The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-06-2014

Morning. Good or bad what's the difference. This whole thing with the truck has me so upset it's having an impact on my health. I can't get it, the vans not worth fixing, I can't afford a vehicle that doesn't require massive repairs and I just don't care anymore. I was feeling so bad last night I was in bed before 6:30 and anybody who knows me knows I don't go to bed before midnight. Blood pressure this morning was 110/59. Very low for me. I usually run 120/70 first thing in the morning. This is just all too much for me to take.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-06-2014

Morning all. Sunny and humid. Got a pickup load of train boxes. Had stored lots of train [engine and cars] boxes in attic. Cleaned out last night [since it was cooler than in the day]. Saved the engine boxes that are important and stored in Train Box. Others, off they go to the collection center. No joke, pickup load.

Waiting for guys to come install upstairs A/C unit. Have central heat/air [we added as house built in 1940] but not zoned. Will make it easier to cool. Heat is no problem as open stairway pulls it up during the winter. I triple insulated attic several years ago.

Got some Town stuff to do today too. Mow neighbors' yards later. Did mine late yesterday.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-06-2014

RB: I find it very hard to believe that your family would put the "wants" of some over the "needs" of others. I cannot see how they have lost compassion, and that they have no other solution to your getting back some independence. I still wonder that if the truck is in you father's name, why does the sentiment of others keep him from transferring the title to you, especially since you had already given him a check.

Our heart goes out to you and we all hope that you can resolve this soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 08-06-2014

RB, I know things differ because of family, but you gave a check to your father, and you were to get the truck. That alone constitutes a legal and BINDING contract. I realize It wouldn't be practical with your father, but legally you can demand fulfillment of the contract. I'll drop it there because the idea makes me hotter than a hornet.

Lynn Shoot Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-06-2014

Hello Blue just checking in.
Sun and 75 today should be 85 this time of year.
We are safely home from a stay overnight trip.
Just wanted to get away for a day or two.
No train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-06-2014

Well my father said this morning I have the use of the truck for whatever and however long I need it for. It stays in his ownership and the others don't have a say in how I use it or how long I use it or when I use it. If they decide they need it while I have it my needs whether pressing or not are paramount. In other words I can keep it at my home and use it how, when and for what I see fit. I just can't OWN it. That's good with me until I can find something better. It's gonna take time to scrape money together for a vehicle that runs and doesn't require a bunch of repairs. I can get along without heat or a/c or a radio. I just need it in running condition.

Just this afternoon my nephew was dictating terms to me about how I can use the truck, for what and when and how he'll be coming to get it if he decides he needs it. Should I tell you how close he was to getting his butt kicked up over the part of his hair? I told him he'll have to take that up with the owner who doesn't really like him very much.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-06-2014

Glad to see you have a resolution to your predicament, although a short-term one. Let's hope you can turn it around. It still boggles my mind that your family is ignoring your needs they way they are.

ezdays Wrote:Glad to see you have a resolution to your predicament, although a short-term one. Let's hope you can turn it around. It still boggles my mind that your family is ignoring your needs they way they are.
Oh it's easy. They don't have anything to compare my needs to. If it hasn't happened to you you have no idea. I'm the only amputee in the family. The closest they can come is my brother-in-laws knee surgery. I'm the only severe diabetic in the family. The worst they've seen amongst themselves is a mild case controlled by diet. None of them has anything even close to nerve damage. I can hardly feel anything. My doctors wonder how I can still get around as well as I do. I'm extremely careful with anything sharp. If I accidentally cut myself I'm not going to know it until I see some evidence of it. How bad can that be? Back in the 90's I accidentally shoved a paring knife through the palm of my left hand. It went through and came out the back of my hand. I pulled it out, cleaned the wound, wrapped up my hand and went back to what I was working on. I never felt a thing. I had no insurance back then so a trip to the hospital was out of the question. It healed up good enough so I never had any reason to do anything more about it. I can guarantee you they've had nothing even close to that. Maybe they think that because I've been able to live with all of that I don't need any consideration.

Good evening. A cloudy warm damp night at 81° and 73% humidity. Had dinner at my fathers place tonight. Meat loaf, green beans, mixed greens, mashed potatoes with gravy, buttermilk biscuits. Quite good. Nothing more of importance that hasn't already been covered.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-69.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-06-2014

Hi gang.
We just got back from a month in Traverse City, MI. (Lets see, if you look at the back of your left hand ....) I don't like to tell the world we're away.
Lots of concerts at the Interlochen music camp -- Dayle's cousin is a volunteer.
Very little train stuff (other than reading material) but we bought a little photo triptych of PM 1225.
The TV in the RV packed it in while we were there. The 12V power plug has been falling out for a while but this year it wouldn't hold in at all. Looked like it had melted a bit and took the TV's socket with it. We bought a new TV and tried it one place but bad reception (on cable) then found that it would mount where the old one was (matched the holes in the swing out mount). But the cables didn't come out in the same place. I spent the day drilling 2 holes in sheet steel, trying to do it with my battery screwdriver. And buying drills because I didn't come equipped with 1/2" drill. Luckily, my neighbour lent me a full size drill, but I ended up buying a set of tapered drills. Dayle found a few shards of swarf when we packed up.

I have a picture of a mounted Shay for those of you who bought one but can't justify running it. Post it tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
No big news so just checking in.
We have sun and a hi of 80 for the day.
Very little A/C use this year.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-07-2014

Good morning folks, yet another average day in store, temps around 107. The record for today is 114 set two years ago. Some rain in the forecast starting this weekend... wait, no rain in the forecast :? ....oh yeah, there IS rain in the forecast, depending on who you believe :o . There's only one way to find out who's right... wait and see. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-07-2014

Good afternoon. 89° here with 63% humidity. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain. High of 92°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Been busy today with a powered seven port USB hub. Supposedly guaranteed to support whatever devices are connected to it. Apparently the Magicjack and certain keyboards aren't among those devices. My key board that I've been using for a couple of years won't work with it and it won't even recognize my Magicjack. So those two devices are plugged into USB ports on the computer itself. The mouse (ain't caught in the traps yet), printer, scanner, external hard drive and a couple of flash drives are plugged into the 'USB Mass Storage Device' as the device manager calls it. It took a bit of work just to get the thing to work properly as Win8.1 wouldn't see it. It's no wonder the darn thing cost under $5.

No plans for today.

[Image: P1010013-9.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-07-2014

Click on link:

Workers of the year 2013.

Temp 79°
Humidity 93%
Wind S 5-10 mph
P Cloudy

Been outside. It feels like a sauna out there. No rain but I had to dry off when I came in. It's been cloudy all week and looks like it will cloudy all the coming week. I haven't been able to use my telescope yet. I think it's some conspiracy!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-65.jpg]