The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 09-02-2016

To all in the path of "Hermine"......My hopes for as minimum damage as possible!
Having grown up on the south shore of Long Island, N.Y., I have a fair memory of what that experience is like.
August 31 1954, Hurricane Carol came about "that close" to taking our summer cottage, and all of us, "out to sea".

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-03-2016

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny and mild day in store for me today. 63 now headed for 76. Slightly warmer tomorrow.

Not much to report. It's been a very quiet week for me. Prayers for those in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-03-2016

Morning all. 2.3 inches of rain. No wind damage. Actually squirrels made so much more mess eating pecans [before they fill out good] and dropping green hulls on concrete] than the storm. Think NC got of real good. Much needed rain. Limited power outages. Yanks may get it bad later. Going to sit off the coast and churn up there.

One Mayor's thingy and then errands.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-03-2016

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 70s today.
First Michigan football game of the new season begins at noon.
Have a safe and pleasant holiday weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-04-2016

Morning. 71 degrees. Cooler and a nice day. Getting ready for Church. Errands later. Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-04-2016

Good evening all, Just a lazy Sunday. Made dinner for folks tonight pizza Popcornbeer I used to make my own dough but at dollar tree you can get a crust(thin is the only choice) for a dollar and a small jar of sauce for a dollar just add toppings and bake, actually tastes pretty good, Aldi's also has a similar crust with a packet of sauce included.

Work is going very well but I have found myself counting how long to the end of shift and then at home counting how long till time to go to work Icon_lol

I bought my first hydro cal structure kit in O scale Chop suey restaurant, another build to put on the to do list Misngth

not much else going on here.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-05-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66 degrees with light rain showers off and on this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 80s and breezy, with gusts up to 30 mph.

it's been a very quiet week for me. I haven't talked to another person since Sat. evening when my son called me after the game.

Today I may get outside and run the trains for a while after I get the bills paid.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-05-2016

Hello Blue
A safe holiday to all.
Well Michigan and Ohio State won their games with high scores. They coulda let the cheerleaders play awhile.
A family reunion yesterday at my cousins house. A beautiful day on the shore Of Lake Erie. The weather was perfect with a temp in the 70s.
ya'all have a safe holiday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-06-2016

Morning. Sunny and warm. 90's this week with it dropping to mid 80's by weekend. Off to County Commissioners and then Town Board today/night. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-06-2016

Nice early Fall-like morning here.. Beautiful weather.... Heading to the 80's today an 90's by the end of the week.
Took a day trip to Bethlehem PA yesterday. I'll have some pictures of the steel plant later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2016

Good morning all, getting a bit cooler here as well, still have a few days forecast at over 100, but I think the 110 ones are behind us for now. It's suppose to rain as well, some remnants of a hurricane coming up from the Pacific should be here by now, if not, it took a sharp right turn just south of here so you guys in New Mexico and the Texas Panhandle, watch out 'cause it's heading your way.... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-07-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 78 with rain off and on through Friday night. Probably not much outdoor activity this week.

Nothing much to report Just checking in.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-07-2016

We went to a pipe band concert tonight. Last one of the season. Weather was doubtful -- sprinkles right up to the scheduled start time, but it held off for the whole (shortish) event.
Just after I sat down at the keyboard there was heavy drumming on the roof (snare drums, I think) and both of us got up to discuss it. Second round started recently.

I've been doing a bit of basic scenics. Dayle had put down some green felt and placed buildings and stuff on it, but I felt it was time to improve it (the club is coming over on the 18th). So I outlined where the buildings went and covered the rest with WS assorted green turn. I had some spare card and I cut building outlines (floor plans) from it and pinned it down and put grass over the rest. A little bit of card stuck but the area stayed pretty clear. Next Dayle will try to put the trees back where they were.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-08-2016

Good morning everyone. Well, we did get some of that tropical storm (former hurricane), but not as much as expected. Some southern parts of the state got drenched, flooding around the Tucson area but as it made its way north, we kind of got sideswiped. As usual, some areas got almost an inch of rain while others, no a drop. That's usually us, but this time we did get around 1/8" of rain yesterday morning. We were in Sun City at the time it was raining, and those folks did well in the rain gauge category.

Has anyone here been watching "America's Got Talent"? The finals are next week and I'm just wondering if anyone has their favorite to win. Some of our favorites went by the wayside over the past few weeks. We've watch this every year, and it seems as if many of the contestants are getting younger every year, and winning too....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-08-2016

Morning. Hot and humid. Off on Mayor's duties. Busy day. Went east to the farms and sowed food plots yesterday. Stayed soaked with sweat. Was cloudy and actually rained a little [not forecasted]. Was already wet so didn't make any difference.

Have a good one.