The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-26-2016

Where you guys?? Caught up in the Bleak Sunday sales?
Gentle day here. Coffee at the Red Brick; shortage of main newspaper all over town. Christmas Bazaar. Put up Christmas tree -- most time spent cutting up cardboard box as we bought a bag for it (box no longer big enough for tree). Remember when kit reviews said whether the assembled car would fit back in the box? Remember KIT REVIEWS????

Tomorrow to Brantford train show. It won out over the HD Bolshoi Ballet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-27-2016

I may not get into the off duff contest for a while. The new computer is resisting downloading IrFanView so I can't do pictures.

Today's New York Times book section has a funny article by Calvin Trillin about unpleasant words. He hates "Upgrade".

I managed to spend $11 at the train show; Dayle spent $2. Lunch was more than that.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-28-2016

Morning. Cloudy and 48 [up from 32]. Warming to 60. Errands and outside decorating for Wifey.

Special prayers for Tom and son.

Have a good week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-28-2016

Hello Blue
Detroit area is 43 and cloudy with expected rain overnight.
Thanksgiving and the weekend went well. With a long football Saturday.
I got a haircut and the car got gas this morning, Let the day begin.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-29-2016

Morning. Cloudy and windy. Slight chance of showers. 69 degrees [YES].

Got lights to put on pergola [I call Arch De Triumph as so large]. Then some in a snowball tree. Not much happening but pay bills. Seems good to avoid a lot of running up and down the highways and sitting in meetings. Nice break. Might get a chance to get into Train Box and play trains.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 11-29-2016

Good morning from the wet coast of Canada!

I have been busy trying to help the wife out as much as possible, as she tends to lead a very active life and on top of that we have at least two huge Christmas gatherings at our place we are starting to prepare for. She had surgery on her hand that she broke two fingers on and dislocated a third. The hand Doc said the Emergency Doc did a great job setting them all back into place, however, the fact she is so active and won't behave herself meant it was not stable enough to let heal without being pinned. So, as a result, she has what looks like a bunch of big turkey skewers sticking out of her hand pointing in all directions. I am enjoying keeping my pliers at the ready for the day they get removed. 357 Popcornbeer Apparently, they just pull them out without a local or anything else, as it is not suppose to hurt at all. I think a good stiff drink would be required before the procedure at least. Wink

The kid was asked for an on-camera interview for his bit he did for X-Men Legion. It was only a minor part, though he did spend a day with Dan Stevens shooting the part. He had a lot of good laughs with him that day. He has turned down a part in the show "Once Upon A Time" as it interfered with school. I was proud of him for having his priorities straight. They even offered to try and be flexible in their schedule for him, but it was still a time commitment he didn't want to make. I think he is in for making some serious money in the movie/TV industry next summer before he goes off to Law school. That'll pay a few bills.

The kid dislocated his shoulder last Friday playing Hockey. We got to the ER at 2200hrs and left at 0800hrs. They had a heck of a time getting it to go back in. Last time he did the other side and we were in and out of the hospital in no time. They did eventually got it in and we went home. I am tooooo old to be pulling all nighters. To think I use to work all night and go skiing or play a round of golf before hittin the hay. Now the thought of having to do something like that makes me think that I could have never have been that same guy. Nope

Well, I got my turntable out of the box before I was summoned by the boss. I try to get to her aid as quick as I can, or she will do it herself. Doctors make the worst patients, don't ya know. 357 At least I got something done in the last week. 2285_

All the best to all!

Brent

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-29-2016

I started the miserable week today. I have an appointment with the RotoRooter Doc and there is a week of low-fiber, no nuts, and 3 days with no fruit or veggies. All followed by a day where I have exclusive access to the bathroom.
We started the day at the lab having blood taken for tests. This got me off heavy lifting for the day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-29-2016

I've just noticed a little problem on the computer. After I post a reply, the back up arrow takes me to a screen that says it can't access the page, and won't back up past it. Program is Edge under Windows 10.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-30-2016

David, Edge has a lot of problems because in order to make it fast add ons and other functions are not supported. A work around is to click on "Board index" and then "view active topics"
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-30-2016

Morning all. 69 degrees [YES!!!!] and partly cloudy. Rain later this evening. Turned summer. Eek Not much happening for me which is good. Lunch with DIL. Only interruption from peace was Town Commissioner calling and talking and talking. Luckily she has gotten a job starting next week. She'll be busy from now on. Applause

BR, the prep is worse than the procedure. Good luck with that.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-30-2016

Charlie B Wrote:David, Edge has a lot of problems because in order to make it fast add ons and other functions are not supported. A work around is to click on "Board index" and then "view active topics"
Charlie

I've bookmarked both, "view new posts", and, "view active topics" as links and that's how I usually get here. After posting, I click on one of those links to return from viewing my post, or as you suggest, click on "Board Index" and go from there.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-30-2016

I tried edge the other day and I was amazed at the speed until I found out I couldn't even download my electric bill because it doesn't support adobe reader. I tried for about 10 minutes, then went to help to find this out. I am back to the slower firefox that will do everything. Edge is like buying one of Henry's Fords. You can have any color you want as long as it is black :mrgreen:
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-30-2016

I tried to download FireFox and Kaplansky or Kaspersky told me it might be malware. Edge won't pick up bookmarks from FF. I've also lost contact with all my old stored eMails.
Rowrbazzle!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - JaBear - 12-01-2016

Gidday All, greetings from the Shaky Isles, 72F, scattered showers, and another small geyser erupting from the lake today, three so far this week. Mother Nature doing a bit of stress relief!

BATMAN Wrote:I try to get to her aid as quick as I can, or she will do it herself. Doctors make the worst patients, don't ya know.

Bimey Brent, Bear bothered, bemused, bewildered by Batmans boss belittling behaviour bout badly broken bones; better bonding bought by balance, beautiful bearing.

It almost sounds like you need two fingers of something strong for your stress relief. Popcornbeer

BATMAN Wrote:...............before he goes off to Law school.

So he’s off to the Dark Side, eh?? Wink 357

Cheers, the Bear. Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-01-2016

Morning. 58 degrees and sunny. Been watching the news on NBC, CBS and FOX. I'll let you guess who had more news and not BS.

Vacuum the house today. Do some errands. Being half way lazy is fun.

Good news here. Seems genetic Dr. thought Col [Frank V] may be born with SF. Last night tests results came back negative.

No word from Tom?????

Have a good one.