The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-14-2016

Was a guest today of the Wednesday Night Water Boilers -- G gauge live steamers (or live batteriers). Running and sossidges and lots of talking. I was given one train to pilot around Formby Gorge for a while. This is in the backyard of the Lostock Junction Railway.
Our deck rebuild was finished this morning, right on the estimate. Weather held off; the predicted showers turned into overcast. Late afternoon was lovely fluffy clouds.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-15-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with good chances for rain today and tonight.

Yesterday I got the yard mowed and the sidewalk cleaned up. Not much else going on. Today is a trip to the grocery store and gym. Tonight is beer and bereavement.

Welcome to our newest member. Pull up a stump and make yourself comfortable

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-15-2016

Morning. Highs in the 80's for a change. Out to paint 4 sheets of plywood for stands. Then Dr. and economic development director all afternoon. Tomorrow Edgecombe and work on stands.

Hope all are OK and have a great day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-15-2016

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s today, that is pretty much the norm for now. Good weather for outdoor work.
It will probably be a grass cutting day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-15-2016

Cooler Temperatures for the Northeast - finally. Smile Planning on getting a bit more outdoors walking done in the near future... Slowly getting ready for the open house in November... It'll be here before we know it.

It's the middle of September already!!!! Eek Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 61 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be the mid 70s. We had over 2.5 inches of rain last night.

Nothing on tap for today. Probably go for a bike ride later after it warms up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-17-2016

hi all - back again after a long absence , family matters (health) and now its back to taking it easy for a while - and back to trains .
weather wise , its turned out sunny and warm .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 09-17-2016

Evening all been a long time. Lots have been going on. I was running a temp at night. Well it became the worse. It was a virus on my my heart and it became so bad they had to replace a valve in my heart, do a double by-pass, and they took my defibrillator and the two leads. I'm in the hospital now but hope to get transferred back to the V.A. here in Augusta Monday.
Train wise have been buying, repairing, and reselling some stuff. No layout yet but think once I can do some lifting again I will start prepping the room.I want to sand the floors and then put clear coat on them for hard wood floors. May consider staining them first.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - TrainNut - 09-17-2016

Well, now that summer is slowly fading, the grass isn't growing quite so quickly...
[Image: IMG_3950_zpsiwb5do4f.jpg?t=1474078143]
Which has freed up some time to pursue other endeavors. And so it begins... again...
[Image: IMG_3949_zpsv0ofrg54.jpg?t=1474078132]
I'm starting assembly in the workshop and then once I get the framing nearly complete, I will move it up to the house in manageable pieces. That way, all the tools, and the sawdust stay down in the workshop.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 09-18-2016

its like a summers day here , temp is just right for September .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2016

Wow rtraincollector , thank God for modern medical technology, not only to find the problem, but to be able to do something about it. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Get well and get home soon.

Good morning, temps here have been up and down. A few days below 100, a few above. Today is forecast 105, humidity has been below 10% so we must remember that, "it's a dry heat". Yup, I remember that every time I get a burn touching my vehicle when I get in it or gasp for air because it's like an oven inside until the A/C is on for a while.

Tom: beautiful sight, unlike anything around here. Good approach to your layout, where will it end up? Not another hole in the wall I'd assume though. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-18-2016

Hello Blue
We have a beautiful Sunday morning with a hi of 80 forecast.
Good to read that RT is progressing well.
Nothing new in my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-18-2016

Morning all. Slept late and slept good. Missed Church again. Partly sunny and humid as was real foggy this AM. Errands today. Meetings tomorrow back to back.

Had big Chamber bar-b-q cook off yesterday. Had to judge 35 plates of bar-b-q. Was full when I finished. Stayed all day. Sun worked on me.

Nut, looks like a great start. Good luck.

Have a great week for all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-18-2016

Hey all,

Temps are finally cooling off here though we still have some moisture in the air. Work is steady with the busy season (Oct.-Feb.) looming. Lots of road work around town.

I got another battery op G set the other day the loco has a 0-6-0 wheel arrangement, made in china of course. Looked at bench littered with unfinished projects must tidy up and complete one at a time. The most likely is some Ye ole huff n puff flats need painted underside and trucks mounted( I have the trucks on hand) so I will have 4 rail ready flats needing loads. then I will need to complete a Moxie wood refrigerator car. Then on to completing my station build which needs interior detailing. and then maybe I will take another go at a pizza box diorama, I have a general idea of what I want to build which is a start. Also will soon be wiring up layout.

Any of the other O gaugers have any pros or cons as far as the MTH Z-4000 vs. lionels- new ZW vs. an original ZW transformers?

Had all but one loop(5 out of 6) running the other day. 4 O gauge and 2 S gauge loops.

Spending on trains has got to slow down till I get the accessories for layout and everything wired up. Maybe this October I will get around to some hobby shops to look for new or used accessories and maybe finally getting my old AF350 repaired and on the rails again.

I finally got around to seeing the Star Wars the force awakens, it was better than what I expected.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-18-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's another day of bright sunshine and mild temperatures. Right now it's 70 headed for a high of about 80. friday evening I went to Ames with some friends. Had supper, did some shopping, and had a great time.

Other than that it's been pretty quiet around here. I'll be off the air for a couple of days.

RT - glad to hear you're doing well. Prayers for continued recovery.

All stay safe.

Tom