The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-08-2016

Hello Blue
Hot and humid, 90s today w/the usual chance of storms.
Only train news for the moment is our first fall club meet Saturday evening.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-09-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 66 at the moment but a threat of more rain on the way. So far we've picked about .4 with more possibly this afternoon.

Went to beer and bereavement last night and for whatever reason everyone was in a mood. It got pretty raw after a while. Haven't laughed that much for some time.

On tap for today is maybe a bike ride this afternoon if the streets dry out. Not a big fan of having a mud stripe down my back after riding.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2016

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine and cool temperatures will be the order of the day here. Right now it's 57 with a predicted high of 71. Nice weather for football. Yesterday we picked up an additional inch of rain which was much needed.

Last night the family met at a local sports bar for son-in-law's birthday celebration. On tap for today is college football at 11 and maybe some yardwork after the game.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-10-2016

Morning. Sunny and humid. Got vertigo from a virus in inner ear. Little drowsy from meds. Not much on tap. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-11-2016

Never Forget.     Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-11-2016

Morning all. Hot and humid. Maybe a shower later. Great photo Charlie B. Remembering those who didn't make it on 9-11 and those who responded. All have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-12-2016

Hello Blue
Cooler, 50s this morning, 70s for the day.
There was a good turnout for our first club meet of the new season.
If your interested a video is posted on OGR under the heading Detroit3railers.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-12-2016

Well, at 40 year's old, I'm finally going to be a dad - twice Smile Yep, twins Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-12-2016

Kevin, congratulations Applause Applause Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 09-12-2016

Kevin, that is great, and twins too. The next generation of modelers. I wish you nothing but happiness.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-13-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning. Right now it's 59 headed for a high of 69 with a chance of rain. We picked up about 3/4 inch of rain overnight.

Very quiet in the remote reaches of northern Iowa lately. Part of that is the fact that no one is making any claims on my time. I've done a little yardwork but not much else. Lately I've been contemplating a trip to Duluth to see the train museum and other tourist stuff.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - railbuilderdhd - 09-13-2016

Hi all!!
I know its been years since I joined and in those years I've spend about .0000001% time here. I'm glad I'm back to hang out and it looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up. Over the paste many years I never really got much off the ground. I found with health and the birth of my son my time for my hobby has been to a fraction of what I had before. I'm now looking to get myself back to the hobby since I'll be having more time soon as I retire in about a year. I'll be a lucky guy retiring at a young age of about 50. I'm building a HO layout for me and my son now. With the retirement in my future I'm thinking I'll be able to get to many of those projects I'm using to collect dust right now.
Anyway, 4 years ago we moved into a newer home and I got an area large enough to have a nice layout. I'm now actually building the bench for it and will start a thread for that build here. I would love to get ideas and feedback from others.
I know I see names here from other forums I've visited in the past and hope I'm not to much a stranger here. I'm sure it will not be long I'll be feeling right at home.

I love the picture below and would love to model this locomotive one day. I'll be sure to be doing more research on this one.

Good to be back here guys and thanks for not deleting my account for not using it after so many years.
Dave

Charlie B Wrote:Never Forget.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-13-2016

Dave, good to see your post. My O gauge layout in a 14X40 building just for it is all NS.

Had a busy day. Early out to attend this award ceremony. Future Daughter-in-law. Son is there with me and the girls.

http://abc11.com/society/raleigh-mom-officer-gets-thousands-in-free-groceries/1510187/

Proud of her. They get married Oct. 22. Actually 4th is on the way.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-14-2016

Good morning all, here we are at another hump day, basically a double, midway through the week and midway through the month. Time is really flying, they're counting down the days to the election, and when you step into a Walmart, you're surrounded by Halloween decorations and costumes. They've already started their Christmas layaway program and summer's not over yet.

Been raining on and off the past week or so, no rain in the forecast as far as they can see, but then that can change within minutes this time of the year when a storm suddenly comes out of nowhere. Temps are down a bit, but with the humidity, it's still not fun to be outside. We did a bit of yardwork yesterday and we were good for about a half-hour and that was pushing things for us....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-14-2016

Morning all. Suppose to hit 90 today. Busy with a luncheon and then paint plywood for deer stands.

Have a good one.