The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-04-2016

Greetings, gang.

it's a partly cloudy morning outside my window. 59 right now headed for a high in the mid 70s with rain forecast for tonight.

Spent all day yesterday at the hospital. Older daughter had her gall bladder removed. All is well and she is resting (somewhat) comfortably at home. Pain medication is her best friend right now.

First up for today is a quick trip for some groceries and other needed supplies. Then at 10 is the monthly bereavement group. This afternoon's agenda is still open.

Frank and Brent - the Fiat has provided many memorable trips over the years. I sold it back in 2010 to a young man and his dad who were rebuilding one and wanted another one to drive in the mean time.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-04-2016

Good morning all, kind of a big switch, after months of temps well into the 100's, we started out yesterday to breakfast, and there was dew on the vehicle and temps in the 60's. We thought about going back to get jackets. The same this morning, but it was even dark out when we got outside. Well, I think fall has finally come to Arizona. The next thing to show up is going to be the onslaught of snowbirds, those that think that 60 degree weather calls for shorts, tank tops and flip-flops.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-04-2016

Tom:
My supervisor had his gall bladder out. He consoled himself with the information (from his actuarial studies) that if he survived the operation, he would be rated normal for insurance purposes.
Apparently one of the older operations -- Samuel Pepys had it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-06-2016

Morning. Cloudy again. Maybe a sprinkle. All HS football games moved to tonight. Tomorrow to be wet some. Saturday a washout. Seems Matthew is going to bang the FL coast. Our good friends just moved to the east coast of FL. Were bragging about how long it had been since a hurricane had hit there. Humm.

Got a Chamber thing and then Dr.'s appointment. Hope to get out fast enough to get a lunch with rifle forum buddy.

Enjoy the day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2016

Hello Blue
Sun and 70s this week.
A good chance to get outdoor things ready for winter... Sad
If the snowbirds didn't arrive for winters, I would bet Don would see big changes in the town where he lives.
Was talking with a niece about Vegas and how it has changed. The fun times of old are gone and everything cost big bucks now.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 headed for rainy and 70.

Been a busy couple of days. Had a nice monthly bereavement group on Tuesday. Yesterday I ran the Backyard & Southern for about an hour. Today is laundry and packing. Tonight is the weekly beer and bereavement. May have a couple of new members. Leaving tomorrow for Nebraska to visit friends and family. Looks to be a busy weekend so I may be offline for several days.

Prayers for those in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2016

Morning. Rainy. Storm headed this way but to stay off shore. Say may get lots of rain. Had a cyst removed yesterday. Short notice. Didn't stop 81 MG aspirin. Had a bleeding problem. Even into last night. Hope stopped. Only one meeting this afternoon. Staying in.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-08-2016

Morning all. RAINING. Flash flood warnings for all of the eastern part of the state. Better than hurricane winds and rain. Sitting in today.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-08-2016

Good morning all. That "30% chance of rain", turned into a 100% chance of sprinkles. Just a few drops on our van, no real puddles around to show that it really did rain. Still, the TV weather-guesser were right, well, there's always a 30% chance that they'll be right if it does rain, and a 70% chance of being right if it doesn't. I'm sure glad these folks aren't designing or selling other things, "there's a 30% chance that the product we just sold you will work"...

Have a good, and dry, weekend, especially those of you that live on the east coast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-09-2016

Afternoon. Wifey had said power back on by 2 PM. Around 2 I started to go to generator for frig and freezer. Deep cycle battery bilge pumps were doing great. As I reached for the main breaker, I heard the alarm system go beep. That meant power. Then the freezer kicked on. Looked in kitchen and frig display was lit. 2:02 PM. Wifey was pretty close. I had called Duke rep and gave him the riot act. Had folks visiting my house, texting and calling. One wire was holding up the whole part of the County as well as our Town. Lots of money lost by businesses having to throw out food. As well as lost income. All on one wire. Claimed they walked the whole line. What happened to the helicopters????? Folks are mad. See the co-op all around this area was up and running. Duke was more interested in the big city than the smaller towns that could be easily restored. The news producer for the big TV station lives here. She was getting mad. Trying to get her big boss to do story. Every time a storm, we drop power. Fed through the swamps and woods to big substation. Only feed. No alternative. Lots of people fed out of the big substation. Covers 4 acres. Now whining that I 95 shutting down and rerouting through a town with no power. Duke has grown too big compared to the size of its repair staff.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-09-2016

Chief:
I can't help with the power, but try this for safety.
Take a plastic bottle half full of water. Freeze it standing upright. Leave it in the freezer/freezer compartment lying on its side. If you find the ice on the side of the bottle, your freezer has thawed.
I do this when we go on holidays (actually, I levae it there all the time). We haven't had a problem yet.

Moral support to anyone who was in the storm's path.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-10-2016

Chief, I am sorry to read you had lost power. Did you have flooding in your area? The last map I saw from the national hurricane service showed this storm moving out to sea before reaching NC or any of the coast north of South Carolina. Did you guys get any warning?
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-10-2016

Morning. Sunny and beautiful. Frig and freezers survived. Especially freezers. Both had lots of those things you freeze and put in ice chest. Flooding down east is bad. So much rain and then we had it too. With this area so populated, runoff is high. Causes flooding down east as they are flat. Helicopters still rescuing folks. Towns getting flooded. Right now, would be hard to reach the farms. Its OK but getting there is the problem. I 95 closed in several stretches. I 40 closed toward Wilmington. Water rising and will for the farther east as more water gets down that way.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-10-2016

Hello Blue
Early morning frost but 60 for the day.
Our club meet was well attended and a train show on Sunday was my weekend.
Thanks to some last minute errors the Lions were able to win a game yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-11-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 55 headed for cloudy, windy, and cool with an overnight low of about 45. Rain chances tomorrow and then Thursday there is the possibility for frost.

Back from visits with friends and family. Went to the annual Beatrice Area Rail Enthusiast (B.A.R.E) train show in Beatrice, NE. They have made me feel welcome from day 1 which was 8 or nine years ago. Always enjoy my visit there. On the way home I stopped to visit my granddaughter and her family. Got to play with the newest (#8) great-granddaughter and with her other three children.

Tomorrow is a day of rest and recuperation. Contractors start work late tomorrow or Thursday morning repairing driveway and front steps.

Prayers for those devastated by the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom