The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 84 for the day.
A quiet Sunday and shopping this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-04-2014

Well still haven't found my bed yet but its coming soon did find the lawn mower and cut the grass here can't complain thou I normally only need to do it about 4 - 6 times a year as my grass grows real slow or should I say my weeds grow real slow lol. Went to the store and thats been my morning.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-04-2014

There's trouble in the family over the truck. My father owns it, his name is on the title but his son-in-law, my brother-in-law, claims a strong sentimental attachment to it as does his son (my nephew). They've started a fight over it and won't allow my father to sell it unless it's to one of them. I've already put out money on it, serviced it and paid for gas. To keep peace in the family my father took it back. I still have the use of it (until they decide they want to borrow it. They both have their own but seem reluctant to use them for heavy work). I'm madder than a wet hornet about it, both at them and at my father. My fathers name is on the title yet they're throwing tantrums about it as if it's theirs. They say they use it a lot. It's sat out in the yard for four years doing nothing. Before they started their complaining yesterday I had told my nephew that I would be selling my van soon. He expressed an interest in the tires but he thinks I just give them to him. I told him that wasn't going to happen. He could have them for $100. Well, considering what went down yesterday I don't care if comes up with $1,000, he isn't getting within a hundred feet of those tires. After the way he screwed me yesterday I'll sell the van for scrap first and let the tires go with it before he gets them. Meanwhile I have to scrape more money together to buy another vehicle. I've decided the vans not worth it. I'm not asking for any more money. Looks like I'm making a trip to the loan office in town. It's going to raise the payments on my loan but it's the only option I have at this point.

Extremely ticked off in Louisiana!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-04-2014

Ya know RB, it should come down to need, not want. You are really in need of basic transportation, they want it because they "have a sentimental attachment" towards it and that just doesn't sound right. Your dad owns the truck, it's in his name, he has the right to sell it to whoever he wants, and his son (you), and your needs should come first. You have every right to be upset with those people.... Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-04-2014

[Image: POWERFUL.jpg]

The First Air Force One

It's a shame it's rotting away in a desert.

Good evening. 89°, 86% humidity, rain 20%.

Not much happening right now. I'm still too ticked off to be polite company tonight. I managed to get a little from the loan company. Not much, only $400. It increased my monthly payment from $110 to $117. It's gonna have to do. Around here I won't be able to get any vehicle that runs worth a darn.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010049-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-05-2014

Good Morning Blue
We woke up to thunder and rain.
Low 80s for the day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-05-2014

Morning all. Was a busy and hectic day and night yesterday. Town Board ended at 10:30. Had to hear from two property owners that didn't want FREE sidewalk in front of their property. Then long close session on buying more property downtown.

Chores today. Mow too.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-05-2014

Good morning everyone, humidity and dew points are up, but still no rain in the forecast. The TV news is full of pictures of trees and large cacti down on houses, walls and cars, and in swimming pools and streets plus roofs torn off buildings. This is from the storms we had over the weekend. They have now decided that a lot of damage isn't the winds of the storms, it's from "microbursts". I really don't think the homeowners care what caused it, as they assess the damage and figure out how they're going to get the insurance companies to pay for it all. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-05-2014

Good morning. It's 84° with 74% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Had a doc appointment this morning to get examined and scheduled for gall bladder surgery. It's been scheduled for the 27th of this month as outpatient surgery.

Talked with my brother-in-law yesterday. He keeps on with the 'sentimental attachment' line but it doesn't take a genius to detect the underlying attitude. 'If my son (my nephew) can't have it you can't have it either'. I so feel like telling them both to go take a flying leap! I haven't seen hide nor hair of my nephew since since this flap started. Probably knows that I'm extremely displeased with him. Been looking around for a vehicle but everything in my price range requires tons of maintenance and repairs. Vehicles that're in fair to good cost much more than I can manage or require financing. I can't afford financing in any way, shape or form. I have to be able to get it with a single affordable payment.

[Image: P1010016-6.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-05-2014

I think the stress of this situation is getting to me. Lately I've had bad headaches, tingling in my face and eyes, weakness in my left arm and knee, pain in my back. I'm having trouble moving around and have to keep my knees locked just to stand. Lousy isn't a good word to describe it.

I'm calling it a day early today. See y'all whenever.

[Image: P1010017-8.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-05-2014

RB
My boss had his gall bladder out. His actuarial studies told him that if he survived the operation, Eek he would be rated"normal" for insurance purposes. It is one of the older operations -- Samuel Pepys had it (and it turned him into a sex maniac).

Is that the same nephew who was going to cut off the branch over your trailer?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-06-2014

BR60103 Wrote:Is that the same nephew who was going to cut off the branch over your trailer?
The same one who was supposed to cut down the tree and never did.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-06-2014

Good morning everyone, here we are at yet another Wednesday, and so the weekend can't be that far away. It's been hot here and a bit sticky, but no rain in sight until this weekend (according to the TV lady), or Monday (according to the Weather Channel). The truck still has mud on it from tromping through the desert last Saturday, but no way am I taking it through the car wash until these "monsoon" storms settle down.

High today around 106 (normal), no where near the record of 112 (Phoenix) or 114 (Surprise, AZ)