in over 5 years. Looking forward to it.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 08-26-2016

Good Morning one and all!

It was a rather interesting here in the land of the Buckeyes yesterday.

Since it was to hot yesterday to railfan outside I worked on various modeling projects and finished reading a Western novel under the A/C and last night after it cooled down I did some night time railfaning from my back yard into the wee hours of the morning.A cop did spotlight me and asked me if I lived here-all the lights in the house was turned off after he was satisfied I wasn't a boogie man or one of the homeless persons-we have three here in Bucyrus-all druggies.

I suspect the old hag that lives across the street from me called the cops again.She calls them regularly about "suspicious persons".

I'm not sure what I'll get into today..I might even make some tuna casserole.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-26-2016

Hello Blue. Sun and 86 today.
A few storms this week most missed us.
The local news showed a tornado forming on the Detroit River, it continued east and hit 2 towns in Canada.
A trip to Menards with my friend to P/U his train order. I bought some C batteries 12 Alk. on sale for $4.99.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-26-2016

A friend sent me a link to an estate sale that includes a lot of model railways -- must be someone we knew. While there are a number of identifiable items, there are a few pictures that are just boxes. One shows a pile of boxes -- the side that has a manufacturer name but nothing else.

We seem to be a bit past the water shortage. All the grass has greened up and the rocks in the pond are submerged again. Lot of complaints about a big international company that has been sucking water out of the ground and putting it in plastic bottles, even as we're in a level 2 water use restriction.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 08-27-2016

Good Morning All.

Not much to report from the land of Buckeyes other then I shifted eras on my ISL from 77/78 to 95/96 so I can use my Ohio Central GP7-its a P2K that I picked up for $55.00..It was a bigger job then I thought since I had to place all 50 of my higher detail cars in a "interchange" ratio of 8 cars and not all 8 cars will be used for a given "work" day.You see some days there's only outbound cars or 1 or 2 inbound cars.

The thought has cross my mind to reletter my Bachmann GE 70 tonner for Lake Side Terminal RR. or LST for short. LST would be located in one of the cities located on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie-perhaps Toledo or Loraine. It main function would be to service Lake View Industrial complex and maybe a two miles long and would interchange with CR.Era 1994/95.

That remains a thought on the back burner on slow cook..

Have a good 'un! Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cool, and very humid in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 63 with 94% humidity. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s.

Made it to the golf course yesterday for the first time in over 5 years. Not too bad considering. Today I've been to Menards and Walmart. Not sure what is up for the rest of the morning but there will be a bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-27-2016

Morning all. Still morning for 4 minutes. May be afternoon before hitting post. 92 degrees and 61% humidity. Says 105 heat index. Been coordinating the free delivery of BIG rocks to HS. Part of our Rolesville Granite. Builders have to drill and blast for all subdivisions.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and a humid 85 today
Yesterday afternoon we got a downpour of rain, an inch plus in about one hour.
After a very dry summer the grass is greening up again, a few brown spots left but they are slowly disappearing.
Only train news is a trip to Menards to P/U some O ga flatcars my friend ordered.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-28-2016

Morning. Back from Sunday School. Hot and humid [what's new]. Need rain as have been watering Wifey's plants. All we get is brief showers for abut one minute.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 81 with 74% humidity so kind of a muggy day today. high is supposed to be about 85.

Busy morning. Watched a very entertaining Formula 1 race (there have actually been several of them this year). Then went for a bike ride while my laptop was updating. Back from bike ride, finished updating laptop, and called sister-in-law about some inheritance my kids are supposed to get. Long ugly story could get uglier before it's all over. Relatives, money, and inheritance pretty much always spells trouble.

This afternoon is goof off time. I may run some trains later this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom