The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-08-2014

Wakie, wakie, eggs and bakey, so the saying goes. 357 Hey, it's going for 6AM here and 9AM on the east coast, so you guys should be up and about with a full breakfast already. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Me, well, I'm just now on my second cup of coffee. I bit late, but we kind of overslept this morning. Temps today are going to be right at the average, 105, and no, we don't look for rain anytime today.... but, many a summer we've been fooled, so we'll not know for sure until tonight. Nope

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 64 degrees, low 80s today.
No news from my train world. We are just enjoying the summer weather although it's cooler than normal for this time of year.
I don't think the A/C has been on in over a week.
A chat about layout tables with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-08-2014

ezdays Wrote:Wakie, wakie, eggs and bakey, so the saying goes. 357 Hey, it's going for 6AM here and 9AM on the east coast, so you guys should be up and about with a full breakfast already. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Me, well, I'm just now on my second cup of coffee. I bit late, but we kind of overslept this morning. Temps today are going to be right at the average, 105, and no, we don't look for rain anytime today.... but, many a summer we've been fooled, so we'll not know for sure until tonight. Nope

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.... Thumbsup

Actually unless I need to be up I'm now not getting up until 10 - 11 am retirement is so good and I never was a late sleeper but became one real fast lol. Must be because of the meds they have me on but I'm not complaining either Big Grin

Afternoon all well should be say evening as it is 5:30 P.M. been a good day. didn't do much but still a good day. Hope all have a good weekend there calling for rain here all weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-09-2014

Good evening. Temp is 78° and humidity is 97%. Mostly clear. Looks like telescope conditions!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010004-43.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-09-2014

And a good Saturday morning to ya all... I hope you all have a great and fun weekend planned. Weather-wise, right now our humidity is in the 50's and dew point in the 60's, a great combination for rain, yet there is conflicting forecasts for today and tomorrow, 0% for the Weather Channel, 10-20% for the weather gals on TV. I can't wait until Tuesday though, the TV people call for 40%, but the Weather Channel is saying 80%. I still remember the year we spent living in Houston, the weather report always called for 20% chance of rain, every day it was that way, even when it was pouring rain outside.

Enough of that for now, I think today is the day I finish my kitbuild challenge. Remember folks, we still have three more weeks before the challenge ends, so there is still time to enter one of them. It's the end of the summer, and a good time to on take a challenge like this.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 80 for today.
Late summer sun and very little rain has slowed the grass growing so no cutting this week.
Afternoon birthday party for grandson # 5, He turns 12 today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-09-2014

Morning all. Pouring rain and cool. Suppose to rain and be cool for two to three days. What ever happened to hot and irrigating during August?

Worked two days on Parkers' pond. Cleaning it up, trimming and putting up security cables. Yesterday, set big posts for fence and big gate. Will hang next week.

Not much happening today. Go to Hunters Haven for a few. Then 90th Birthday party for Mrs. Dorothy [black lady friend lives at entrance of Parker's pond]. I help look after her. Big party at the church. Taking special proclamation.

Tomorrow, suppose to go with Golden Corral folks to visit a Camp Corral.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 08-09-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Good afternoon. 89° here with 63% humidity. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain. High of 92°.
Been busy today with a powered seven port USB hub. Supposedly guaranteed to support whatever devices are connected to it. Apparently the Magicjack and certain keyboards aren't among those devices. My key board that I've been using for a couple of years won't work with it and it won't even recognize my Magicjack. So those two devices are plugged into USB ports on the computer itself. The mouse (ain't caught in the traps yet), printer, scanner, external hard drive and a couple of flash drives are plugged into the 'USB Mass Storage Device' as the device manager calls it. It took a bit of work just to get the thing to work properly as Win8.1 wouldn't see it. It's no wonder the darn thing cost under $5.

No plans for today.

I messed with that MJ several years ago. No amount of fiddling/prodding could make it work reliably. Wound up in the trash...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 08-09-2014

Steamtrains Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Good afternoon. 89° here with 63% humidity. Cloudy with a fair chance of rain. High of 92°.
Been busy today with a powered seven port USB hub. Supposedly guaranteed to support whatever devices are connected to it. Apparently the Magicjack and certain keyboards aren't among those devices. My key board that I've been using for a couple of years won't work with it and it won't even recognize my Magicjack. So those two devices are plugged into USB ports on the computer itself. The mouse (ain't caught in the traps yet), printer, scanner, external hard drive and a couple of flash drives are plugged into the 'USB Mass Storage Device' as the device manager calls it. It took a bit of work just to get the thing to work properly as Win8.1 wouldn't see it. It's no wonder the darn thing cost under $5.

No plans for today.

I messed with that MJ several years ago. No amount of fiddling/prodding could make it work reliably. Wound up in the trash...

Yup, I tried one of those 7 Port hubs on my PC a good while back - total Garbage - which is where it ended up!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-09-2014

I got the 7-port hub working quite well. It works with the Magicjack now as well as the keyboard. As for the Magicjack being a problem, this is my second one. The first one finally died after five years of service. I went back to Wal-Mart and got another one. Now I need to get a better phone. I can barely hear the one I have now. I can hear it ring just fine! I have to press it hard against my ear to hear the other party.

Steamtrains Wrote:I messed with that MJ several years ago. No amount of fiddling/prodding could make it work reliably. Wound up in the trash...
It's so simple to use. Plug the Magicjack into a USB port and plug a regular corded phone into the Magicjack and start making free calls. It does need time to get set up before you start using it. The hardest thing I had to do was select a phone number. I chose the 504 area code because it's not used in this area. Drives my father nuts! He has to dial my area code + the number just to call across the street.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-09-2014

Running Bear Wrote:I chose the 504 area code because it's not used in this area. Drives my father nuts! He has to dial my area code + the number just to call across the street.

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Isn't that what "kids" of any age are made for ? 2285_ Cheers

Sumpter250 Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:I chose the 504 area code because it's not used in this area. Drives my father nuts! He has to dial my area code + the number just to call across the street.

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Isn't that what "kids" of any age are made for ? 2285_ Cheers
Yep!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-09-2014

Good evening all,

Worked hard at work today had to take a long way home due to road work, once home had to get cleaned up and take the folks out of town to a family reunion just now got back home and have to be at work again at 7:45 am Sunday.

I have a pic or two that RB may find of interest, it is my new Digital storage O' siliscope I got from MPJA (marlin p. Jones assoc.) an electronic supplier catalog. Faraway found it a bit cheaper on amazon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-10-2014

Good morning.

[Image: Potofcoffeepouring.gif]