The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 11-19-2016

Essex , near Windsor , David .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's downright cold in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 16 degrees. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s.

Not much activity around here yesterday. This morning I'm off to breakfast with my brother and his wife. This afternoon I'll be getting laundry caught up and start packing for next week. Son has a doctor appointment Tuesday AM to get results of biopsy. If it's good news I'll head to Michigan for turkey day with my in-laws. If it's bad news I'll just come back home.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-20-2016

Afternoon. Back from hunting. Girls and more girls. Does. If it had been blondes, redheads and brunettes, different story. Wink Still a good time away.
Chilly 50 degrees and windy. Being lazy [Wifey too].
Got a few meeting this week. Tomorrow AM, 60 turkeys for needy families for the 4 schools in Rolesville. Got Frankie and clan coming along with our Daughter and her hubby. As Frankie's wife says, all 5 1/2 of us.
Hope all have a great week ahead and safe thankful holiday.
Tom, hope you are in Michigan as good news. Prayers.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-20-2016

Tom, I pray the news will be good and you will have a great Thanksgiving.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2016

Cold in Michigan this morning. 26/36.
Back to 49s in a couple days.
Thanksgiving will be here with 2 of 3 kids for a total of 10,
For the most part the kids do the other holidays.
My friend is cutting back his PW Lionel collection of freight cars but I have no room for them, it hurts to let them go but I just can't store them.
So he's looking into donations that can give him a tax credit.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

Rainy, windy, and 37 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this afternoon. The weather perfectly suits my mood.

Back home from eastern Iowa. My son got the results from the biopsy on his lung and it's in the same cell family as the cancer in his neck. There will be a biopsy on the recent spot in his neck next week. If the results are the same the prognosis is about 2 years tops and probably less. Needless to say this is not the outcome we were hoping for.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-23-2016

Good morning all, yes, it did rain, two days on and off, but it was refreshing. Did I mention that it was also cold? Well, cold for us, but there were still folks walking around in shorts and flip-flops. These are the ones that are easily ID'd as from somewhere up north. Us, we were wearing jackets even in the afternoon when I'm sure it was in the high 60's, that's frigid when you know you've gone through one of the hottest summers on record, more days over 110, and even more days over 100 during October. Hey, that was just a month ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2016

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool outside my window this morning. Right now it's 37 headed for a high of 39. Not much change today.

Next up on my agenda is a trip to the grocery store before it gets too busy. After that there is not a lot planned for the remainder of the day.

USA today had a nice slide show this morning on the history of AMTRAK locomotives.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2016/11/23/amtrak-train-engine-locomotive/94274774/">http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/de ... /94274774/</a><!-- m -->

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-24-2016

Happy Thanksgiving, gang.

Cloudy and 36 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. That has been the temperature for the last 14 hours and the high for today is only supposed to be about 40. Rain and snow are predicted for tonight.

Gonna be a quiet day around here today. No plans to do anything. I did buy a small ham and will fix that later this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-24-2016

Good morning turkey day!!!! A little rainy off and on. I worked hard yesterday getting up leaves. Now the beautiful clean concrete drive and pad is now got wet leaves on it.

Grady was to help me do leaves. Got drunk on me. Someone got arrested for driving 4 wheeler on town streets and being drunk. Grady????? It was his 4 wheeler. Not sure who. Travis [a guy living in an apt. near by] pulls the drunks with Grady sometimes. Will find out.

Wifey gone to shop deals with me left to cook. Mainly peal sweet potatoes and boil them. Turkey cooking. She'll do ham later.

Hope all have a very stuffing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. I will slip in a hotdog somewhere today.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-24-2016

Tom thinkin of you today. You have so much burden to carry.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-24-2016

I'm using a new computer. The last one degraded to the point of stall and was warning us about imminent hard disk failure. We're up 3 versions of Winders now. None of the bookmarks or old mail seem to have transferred over. It says nasty things when I tried to download FireFox and Irfanview. ALSO THE CAPSLOCK IS WHERE THE SHIFT KEY SHOULD BE. We had office chairs that came with a bigger manual.
Tried to watch Macy's parade today. Gave up because they didn't show the parade, just people talking.

OK, rant session over. I found my box of tracklaying tools today -- pushed under my work desk in the far corner. Applause

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-24-2016

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. It gets worse. On Tuesday my mother-in-law suffered some severe injuries after a fall. Today the family decided to remove life support. I'm in a motel in Indiana on my way to Detroit. Will arrive there tomorrow (ran out of steam for today). Then on the 4th I head back to my son's for another biopsy which will indicate whether his cancer is terminal.

Again, thank you all for your prayers.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-25-2016

Morning. Unseasonably warm 64 degrees. Seems every time I go to the woods, its hot and full of mosquitos.

Christmas decorations to put up in the yard. Then hit the road. Slept late until Lucy [middle dog] stood at the end of the bed and started barking and saying get up.

Ham sandwich and coffee.

Special prayers for Tom and his family.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-25-2016

Tom... Sending prayers your way!