The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-05-2017

Evening. Turning cold. Our Canadian buddies sending us super cold in a few. Also getting some snow they say.
Trying to stay out of national news.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-05-2017

Sorry, Chief, but we're just re-routing the weather from Colorado.

Did I mention that my 70th birthday present last month was a Kadee 70th annversary boxcar? When you take it out of the box, you find the instructions that tell you that to preserve its collectability, you should leave it in the box.

Temps going way down here for the rest of the week. No %ages about it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-06-2017

Good morning, no rain yesterday, but then again, we've got another shot at it today.

BR60103 Wrote:...Did I mention that my 70th birthday present last month was a Kadee 70th annversary boxcar? When you take it out of the box, you find the instructions that tell you that to preserve its collectability, you should leave it in the box...
I always wonder about something that's designed to be collectible. We use to buy Rockwell plates from Knowles, not because they're touted as being collectible, but because we liked anything Rockwell. If you look on the back of the plates, they'll say, "Limited to 180 firing days", meaning that if they make 1000 plates a day, there's only 179,999 other "collectible" plates like it out there.

Hang in there and enjoy the car. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-06-2017

Greetings, gang.

-6 outside my window this going going to 15 this afternoon.

Almost complete failure on my project list for yesterday. I did get the bills paid and put gas in the car. Still need to go to bank. get haircut, and grocery shop. Thinking about making a pot of chili for supper tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-06-2017

Snow on the way, Guessers can't say how much or how little. 0 nights coming for a few.
Folks calling and threatening PD Chief and myself. Small minds.
Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 01-06-2017

Tomorrow is Dragonfest. Mike, who owns Lostock Junction, calls his wife The Dragon. This is a non-meeting, where the Dragons assemble upstairs and we get together and run trains in the basement. No club business is processed.
Weather forecast has adnvanced; Sunday's snow is now for Saturday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-07-2017

Afternoon. Snow finally falling. Not going to have what was forecasted. Be ending soon.

Had emergency lazar eye surgery last night. Had tiny torn retina. Dr. buddy up the street came back to office and did.

Watching TV and waiting for Wifey's big pot of soup to cook.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-08-2017

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 3 degrees but a warming trend is on the way. High for today is supposed to be near 20 with close to 30 by Tuesday, if you want to call that warm.

Got all my chores caught up on Friday and yesterday I goofed off a lot. This morning I was planning to go to Council Bluffs for a train show and to meet some friends from Nebraska. I got to the edge of town when my cell phone rang. My friend screwed up his back and couldn't go. So now I have a free day today. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Frank - hope your eye heals quickly.

Prayers for all in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-08-2017

Hello Blue
It's been cold but no snow. 17 degrees now. Warmer next week.
Small train show today. Same guys, same stuff.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-08-2017

Goodnight. Fair and 15 Yankee degrees. Hope all are OK. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-10-2017

Greetings, gang.

Thank you to all who worked hard getting us back on line.

Windy (gusts over 30 mph) and 21 this afternoon. When I got out of bed this morning it was 34 and raining. That froze and now we have a fine mess with lots of ice.

Quiet day today. A pot of chili is brewing on the stove and that's about the extent of my activity today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-10-2017

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

Thank you to all who worked hard getting us back on line...

Thank Packey, he's always sitting there at the ready... Yeah, we occasionally get a glitch in our database and like a learned surgeon, he has to operate and sew it up so it beats once again.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 01-10-2017

Thank you Packey! I knew you were busy and finally successful as always in the background.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-11-2017

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 23 right now headed for 14 with a slight chance of more freezing rain. Not the nicest forecast I've ever seen.

Stayed home yesterday due to slick roads. Today I may stay home due to cold weather. Seems like I'm getting really good at thinking up excuses to not leave the house. Not much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-11-2017

Morning. Partly sunny and 46 degrees. Temps rising. Snow is going to be a past in a few hours. Errands today. No Town I hope?????

Tom, some of my buddies around the community [4 truck loads with beagles] just returned from Nebraska from rabbit hunting. Been going every year for 20 years. Drive out and back. Take portable dog pens. Unbelievable.

Have a good one.