The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-22-2016

Greetings, gang.

It's sunny and 37 right now in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be near 40.

Right now is the calm between the storms. First batch of visitors has departed and the second batch is on the way. I have been to two grocery stores to complete the shopping list provided by my daughter. I'll get some of the easy stuff done this afternoon and we'll work together tomorrow to finish the baking. This afternoon I also need to run the vacuum and get the linens changed on the beds.

If I don't make it back before Sunday I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-22-2016

House work day here.
I spent a bit of time on the layout today. I had filled in a bit between the homasote and the wall with foam and the added trees to it. (Well, SWMBO added the trees; I just gkued/pinned them down.) The cat has been playing with them (we should have called him Autumn) and the glue is proving stronger than the beaded foam. So today was replace the foam with Homasote. Just for interest, an X-acto knife makes a lot less dust than a saw, but takes an hour longer.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-23-2016

Morning. Partly cloudy turning to sunshine. Presently 39 degrees and going to mid 50's. A lot cooler than 62 yesterday afternoon. Only good thing about Yanks sending cold. NO mosquitos in the woods.

Tom, you are doing great. About the same list Wifey has left me. Icon_lol

Christmas chaos as usual here. Wifey in a tizzy to get things ready for big meal tomorrow with kids and then go to her Dad's that evening. She is out and about for last minute specials she really doesn't need.

Me, help clean house and run some errands.

Hope all have a good and safe day [especially if traveling].

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-23-2016

Hello Blue
Temp in the high 30s has given us some snow melt but we still have enough for the I want snow for Christmas folks.
For those not here for the weekend
MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-24-2016

Good morning everyone, Christmas Eve is upon us way too soon. It's just that it's hard to believe that we're a few days away from the start of another new year when I'm still wondering what happened to 2015, or even 2014... We've been watching Christmas movies since Thanksgiving, some for the second time, like "The Santa Clause". We save, "Scrooge", or, "A Christmas Carol", always for the night before Christmas, and always watch the Alistair Sim version in black and white. If there's time, another Tim Allan's "Santa Clause 3". They are all clever and fun to watch, even though you know every scene from watching it over and over.

Right now, it's a bit chilly and we're on the 10% side of the "90% chance of rain", but they''re saying that will happen around noon along with lots of wind. Santa may have a tough time controlling his sled tonight, but he'll manage, he always does...

Enjoy your Christmas Eve today, you'll have to wait a whole year for another one to come along, so don't miss out on this one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-24-2016

Merry Christmas to all. Good health and happiness. Chaos soon. House full of little girls. Next year, girls and a boy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-25-2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUE.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - teejay - 12-25-2016

Merry Christmas , gang , .....right now we are having a white Christmas but tomorrow temps will go to the mid 50's and snow should be gone .

T

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-26-2016

Good morning all. Cloudy and 51 degrees. No rain they say. ????? Going hunting. Return whenever I want to. Not sure. Depends on who is there and what the weather is doing. Also what the deer are doing. Been fun, seen lots of deer but the big guy. May want to stay home and do some Train Box stuff for a change.

Hope all have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-27-2016

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 21 headed for a high in the upper thirties. Temps will remain above normal for the rest of the week. At least, that's what the national Weather Service claims.

The house is quiet and all the guests have departed. Had 12 for Christmas Eve and Day, including 4, 5, and 12 year old boys. Made for a fun but hectic day. Today has been proclaimed a national day of rest here at the headquarters for the Backyard & Southern Railway.

I hope you all had a very good Christmas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-27-2016

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 35 today.
Snow has melted, I can see my yard again.
No train news. We spent Christmas day with the kids, all three families were there making it a nice Christmas day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BATMAN - 12-27-2016

Good morning all. It is 7c and the snow should be gone by tomorrow. Hope all had a great Christmas as we did. We always have three large gatherings over the holidays. I did five loads in the dishwasher after the Christmas day. I think I may get back to the trainroom today.
The wife had the turkey skewers removed from her hand since my last report. We went to this brand new hospital which is really quite something. I felt like I was in a Star Trek movie. The wife got an E-Mail telling her what floor to report to, so we show up and walk out of the elevator where a computer monitor welcomes you and ask you to swipe your care card or drivers license. My wife swipes her DL and it says Welcome Louise, the Doctor would like you to have an X-Ray before you get your pins removed, please report to X-Ray down the hall to your left, when you are finished in X-Ray proceed to the hand clinic to your right. The wife had her X-ray, pins removed and her first physio work out and we were in and out of the hospital in 50 minutes. All and all a pretty slick operation they are running there.
Spain is suppose to have the best medical care in the world, however, I sure can't complain one little bit about ours, and we have used it a lot in the past few years. Alway very efficient.

I got spoiled again this Christmas, receiving lots of goodies. I got $300.00 in PWRS (Pacific Western Rail Systems) gift certificates from various friends and family. I will be putting these towards a couple of Rapido "Royal Hudsons" this year. I still have a $100.00 left over from last years Christmas and birthday gift certificates. It must have been a slow year in the train room for me not to have used them up. Eek 357

We are off to Vancouver Island after the new year to start scoping out different areas. We think we will move there after my daughter is out of high school in two years. The greater Vancouver area is just becoming too crowded. Civilization is rolling towards us at an alarming rate and we like a lot of breathing room between us and our neighbours. Many friends and family have already moved over there or will be in the next few years. I would also like to spend some time in the South Pacific as my health is always much better in the warmer climate. We live on a lot of fresh fruit and more fish when we are down there and we really notice the change in the way we feel.

Stay warm and safe.

Brent

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-28-2016

Morning. 54 degrees and sunny. Cooler today. Errands with Wifey. She goes back to work tomorrow. YEPEE. Back to my schedule.

Tom, good rest for you. Take it easy.

Brent, hope you are not invaded to quickly. We are here.

All have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-29-2016

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 28 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 30s and quite breezy with gusts up to 45 mph. Hang on to your hats!

10 loads of laundry over the last two days has my washer and dryer threatening to go on strike. Lots of bed linens, towels, and table cloths to get cleaned up after the invasion. Today I will start taking down toe Christmas decorations.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-29-2016

Morning. Cloudy and has rain a bunch. SUPPOSE to be gone. Still cloudy. Tomorrow chilly and real windy. Guess I am headed east to hunt. Not to enthusiastic about it. We'll see how long I stay.

Tom, take breaks between those cleaning up chores.

Have a good one.