The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-28-2016

FiatFan Wrote:called sister-in-law about some inheritance my kids are supposed to get. Long ugly story could get uglier before it's all over. Relatives, money, and inheritance pretty much always spells trouble.

Tom

Yes, one is always greedy. Sad. Breaks up families.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-29-2016

Good morning all, the start of another work week for some, just another day for us retired old folks. Typical time of year around here, school had started a few weeks ago for most school districts, I haven't a clue why so early, but they start here around the second week of August, and the weather is unpredictable. Heavy rains and flooding in parts of the valley, just a trickle in other parts. We had a lot of wind the other day, enough to break off a large branch of one of our citrus trees, maybe because it was heavy with fruit that we usually don't collect. Just how many lemons can two people use? And you can't give them away, nobody else can use them either....

Speaking of the weather, we took our van to the carwash the other day, and, of course, the next morning it was pockmarked with dirt from the little bit of rain that we did get. Going to leave it that way since there's rain in the forecast again, but it probably won't happen if I leave the van dirty. Funny how one person and one little thing like washing (or not) a vehicle can control the weather for millions of other people. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 08-29-2016

Good Morning one and all!

Not much to report from the land of withered Buckeyes other then another hot day is on tap so, no railfaning today. Work on the new Slate Creek is progressing slowly the bench work is up 12" wide boards on metal "L" shelving braces set at 18" centers at 54"" height from the floor-for me that just upper chest level perfect viewing for switching when standing and since I will be using manual Peco switches perfect. Once the track is down I will add two jacks for my Tech 6 throttle. I'm debating if a bus and feeders is really needed since the layout is L shape and each leg is 12' . I decided my video gaming table and work desk will occupy the other two walls. My older 12' Slate Creek is still in operation since its portable and thus the slow rate building the new Slate Creek.
Hindsight is clearly 20/20..I should have incorporated that layout into my new Slate Creek. I suspect once the snow starts flying and the wind chill is below the zero mark the new layout will be built in no time at all.

Have a good'un!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-30-2016

Morning. Yesterday, got FIL's pickup running [hadn't cranked in two years]. Off to a meeting in Raleigh. Busy day until later tonight. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 70 headed for cloudy and 80 today. 50% chance of rain.

It's been a quiet couple of days for me. This morning I need to get my glasses fixed and do a little grocery shopping.

Don - maybe your school system starts early to allow for snow days. 357

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-30-2016

Good evening all,

Been a long while for me. Been busy with work and keep up with yard work(no trains) I work the weekends normally sometimes the noon shift and some times the 4:00 pm to 12:00 am where ever they are short handed.

Local news here is that Columbus Castings formally Buckeye steel has been bought with the intention of selling off the assets and re developing the land. Sad to see the end of the steel plant but on the bright side the air in the neighborhood is much cleaner Confusedhock:

The weather here has been crazy hot and humid then downpour of rain. soon it will be fall weather again then snOHIO Icon_lol

Well that is all for now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-30-2016

Welcome back AF! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-31-2016

Good morning all, we have temps that are below 100 one day and close to 110 the next. A bit crazy, but I agree that school starts early here to allow for snow days. For sure, when it snows up around Flagstaff, half the school takes off and heads north... 357 357 That's as close to a snow day as we get around here.

Glad to see some of our long-time members are coming back. Lots of things keep us away from our hobbies, and away from here as well, but we like to keep in touch regardless. As for me, it's been a while since I've run trains or worked on my layout. I started a new one about a year ago and had to give it up when we got serious about moving. And here we are, packing up once again. Yup, we're getting serious about moving again. I did touch my train stuff, I had to repack some stuff since the box they were in was a bit crushed. Icon_lol No damage to any of the structures inside, but it did tug at my emotions a bit knowing it'll be a while before I can see them again. :cry: We are downsizing once again, but I've promised myself that I'll be doing something with my trains once we've settled.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-31-2016

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine but a bit cool this morning. Right now it's 55 headed for a high of 78 with lower humidity. Looks to be a nice day.

Later this morning I'm heading to the next town over to help my son's mother-in-law with her new computer and printer. Also a catch-up session. Haven't talked with her for a while so it should be fun.

Not much planned for this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 08-31-2016

Greetings from the (today) wet coast of Canada. I have been lurking for a while and I see some of my favourite fellow train guys hanging out here. If you don't mind, I'll warm up by the fire and hopefully have something to offer to the group down the road. The place seems to have a rather relaxed and positive atmosphere. Oooooh! I see a Guitar, I should have brought mine along. Nothin like a few train tunes to end the day on.

Brent

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-31-2016

BATMAN Wrote:Greetings from the (today) wet coast of Canada. I have been lurking for a while and I see some of my favourite fellow train guys hanging out here. If you don't mind, I'll warm up by the fire and hopefully have something to offer to the group down the road. The place seems to have a rather relaxed and positive atmosphere. Oooooh! I see a Guitar, I should have brought mine along. Nothin like a few train tunes to end the day on.

Brent

Welcome to Big Blue, I think someone has a harmonica, one guy plays the spoons and I think the one that has the drum set has a gig the other town over, but he'll be back, so go get your guitar and let's make some noise. Dancing

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-01-2016

Well here it is September 1st, another year almost gone.

I ran 5 trains at once a week or so ago, the MTH steamer with a few drops of super smoke caused an air quality alert in the train room Icon_lol

I recently received a hand me down scroll saw, works great my skill with it needs a lot of practice. My 3D printer needs re-calibrated and fine tuned but will be replaced at some point with a better model, also thinking about maybe a laser cutter/engraver from micro mark.

Been putting up some book shelves(4 sets) to hold my electronics books (text books and hobby books) also a lot of train and art books.

ITT school is closing its doors their enrollment went from 300 to about 90 students. Glad that I did not go there Nope ITT was a technical college.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another day of sunshine and low humidity in progress. It's 66v right now headed for a high of 77.

Had lunch with my son's mother-in-law yesterday and helped her get her printer hooked up to her computer. Then after lunch I started the process of ordering my wife's tombstone. Not a pleasant task but the gentleman was very nice and made the process a little easier. Yesterday afternoon I got the yard mowed and ran the string trimmer to make it all look pretty. On tap for today are a bike ride and beer and bereavement.

A little off my normal routine today. Went to bed at about 11 last night and woke up at 3 AM this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up and read for two hours. Back to bed at 5 and woke up about 8, very unusual for me.

AF - good to see you back. I promise not to sing along and the world will be abetter place for it. As far back as the eighth grade it has been acknowledge by all that I cannot sing. There were 16 people in my 8th grade class but only 15 in the eighth grade choir. 35

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-01-2016

Hello Blue
The weather changed with the calendar. Low 70s today, no humidity, and a north wind.
We all said our goodbyes today to Elmer the owner of Wild Bills Train, He passed two days ago from lung cancer.
He was by far the best toy train repairman in the area.
My musical talent goes no father than twanging a rubber band but I'll join in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-02-2016

Morning all. Was down east yesterday. New stand up and ready. Feeder moved to a new spot. Ended up being a nice and good work day.

Welcome back AF.

Rain finally came yesterday. More just south of us. We are to get lots before morning. OK. Winds have lessened so that is good. Prayers for FL.

Have a good one.