The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-15-2016

Good morning everyone, a bit chilly here by our standards. Anything under 60 is frigid, under 50 and us locals don't even want to go out. The high today should be pushing 80, then drop by ten degrees by tomorrow. Some bad weather blowing in from the coast. Just kidding a bit, yeah, it's cold for us, but nothing like what we're seeing on TV from the Midwest and back east. I wish you all the best if that's what you're dealing with....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-16-2016

As Elmer Fudd would say: It's Vewwy Vewwy cold here.... It passed by freezing 2 days ago and it remained in the 20's since then. Overnight it got unspeakably cold. It's 16 here... normal is 28. The wind chill is 4.

It's going to get up to 28 at 10PM tonight, then we are expecting snow showers tomorrow morning.

I'm going to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow. This will be the second time for me in 5 years. I Highly recommend seeing them if you can. They are on youtube too...

~~~ Everyone have a good day!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-16-2016

Greetings, gang.

16 outside my window this morning and that's pretty much it for the day. Snow in the forecast for this afternoon and evening along with high winds and falling temperatures. The low by Sunday morning is supposed to be about -18. Not gonna be a very pretty weekend.

Had to break out of my house yesterday afternoon. The door latch broke. Took me about 15 minutes of fiddling to finally get it open. I'll be off to Menards this morning to buy a new one. Also need to see about new tires for the car. Had a blowout a couple weeks ago and now another tire keeps losing air.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-16-2016

Sun and 10 degrees this morning
This is February temps in December.
Snow expected tonight.
I will be running trains at Greenfield Village tonight.
Not really excited about being out when it's snowing.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-16-2016

Got some rain this morning. It's suppose to get heavier as the day goes on, but we can see bits of the sky through the clouds, so I don't know. It's not really chilly right now, but it's not suppose to get past the high 60's, so again, we'll see...

Sorry about the snow guys.... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-16-2016

Don: you don't have to apologize for the snow; they tell us it's coming from Colorado. 357

I've nearly convinced the secretary of the treasury that we need snow tires.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-17-2016

BR60103 Wrote:Don: you don't have to apologize for the snow; they tell us it's coming from Colorado. 357

I've nearly convinced the secretary of the treasury that we need snow tires.

Well, at times we feel a bit guilty here when we're walking around in our shirtsleeves while there are people in other parts of the continent fighting frostbite... I see pictures of massive pileups and people looking like they're dressed for the South Pole. :o

But.... we're suppose to get our share of cold weather today, some rain early in the day, but high temps in the low 60's, I don't know if we even want to go outside today. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-17-2016

Greetings, gang.

10 headed for 1 outside my window this morning. Wind is supposed to be in the 30+ mph range today which will make a mess of the couple inches of snow we received overnight. Don, there is a very short list of things I wouldn't to for rain and temps in the low 60s.

Not much planned for today. House cleaning and snow shoveling are about the only things on the list. Older son and family arrive tomorrow or Monday. They leave on Thursday or Friday. Rest of the kids arrive for the weekend. Could have upwards of 20 in the house on the big day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 12-17-2016

Been a while since I been in here. Doing fine since everything I've gone thru since the operation. Got clean bill of health back on the 12th giving me permission to start lifting things over 12 LB's. 2285_ I have decided my O gauge layout is going to be at least 2 years out as all the work that needs to be done to up grade the garage into a train room. first thing out there will be remove garage door and put up a wall along with a door way between the storage room attached to it so I can get into the garage. then the rest will start.
Anyway I'm looking into making a n scale layout here in my room here. I have about 30" deep area along two walls so I will have 5' x 8' x 30" to make a fair size layout. I've already been advised to use the kato track system and have accumulated a fair amount of it already ( maybe to much in some cases ) I have 20 packs of the 9 3/4" track so that's like 80 sections right there. Plus I bought other sets that have curve and straight sections plus I have 4 switches coming in. I feel that's plenty to get started. Now if I only knew what I was doing beyond their. I plan to stay conventional as don't want to get into DCC. The other sets I have are K1,V6,and a Santa-Fe Train set. Will be using a couple of older DC transformers I have.
Morning all. 38* going up to 62* . Christmas Day it will be a high of 62* here. Have to goto the unit ( wife has a space in a antique mall ) to take a few things and rearrange a couple of things but that's it for today. May goto Bojangle's first for breakfast/lunch. We will see.
I need to get moving ( take pills, feed the cat's etc. ) will talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-17-2016

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 25
I just cleared 3/4 inches of snow from yesterday evening.
I spent the evening at Greenfield Village running trains on our modular layout.
Snowy roads by the time we left there, but we all got home ok.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-17-2016

Afternoon. 42 degrees and sunny. Temps going up. Mid 70's tomorrow. Had freezing drizzle that amounted to nothing here. Western part of county wrecks.

Got Sister-IL's wedding and I have to pronounce them "man and wife". In NC, Mayors can not marry people. So, to be legal, several of us belong to the Universal Life Church. $39 and you are officially ordained a minister. Some folks that are not elected officials do it. They then can marry folks that are friends and relations. Interesting.

Get to eat eastern NC bar-b-q, fried chicken, yellow slaw, boiled potatoes and sweet ice tea.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-19-2016

Where the heck is everyone??????

Morning. 34 degrees and wet. Hope no ice. Was some earlier but melted fast. Got Mayors' Assoc. party tonight. So so.

RT, glad you have a good OK. Hope all others are OK. Continued prayers for Tom and his son. Same for DAZ.

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-20-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 21 headed for Sunny and 35 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Been busy getting the house ready for visitors and the holidays. First batch of guests arrived yesterday and will leave on Thursday morning. Next batch arrives Thursday afternoon and will leave on next Monday. Still trying to pin down the number of guests for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Keeps fluctuating between 9 and 17.

Went to see the newest Star Wars movie yesterday. It was only so-so.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-22-2016

Good morning, a wet one here. It rained last Friday and with the wind, anything outside got covered in mud. Since the only forecast for rain was for 10% chance on Christmas Eve, we tried for three days to get into the carwash, but so did dozens of others, the lines were so long that there was a guy directing traffic on the street. Finally, on Tuesday, we got our van washed, and by the next weather report, the TV people were calling for as high as a 90% chance of rain starting the next day right though Christmas. The car wash people literally cashed in before the storm, and they'll do it again next week. Lots of snow up north and more to come with these storms, maybe even a bit in the high desert, just to north of us. It happens ever few years, but as you can guess, it doesn't hang around long.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-22-2016

Morning.  55 degrees and rising.  Off to the farms to hunt.  Back tonight.

Tom, good luck with house work.

Lionel Legacy CP SD90 MAC came in. Runs great.

Have a good one.