The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-25-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 48 outside my window this morning headed for a high of about 57. Rain starts late this afternoon and last until tomorrow morning.

Contractor removed the forms and hauled away most of his equipment yesterday. He'll be back this morning to get the rest. I harvested another crop of leaves yesterday but looking at the yard this morning doesn't show the result of my efforts yesterday. Still lots of leaves to come down yet.

No major plans for today. This afternoon I will be going to a visitation for the mother of one f my closest friends. Funeral is tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 10-25-2016

Good morning.

It is a very blustery day today, the hundred acre wood across the street is an orchestra of cracking branches and trees going thud! Got up extra early today as #1 daughter wanted to be at school by 0700Hrs. A big project she is working on requires more time and use of the facilities the school has. She finds that there is less competition for resources in the morning, and likes the quiet. The only problem is it requires a second trip to take #1 son to school later. They are great kids though as most of the time if one wants to go in early, the other will get up as well and go in and get a jump on the day.

We are just waiting on a litter of puppies to be born today (Golden Retrievers) The wife ultrasounds them twice a day and there are three strong heartbeats going on inside. Soon we will hear the pitter Patter of little feet around the house again. 357

Have a great day all.

Brent

Re: - railohio - 10-25-2016

Sumpter251 Wrote:November 12,13, TRAINFEST, Milwaukee County Fairgrounds ( this one usually has lots of layouts, and lots of vendors, like MDC, Athearn, Soundtracks, etc., and several regional Hobby Shops.

Referring back to Pete's post on Trainfest, look for my TTrak module at the Kato booth this year. I will be running with the Milwaukee-N-Southeastern club on Sunday, too.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-26-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 48 degrees this afternoon. Warming trend starts tomorrow. I had about a half inch of rain overnight.

Yesterday turned out much busier than I expected. I repaired the lawn after the forms were remove, including new grass seed and fertilizer. Also cleaned the storm windows for the front porch and put them in place. Then took the used oil from the car to the disposal site. After all that was done I got cleaned up and went o the funeral home for visitation.

This morning I went to the funeral and this afternoon has been an exciting process of laundry. Nothing else planned until tomorrow evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-28-2016

And a good Friday morning to ya all. Sometimes I wonder why we stay here when things are cooler elsewhere. You wonder why I say that, but here we are just days away from November and it hit 100 degrees yesterday, around 15 degrees above normal. It broke two records, the hottest October 27 and the latest in the year that it got up to 100. There is probably a third record, but I won't find that out until I get October's electric bill. Icon_lol Our A/C is still hitting its stride all day and night when by now, we would have had it turned off. Then again, in a few months, I'm reminded why we are here and not up north where people are shoveling their way out of their driveway and their heating bills are far beyond what our summer cooling bills are.

Enough of a rant, I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend, right through Halloween.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-28-2016

Morning. What a busy week I've had. All day and nights. Thought I would be on the way east to hunt and rest. Got a new seafood restaurant to open at 11. Then hit the road. Governor's office and I have been chatting about DOT delaying fixing a major connector that washed out during the hurricane rains. DOT stalling. Curse

Hope all OK.

Have a good and safe weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, windy, and warm are the weather words for today. High for today is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s with 30 mph winds. Right now it's 54.

Quiet day yesterday and more of the same in store for most of today. This evening I plan to attend a tour of a local building which has been vacant for about 10 years. It's on the National Register of Historic Buildings and started life as a hotel. The tour is being conducted by the Young Professionals Club as a fund raiser for fireworks for next year's Fourth of July celebration. Could be entertaining.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-29-2016

Hello Blue
Sun and 67 feels warm. Those in the south would be wearing sweaters.
I got some patio things put away for winter, now I can watch the Michigan/Michigan State game with a clear conscious.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-30-2016

Hello Blue
Yesterday we were out in short sleeve shirts, today it's raining(lite) and 50s.
Well My Ohio State Buckeyes won, Michigan State made one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.
With no chance to win they get a touchdown and with one second left on the clock they try for 2 points. Dumb dumb dumb.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon and that's about as warm as it's going to get.

Quiet day yesterday. I did get the oil changed on my car. This morning I drove over to Hampton for a small train show. Saw a few things I wouldn't have minded buying but since I haven't been in the train room for several years I could see no point. Up next is the Formula One race at 2.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-30-2016

Hectic day yesterday. After coffee, we went to LHS because Dayle saw an Ice Cream shop she liked (reminded her of one in Traverse City) and decided she needed a barn to go with it. And a set of cows. I found a set of rail joiners and a bargain package of couplers. Couple of hundred dollars later ...

We had a Platelayers meeting. Locale changed because scheduled host had a bad experience with catheter removal almost 2 months ago. We ran a half session of Lostock Junction for the assembled multitudes.

Today was lunch with some old friends -- an hour and a half away. They're heading for Phoenix this winter (Don, you've been warned!)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2016

Thanks for the warning David, they'll get lost in the crowd though, thousand and thousands flock here to get away from the winters where they really live. I can see them streaming in now, RV's that I'm guessing are about 60', maybe even 100" long, towing an SUV that is just about as big.

Good morning all, we're still going to be in the 90's for a few more days, some rain and the high 80's in the forecast for later on this week, but who knows for sure. The Arizona Cardinals did it again yesterday. It's a pity to see a bunch of guys with multi-million dollar contracts, stumbling around on the field like they were still playing in an amateur league.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 52 headed for sunny and 68 this afternoon. Should be a beautiful first day of November.

Nothing accomplished yesterday. Today I have a doctor appointment followed by the monthly bereavement group at the local hospice house.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-01-2016

Morning all. Deer hunted Friday and Saturday. Does and a 4 pointer. Busy doing chores yesterday. Errands and go meet the Gov today. Town Board tonight.

Watched some older train videos DVR'd from Trains and Locomotives on RFDTV. Then some hunting videos DVR'd.

Hope all are OK and have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-01-2016

Since Dayle decided to add am Ice Cream store with associated farm to her (Lionel) layout, we've had to rework the railway room and associated basement spaces. I'm not sure exactly what we'll do, but it looks like about a 2'x3' addendum. This has involved clearing her work table out of the railway room, buying some low bookcases and moving other bits around. We've lost the spot for the Eggliner shuttle. A bunch of white shelf bits (8" square) are scattered around the back room.
I did get a TV/DVD set in the main room.